News Jack Darling resumes with WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack probably only had 1-2 years left

His social media post suggests he'll be back at some stage - so why would he say that if he didnt plan to get vaccinated?

If he's been brain washed i feel sorry for him, he's going to regret this massively, especially when the games start. .

If he's planning on getting paid out in full for his "workplace injury" i feel even more sorry for him.

Without fail all the people i know who are on the other side of the divide have subnormal intelligence.

its not so much that we are alright with it - its more a cross we have to bear. You just have to accept that 50% of the population are in that sub par group.

love to do a venn diagram of australian trump supporters and anti vaxxers
You don't need a Venn Diagram, it would just be overlapping circles.

I Hope we delist the idiot Jack darling
What a moron, we should also strip him of his life membership as well.

If he changes his mind and plays iam still going to give it him at games
Serious idiot

What is moronic RE is your suggestion to strip him of his life membership.

FFS I get that your upset about his actions and decision, but you have gone a bit too far - IMO with the extreme post.

No wonder he was all over the place as a player, got to be mentally soft to be so easily led down the rabbit hole to the point of pissing your multi-million dollar career down the toilet.

Looks like his wife is going to be the bread winner now doing... whatever it is she does. But not before making up some bullshit 'workplace injury' excuse to try to get some more coin from the club and the AFL.

I'm not an anti-vaccer and am personally vaxxed - but I really don't find those who aren't getting jabbed to have an indefensible position, especially in light of the latest findings.

Those of us who are double-jabbed ppl now have 4% effectiveness against Omicron and when I get my 3rd booster it's effectiveness will have worn off within 3/4 months. But yet anyone who refuses to get the jab and whatever boosters are mandated moving forward we're just going to label as complete morons?

But anyway dont mind me - just a bit pissed off about the pushing back of the border opening, havent seen family since 2019.

I'm not an anti-vaccer and am personally vaxxed - but I really don't find those who aren't getting jabbed to have an indefensible position, especially in light of the latest findings.

Those of us who are double-jabbed ppl now have 4% effectiveness against Omicron and when I get my 3rd booster it's effectiveness will have worn off within 3/4 months. But yet anyone who refuses to get the jab and whatever boosters are mandated moving forward we're just going to label as complete morons?

But anyway dont mind me - just a bit pissed off about the pushing back of the border opening, havent seen family since 2019.
Its not like it wears off completely.

I have no idea why people keep saying this, but it's completely wrong.

Researchers from the U.K. just released a new report on Jan. 14 recounting results of a study that analyzed the long-term protection of a third shot of the Pfizer vaccine by observing more than 700,000 Omicron cases. According to the U.K. Health Security Agency (UKHSA), the results showed that two weeks after the shot, Pfizer's booster cuts the risk of symptomatic infection against COVID by about 70 percent.

But in terms of the length of protection, results were less favorable. The same analysis found that protection appears to fall quickly, and by three months, the booster reduces the risk of symptomatic infection by only about 50 percent. A second analysis from the U.K. researchers indicates that the protection is likely to decline even further after this. According to the report, it is estimated that protection will drop to around 40 percent just four months after a booster dose.

At the same time, vaccine protection against severe disease does not depend as heavily on antibodies, according to Gommerman. "So with declining antibody levels, you might be vulnerable to an infection but not necessarily vulnerable to disease—that's a different kettle of fish," she said.

This falls in line with what the U.K. researchers found in their study. According to their analysis, protection against hospitalization is higher than 95 percent two weeks after a third shot of Pfizer and even after four months, it remains at an effectiveness of around 80 percent. In the wake of Omicron, that's a particularly stark difference compared to just two shots of the vaccine, where protection against severe disease declines to around 40 percent after six months.

The tl;dr version is that at 3 or 4 months you're still nearly 50% less likely to experience a symptomatic reaction to Covid, and you're about 80% less likely to require hospitalization. So the booster makes a big difference even if its effectiveness starts to ease over time.

70 % of the dead in nsw arent vaxxed.

E0E06E80-DBBD-4E50-94D0-1F34DD4F2814.jpeg

Where do you get 4% from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't think that booster efficacy fades pretty quickly well you better tell the Israeli's who are then apparently uselessly introducing a 4th booster.

And the WA Chief Health Officer literally just stated:

“This [booster coverage] is expected to have a significant impact on [Omicron] modelling up to the end of March, Beyond that date, the waning of protection from boosters is anticipated to offset this gain.”

70 % of the dead in nsw arent vaxxed.

View attachment 1314525

Where do you get 4% from?

I'm not talking about percentage who have died (btw tables like that are better served with dates).
I'm talking about the effectiveness of two jabs against omicron - hence why the tailored booster is needed.
I'm not making an anti-vaxed statement at all, they reduce risk. But the percentage of risk they reduce is not as much as many think, especially over time.

Anyway let's leave it at that and not hijack the thread.
I think a lot of ppl missed the press-conference regarding why the borders got pushed back the booster is needed.

If you don't think that booster efficacy fades pretty quickly well you better tell the Israeli's who are then apparently uselessly introducing a 4th booster.

“This [booster coverage] is expected to have a significant impact on [Omicron] modelling up to the end of March, Beyond that date, the waning of protection from boosters is anticipated to offset this gain.”
Nobody even listened to his presser.... I thought everything stopped when he spoke?

So hang on…are you saying there is some kind of internationally coordinated agenda, of which WA is some kind of epicentre, with the backing of basically every credible health official in the world, and governments all over the planet, with millions and millions of dollars spent to roll out an ineffective vaccine process, including pointless boosters?!?

To stop a virus that may not even exist?!?

And your best mate’s cousin’s wife hasn’t seen her parents in 2 years because she was originally from Victoria?!

Who’s behind this? Is it Big Pharma?

Jeez this is a massive story.

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter??

So hang on…are you saying there is some kind of internationally coordinated agenda, of which WA is some kind of epicentre, with the backing of basically every credible health official in the world, and governments all over the planet, with millions and millions of dollars spent to roll out an ineffective vaccine process, including pointless boosters?!?

To stop a virus that may not even exist?!?

Nice Today Tonight watcher level hysteria - way to read too much into my post.

My source is literally our own governments health advice - the effectiveness for double jabbed ppl like myself is drastically reduced with the Omicron variant - hence the need for the booster - and all I'm saying is the booster's effectiveness fades pretty fast according the advice given by the government yesterday (which is why the Israeli's are trying the 4th booster shot).

Without fail all the people i know who are on the other side of the divide have subnormal intelligence.

its not so much that we are alright with it - its more a cross we have to bear. You just have to accept that 50% of the population are in that sub par group.

love to do a venn diagram of australian trump supporters and anti vaxxers

In Melbourne it was reported that the wealthiest suburbs tend to have the lowest vaccination rates.

Some of Melbourne's wealthiest suburbs are among those with the lowest immunisation rates in the state, figures show.

Make of that what you will.

As for Darling, he has had a terrific career, including a premiership, if this is the end of the line for him, he will still be an Eagles champion.

I do wonder if his opinion has been affected by the recent comments from the Pfizer CEO.

Pfizer’s chief executive has revealed that two doses of the current Covid-19 vaccine offer “very limited protection, if any” against Omicron.

I do wonder if his opinion has been affected by the recent comments from the Pfizer CEO.

Pfizer’s chief executive has revealed that two doses of the current Covid-19 vaccine offer “very limited protection, if any” against Omicron.

Pointing that out may get ppl very upset.

The hyper-pro-vaxxers can be just as bad as the worst of the anti-vaxxers.

The tl;dr version is that at 3 or 4 months you're still nearly 50% less likely to experience a symptomatic reaction to Covid, and you're about 80% less likely to require hospitalization. So the booster makes a big difference even if its effectiveness starts to ease over time.
I was originally confused with the effectiveness of stopping transmission dropping off as opposed to the effectiveness of preventing serious illness. I think that is confusing a lot of people.

Why is Israel doing 4th shots though? Does the third die off after 6+ months?

I love JD - met him in real life , usually have him as my avatar, favourite player etc
But as soon as I heard the news I changed my avatar
Incredibly disappointing and I cannot support or agree with his anti-vaxx life choices
It would be a sad end to his career if he doesn’t change his mind

Jack's had a great career. He's always been undersized for CHF but his strength and agility used to offset that. But at 30 he's lost that agility, and these young blokes have him for strength as well.

But if this is the end and his contract becomes invalid then the list manager just dodged a bullet. Contracted until 2025, somewhere in the 600>800k a season.

I'd let jack go with a promise to redraft him if possible in the future when all this bullshit is over.

Anyway for now I'd like to see a forward line with Allen and Kennedy in Tandem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back