Jade Rawlings to North Melbourne just announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by bogan_blue
Not sure if this has been suggested elsewhere, but perhaps a 3 or 4-way trade with another 'third' party club might prove adventageous to all concerned.
Hawthorn would be derelict in their duty not to try and thrash out a deal that would give them almost equal, if not more value than what Rawlings is. The Croad trade nearly split the club a few years ago, and the Hawks will probably lose a few thousands members if they can't get a satisfactory deal, so I'm sure they will drive an hard bargain. .
Yet Hawthorn did brilliantly with that trade. Croad has been next to useless his whole career. As mentioned in the North forum, I see Rawlings worth about a Byron Pickett (around pick 15, or perhaps pick 24 and player ie Baird or Morrell). Pick 24, Baird and Morrell I think Hawthorn wins the trade. As I asked in the North forum, if Hawthorn believe Rawlings is truly worth so much why wouldn’t they give him a 5 year deal and pay him 500k a year? This shows us what Hawthorn thinks his worth is, and its quite obvious they don’t rate him in the superstar group.

Originally posted by R00StaR
Yet Hawthorn did brilliantly with that trade. Croad has been next to useless his whole career. As mentioned in the North forum, I see Rawlings worth about a Byron Pickett (around pick 15, or perhaps pick 24 and player ie Baird or Morrell). Pick 24, Baird and Morrell I think Hawthorn wins the trade. As I asked in the North forum, if Hawthorn believe Rawlings is truly worth so much why wouldn’t they give him a 5 year deal and pay him 500k a year? This shows us what Hawthorn thinks his worth is, and its quite obvious they don’t rate him in the superstar group.

We also had to give up McPharlan to get that pick from freo not just croad.

Rawlings is worth more then pickett and i believe this yrs draft is also not as strong/deep as last so we should be able to ask for a higher (top 10) pick and hopefully a ok'ish player, but i would take nth first rd pick for rawlings alone but if we can get another player its a bonus in my book.

Originally posted by feher
We also had to give up McPharlan to get that pick from freo not just croad.

Rawlings is worth more then pickett and i believe this yrs draft is also not as strong/deep as last so we should be able to ask for a higher (top 10) pick and hopefully a ok'ish player, but i would take nth first rd pick for rawlings alone but if we can get another player its a bonus in my book.
good to see a realistic hawk supporter. pick 9 + someone like john baird would be more then fair for rawlings.

WHAT IF..... we give you brady which will then allow you to have jade back (the brother factor). Only you will have to give us something very descent back as you are basically getting 2 players. Howz that for an idea!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back