Jade Rawlings to North Melbourne just announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by 1jasonoz
Jade is all qaulity? The bloke has had ONE standout season. I have read all year from you guys about how this is the best he has played

You obviously haven't seen much of the Hawks over the past couple of years. He has been a great player down back for the past couple of seasons , the switch forward this year has just lifted his profile and he's grabbed a bit more attention. I consider him one of the standout players for the past few years. Hawks would hope for better than pick 9 for him!

A versatile KPP........there aren't that many out there.....

Jade will be a huge bonus for the Kanga's

Over rated? MEH! Im guessing there is some jealousy in the air!!

Im wrapped we got Rawlings, rate him trhough the roof, awesome mark, best in the game. Cant wait to see what Laidley does with him...

Originally posted by Hawk71
You obviously haven't seen much of the Hawks over the past couple of years. He has been a great player down back for the past couple of seasons , the switch forward this year has just lifted his profile and he's grabbed a bit more attention. I consider him one of the standout players for the past few years. Hawks would hope for better than pick 9 for him!

A versatile KPP........there aren't that many out there.....

Jade will be a huge bonus for the Kanga's

This is the bit you convienantly cut out, but....................you have all said you hope is supposedly dodgy knees can handle it. Now hes left you, hes a player that is ALL qaulity. Good he is, but not worth pick 9+,+ and whatever else you are thinking of.

Its wasnt me or any other non Hawks supporters who have been talking about his knee problems and hoping they hold up, also that that is his best season ever. YOU Hawks supporters where the ones before this trade period saying all of this, now he is suddendly one of the best KPP in the comp and you want the earth, well guess what you will not get it.

The fact is ....... I'm not sure anyone really knows how Jade's knees really are except the man himself. The talk pre-season was he was in big trouble , but he has gone on to have a solid season. go figure.

I'm a big wrap for Jade and think you've picked yourselves up a very versatile player.....and that's my view of him over a few years not just this year. What I hope is that a fair and reasonable trade is made and since Melbourne were offering Pick 5 , I see his value a little higher than 9.

The fact is ....... I'm not sure anyone really knows how Jade's knees really are except the man himself. The talk pre-season was he was in big trouble , but he has gone on to have a solid season. go figure.

I'm a big wrap for Jade and think you've picked yourselves up a very versatile player.....and that's my view of him over a few years not just this year. What I hope is that a fair and reasonable trade is made and since Melbourne were offering Pick 5 , I see his value a little higher than 9.

Who cares what Melbourne where offering, he has picked the Roos. If you dont deal he goes into the pre season draft. We won't lose a player for nothing, you will. You will not get a top 5 pick for a 26 year old with dodgy knees simple.

No problems..........sometimes you have to play hardball to get the desired result. If the Roos are keen enough to secure him they will do a deal that will satisfy the Hawks , if not....no J.Rawlings in North colours next year!

No problems..........sometimes you have to play hardball to get the desired result. If the Roos are keen enough to secure him they will do a deal that will satisfy the Hawks , if not....no J.Rawlings in North colours next year!

Then NO picks or players to the Hawks simple really. He is uncontracted, you play to hard, the Roos walk away, we don't lose anything, you do, you lose Jade for nothing.

If it goes that far that's right! I'm sick of players and player managers dictating terms to clubs , stipulating where players will and will not go! Hawthorn have lost quality players over the past few years for minimal returns. My point is sometimes you have to make a stand (rightly or wrongly) to show people that you won't be steamrolled.

I suppose we will see in good time!

If it goes that far that's right! I'm sick of players and player managers dictating terms to clubs , stipulating where players will and will not go! Hawthorn have lost quality players over the past few years for minimal returns. My point is sometimes you have to make a stand (rightly or wrongly) to show people that you won't be steamrolled.

I suppose we will see in good time!

hawthorn will not let him walk, both them and north will have to bend a bit to come to agreement but making a stand or not, hawthorn aren't gonna let a player with trade value walk for nothing

What all you Roos supporters don't understand is there is another departing player who also nominated a club of choice to be traded to. His Club, the Western Bulldogs, have already had discussions with the Hawks about a direct swap with draft picks involved if neither club can get what they want from the Kangaroos or Richmond.

I 'm not sure clubs in past years have had that luxury.

For what it's worth, Baird needs some bulk to compete with Jonathon Brown or Alistair Lynch (and their team is the bench mark) and Morrell and Harding struggled for a game by the end of this season. I don't think North would consdier parting with Watt, but he is a better KPP than Baird. Watt and pick 24 for Rawlings.

Originally posted by Hawk in waiting
Watt and pick 24 for Rawlings.

You want Watt and pick 24 for Jade, deal Id heard 24+Baird+Morrel was the standard price.

I spoke to leroy's (leigh harding) brother BJ last night and he told me that some clubs have spoken to his manager including the hawks. So maybe he is on his way to the hawks in a package deal. Although im sure plenty of clubs contact players managers all the time so i maybe reading more into it than i should

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by marcuz
I spoke to leroy's (leigh harding) brother BJ last night and he told me that some clubs have spoken to his manager including the hawks. So maybe he is on his way to the hawks in a package deal. Although im sure plenty of clubs contact players managers all the time so i maybe reading more into it than i should
would rather trade harding + pick 24, then baird + pick 9. harding has apparently being selfish in his contract negotiations and i see him more as a 'me' player, rather then a team player. wouldnt mind that trade...

would rather trade harding + pick 24, then baird + pick 9. harding has apparently being selfish in his contract negotiations and i see him more as a 'me' player, rather then a team player. wouldnt mind that trade...

He was ****ed off at the amount of money he got in his current contract..he thought he was worth more thats why he held out and yes leroy is a bit selfish.

He is also the type of player hawthorn creams themselves over. Plenty of speed and Bodan Babucjec or whaterver his ****in name is can come out and say they have a olympic standard sprinter on their list:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hawk in waiting
What all you Roos supporters don't understand is there is another departing player who also nominated a club of choice to be traded to. His Club, the Western Bulldogs, have already had discussions with the Hawks about a direct swap with draft picks involved if neither club can get what they want from the Kangaroos or Richmond.

I 'm not sure clubs in past years have had that luxury.

And what will happen when Brown and/or Rawlings say no to a direct swap? I'll tell you,it'll be back to dealing with their preferred clubs. Mind you it mightn't be a bad tactic by the Doggies as if they can stuff the Hawks around for long enough and force Rawlings into the pre-season draft then they could pick him up! Leave the Hawks with nothing of course.
I've a feeling the "preferred club" deals will eventually go through despite much posturing,pouting and threats,mainly from BigFooty posters!

R:E

I think most people think Rawlings will be at North and Brown will be at Richmond, but people just wanna have somethin to talk about.

Originally posted by year of the roo

And thats different to Rawlings, how?

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS
And thats different to Rawlings, how?
simple, rawlings has more runs on the board and is also a valuable commodity as he is a quality KPP. harding struggles for consistency and has no where near the amount of runs on the board as rawlings. harding could also be more easily replaced.

Originally posted by Groucho
And what will happen when Brown and/or Rawlings say no to a direct swap? I'll tell you,it'll be back to dealing with their preferred clubs.

Unless of course that their original clubs really do get jacked off with them.

Mind you it mightn't be a bad tactic by the Doggies as if they can stuff the Hawks around for long enough and force Rawlings into the pre-season draft then they could pick him up! Leave the Hawks with nothing of course.

Personally, with what's gone before at Hawthorn, prefer to see that happen than yet another 'offer' forced upon us by a player walking out. Been down that road to (Robran, Hall, Gowers, D.Jarman, Allan, Chick, McPharlin, Holland *threat and increased contract to stay*) many times in recent past. Need to draw a line and show that it's the club that brokers the deal, not the player.

I've a feeling the "preferred club" deals will eventually go through despite much posturing,pouting and threats,mainly from BigFooty posters!

Yea, it probably will in the end. However IF it doesn't and he was forced into the draft through lack of a viable/acceptable trade, then so be it.

We don't exactly owe him in any favours in this. Neither do we owe North any favour. The Hawks must look to the best possible deal we can get and a feasible market (i.e what other clubs were offering) worth. If North cannot or refuse to match those conditions, then pre-season draft it is.

Make no mistake, the admin is filthy on Rawlings and wont be looking to help him out in any way, especially if were going to be hurt on any deal made anyway. May as well take a real loss now and hopefully give a clear message (Hay, Hodge, Mitchell, Ladson etc) that when others come out of contract down the track that we'd be prepared for a worst case scenario of losing them for nothing (and have the track record to prove it) if they also decided to look elsewhere for better *ahem* security a'la J.Rawlings.

Originally posted by Grendel
Unless of course that their original clubs really do get jacked off with them.

Personally, with what's gone before at Hawthorn, prefer to see that happen than yet another 'offer' forced upon us by a player walking out. Been down that road to (Robran, Hall, Gowers, D.Jarman, Allan, Chick, McPharlin, Holland *threat and increased contract to stay*) many times in recent past. Need to draw a line and show that it's the club that brokers the deal, not the player.

Yea, it probably will in the end. However IF it doesn't and he was forced into the draft through lack of a viable/acceptable trade, then so be it.

We don't exactly owe him in any favours in this. Neither do we owe North any favour. The Hawks must look to the best possible deal we can get and a feasible market (i.e what other clubs were offering) worth. If North cannot or refuse to match those conditions, then pre-season draft it is.

Make no mistake, the admin is filthy on Rawlings and wont be looking to help him out in any way, especially if were going to be hurt on any deal made anyway. May as well take a real loss now and hopefully give a clear message (Hay, Hodge, Mitchell, Ladson etc) that when others come out of contract down the track that we'd be prepared for a worst case scenario of losing them for nothing (and have the track record to prove it) if they also decided to look elsewhere for better *ahem* security a'la J.Rawlings.

Fair enough to all of that. I'm not too fussed about it,though Jade would be a handy addition,but if the Hawks take a stand on the matter well that's ok.

Originally posted by Groucho
Fair enough to all of that. I'm not too fussed about it,though Jade would be a handy addition,but if the Hawks take a stand on the matter well that's ok.
yeah im the same, i will tell you if im happy or not having rawlings at north after (if) the trade goes through.

Not sure if this has been suggested elsewhere, but perhaps a 3 or 4-way trade with another 'third' party club might prove adventageous to all concerned.
Hawthorn would be derelict in their duty not to try and thrash out a deal that would give them almost equal, if not more value than what Rawlings is. The Croad trade nearly split the club a few years ago, and the Hawks will probably lose a few thousands members if they can't get a satisfactory deal, so I'm sure they will drive an hard bargain. .

Originally posted by My North
Jade Rawlings is going to North Melbourne. It was just announced. $1.1 million for 3 years apparently. He will be playing with his brother

So where does this all lead for Digby Morrell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back