2nds Jaymie Graham appointed head coach of East Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive positive for the club. If the players have as much respect for him as our supporters do.. we're going places in terms of development and team building.

Are Nico and Adam Selwood going to be involved next season at EP?

Pretty sure Nico will be and it was reported that Selwood will at least be around for next year.

Been meaning to ask you what you think of Menegola as a draft pick for us ?
I wouldn't be against it just purely on a midfield depth point of view and this year being a small draft pool. Same as keeping Lucas on the rookie list. A few injuries in the midfield could expose us with Selwood & Rosa gone and question marks on the availability Waterman & Cavka. Would be good to have a couple of experienced bodies available to throw into the midfield.

Is this guy holding back the development of our young players? Look at the steps taken by the Freo kids this year compared to ours. I don't rate Graham as a coach based on the performance, tactics and interviews I have seen this year and am concerned this 'boys club' appointment (as nice a bloke as he is) may hold back our young players.

Is this guy holding back the development of our young players? Look at the steps taken by the Freo kids this year compared to ours. I don't rate Graham as a coach based on the performance, tactics and interviews I have seen this year and am concerned this 'boys club' appointment (as nice a bloke as he is) may hold back our young players.
Wasn't Ash Hansen a development Coach with the dogs a few years ago? Today he also lead them to their second vfl premiership in many years.
someone we should definitely look at bring back.

Wasn't Ash Hansen a development Coach with the dogs a few years ago? Today he also lead them to their second vfl premiership in many years.
someone we should definitely look at bring back.
Hansen is a Victorian. He isn't coming back to coach a WAFL club

Hansen is a Victorian. He isn't coming back to coach a WAFL club
yes but money talks and he also has a strong connection with the club. Surely being a premiership player for us, he would like to also play a hand in developing our next crop of talent.

The Freo kids developed in the league side - nothing to do with can shepherd. He had a lot of experienced AFL players to work with this season and tbh his coaching wasn't anything revolutionary. I'd argue that he was out coached by Schofield today and that peel won through sheer weight of talent. Should've actually won by more

That said, I don't think Graham has what it takes to be coach of East Perth and we should be looking for someone with a bit more experience as graham is too raw/out of his depth

Rumours that Cox has been selected for the vacant midfield coach position and Graham will move into the stoppage/ruck coach role

what dos we know about their coaching ability?
Based on their results/performances this year, take your pick of 'underwhelming' and 'mediocre'.

Graham doesn't see the need to change tactics going into a howling wind, for instance. Hence I question his tactical nous.

Based on their results/performances this year, take your pick of 'underwhelming' and 'mediocre'.

Graham doesn't see the need to change tactics going into a howling wind, for instance. Hence I question his tactical nous.
If this is true then the Club is desperate giving jobs to the boys and not doing due process to look around to see who else is in the market. Not good enough if true. Sounds like we may need a new football manager at this rate!! Need somebody who knows how to run the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours that Cox has been selected for the vacant midfield coach position and Graham will move into the stoppage/ruck coach role
I'll save my outrage for when this is something more than a rumour.

I think it's wrong and that it will be a new coach that comes in

It is wrong - just trollin
Brb deleting that 1000 word rant I'd just typed

May or may not have been 500 repetitions of "get ****ed"

Plus it was meant to be commentary on the club's apparent nepotism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back