Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

so they will get early picks they haven’t been getting? And hence young talent?
Various ways we can see young talent.
1. Stop playing injury prone average 26 / 27 years olds like Scully/Patton/Minchington, etc, and delist all the list cloggers so that the young players in our list get more games
2. Stop recruiting injury prone average 26 / 27 years olds like Scully/Patton/Minchington, etc and add more young players to our list
3. Stop trading out draft picks for mid range players in their mid 20s - perhaps we already have.

Various ways we can see young talent.
1. Stop playing injury prone average 26 / 27 years olds like Scully/Patton/Minchington, etc, and delist all the list cloggers so that the young players in our list get more games
2. Stop recruiting injury prone average 26 / 27 years olds like Scully/Patton/Minchington, etc and add more young players to our list
3. Stop trading out draft picks for mid range players in their mid 20s - perhaps we already have.

suggest some players we would now have without Patton Scully and minchington? I guarantee you would see those players play once and call them list cloggers ‘oh but at least they are young’ Play Lewis play Lewis play Lewis drop Lewis drop Lewis drop lewis

suggest some players we would now have without Patton Scully and minchington? I guarantee you would see those players play once and call them list cloggers ‘oh but at least they are young’ Play Lewis play Lewis play Lewis drop Lewis drop Lewis drop lewis
Are you suggesting that we are on a good course at the moment, steady as she goes?

Does anyone remember when Jeff returned in 2017 and said that his number one priority/responsibility (during his single term) would be to identify and mentor a replacement President?

It frustrates me that he has positioned the choice of next HFC President as being between either Him or a steaming bag of nothing. Of course we would choose him.

Kennet's public statements are given credence, and this mystifies me, because he normally contradicts them.

Does anyone remember Jeff's 2050 pledge?

Or at the end of the 2019 season when he warned Hawk supporters to be prepared for radical list changes?

Or when he wanted to become the Melbourne President?

Or when we got the worst fixture year after year?

Or when we still didn't secure any gov funding for Dingley?

Or that we can't be sure which of the ex-players will refuse to re-visit the club while he is still there?

Etc, etc....

I wish we had a Hawthorn type President.

That’s just being silly. The word “guarantee” gives you away. The whole point of recruiting youngsters instead of those three hasbeens is that you don’t know what level they might get to. You might develop one or two of them into something special and take the fans along for the ride too. You might not. But We know what we are going to get with those 3 hacks, nothing. That is the only thing that is guaranteed.

Billyc said:
this is the correct call during what is going to be a challenging couple of years. Stability is important.
Nah, poor call. Has now broken his own rule twice and, based on a long history of making unhelpful comments in the media, is now more of a destabilising presence than stabilising. The decision is not about the footy club at all; it's about him refusing to let go.

Nah, poor call. Has now broken his own rule twice and, based on a long history of making unhelpful comments in the media, is now more of a destabilising presence than stabilising. The decision is not about the footy club at all; it's about him refusing to let go.
I share your personal distaste for him. Reality is we have fared very well as a business under him as president and now is one time not to take a dive into the unknown. Whatever his personal motivations might be, I think it is the safe and sensible call for the health of the footy club over the next couple of years which will be very challenging. I’d love him to STFU of course.

Think it’s clearly tome to move on and let the club refocus under new stewardship. We need a new discipline particularly with a potential coaching transition coming that historically always end in tears. Do what your telling Dan, move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we need in these crazy and uncertain times is stability....which is what an incumbent leader provides.

I'm sure Jeff would still plan to step down once the ship has been steadied.

Our problem seems to be with finding a good one and keeping him. (They move onto bigger better things)
Or finding a good one.
The last one was certainly rushed grabbing in reality a non-hawthorn supporter from memory and no one else would put their hand up.

Does anyone remember when Jeff returned in 2017 and said that his number one priority/responsibility (during his single term) would be to identify and mentor a replacement President?

It frustrates me that he has positioned the choice of next HFC President as being between either Him or a steaming bag of nothing. Of course we would choose him.

Kennet's public statements are given credence, and this mystifies me, because he normally contradicts them.

Does anyone remember Jeff's 2050 pledge?

Or at the end of the 2019 season when he warned Hawk supporters to be prepared for radical list changes?

Or when he wanted to become the Melbourne President?

Or when we got the worst fixture year after year?

Or when we still didn't secure any gov funding for Dingley?

Or that we can't be sure which of the ex-players will refuse to re-visit the club while he is still there?

Etc, etc....

I wish we had a Hawthorn type President.
How about Don Scott?

Would love to see Jason Dunstall as the next President after Jeff
Dunstall is a stabiliser, not a destabiliser. Couldn’t see him wanting the role. He’d only do it if approached by Kennett and the board and was specifically asked I reckon

Tbh would rather have Jeff at the club than running for office again.

That being said I do like the idea of Dunstall taking over

Jeff's channelling his inner Trump with his latest twits
I think that we sometimes forget that we are all just people trying to navigate this and life in general. Jeff may be struggling with the lockdown and is lashing out, but because he has a big audience will get a big response. I've a few people I know who are in full on conspiracy mode on facebook, I just let it go cause I know they are doing it tough at the moment.

I've definitely said some stupid things over the last 6 months.

No one noticed though. Not enough to alert the media anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back