Recommitted Jeremy Finlayson [Signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not the answer, he's the 3rd or 4th banana

He'd be just about no1 TALL fwd at Pies based on current list.

In saying that, they probably will talk to him. We have enough dickheads though
This is my biggest concern.
He would attract the oppositions best defender at Collingwood, and while he is a talented, young player I question how well he would deal with this. At GWS he will get the 3rd best defender most of the time when Cameron & Himmelberg are in the team, and thus he often finds himself with favourable match-ups. This is probably his most optimal position though

He's not a dickhead at all. He does struggle with depression - and yes that does cause him to drop his head on the field at times. And yes that would be a concern for any club looking to pick him up. Personally, I think he would be much better served to stay at GWS as that third tall, even if it means he's on less money - but also much less stress than if he became the top banana (or even second banana); and especially if he went to a club with a high pressure fan and media environment. People need to understand and manage their limitations rather than just look at maximum $. I guess we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a dickhead at all. He does struggle with depression - and yes that does cause him to drop his head on the field at times. And yes that would be a concern for any club looking to pick him up. Personally, I think he would be much better served to stay at GWS as that third tall, even if it means he's on less money - but also much less stress than if he became the top banana (or even second banana); and especially if he went to a club with a high pressure fan and media environment. People need to understand and manage their limitations rather than just look at maximum $. I guess we'll see what happens.
One would think most other clubs with big media expossure would result in pressure to perform and would he really get that much more at another club?
If he is happy he stays imo

Essendon and pies should have a crack potentially north
Agree with the teams that he would suit as more a third tall forward. But think someone mentioned above he would suit a lower profile team so those first 2 you can pretty much cross off

I’m interested to see the giants priorities, obviously Cameron first but then who

This bloke is a an absolute crab. Puffs his chest out when he comes in late to a push and shove. But does f**k all during the game and doesn’t get near it. Is the quintessential GWS Giant. They should give him a 10 year contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back