Game Day JLT Game 2 v Ra Ra Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgins is no good, whom won our Syd Barker? :)

He's good but he's still not really a genuine mid. He's better than what we have but it's a pity we won't see him play out his career playing HHF and floating through the middle - he'd be most effective in that role.

Interestingly I heard the Wallet state on SEN that we won the clearances and the contested ball stats and had only 4 less tackles than the "so far up themselves tigers (supporters that is) that even they must be realising they are about to explode".

I'm actually heartened by that information because it shows our intensity is around the mark and it is as many have pointed out here, our disposal is the major problem. In my opinion, if we continue to play with spirit and endeavour, in time the skill level will lift. And the skill level problem is not the same so called problem that we had in previous years. We now have a much younger, learning list, with our better ball users, Boomer, Wellsy and Nicky Dal no longer there to bolster that area. Time will tell but with an emphasis on skill training couple with a greater propensity to get numbers around the opposition when they have the ball, we may see some steady improvement by the end of the year.
Intensity around the contest was never the issue.

At times the tigers walked through our defensive zones, you can't stat that.

So while we competed on the inside there's a whole 'nother game on the outside that we fell down completely in and it cost us a lot of goals.

Re: the comments from people about Brown rucking, I'm sure we won't see that season proper (fingers crossed) with big Durds there to provide the chop out.

He's good but he's still not really a genuine mid. He's better than what we have but it's a pity we won't see him play out his career playing HHF and floating through the middle - he'd be most effective in that role.

We're skinny in the guts mate. A 19 year old kid isn't going to fix it overnight and we're killing our offensive firepower with the blokes we have to put in there.

This is why I would have been happy to pick up one or two short term grunts (a la Miles) to chop out Cunners.

I'd have Tyson, Libba & Brayshaw on our list again this year.

We're skinny in the guts mate. A 19 year old kid isn't going to fix it overnight and we're killing our offensive firepower with the blokes we have to put in there.

This is why I would have been happy to pick up one or two short term grunts (a la Miles) to chop out Cunners.

No argument from me.

Grunt isn't our issue.

Ball retention after the second and third possession is.

I'd love to know how many chains of 5+ possessions we have without the opposition touching the ball on a game to game basis.

i think higgo is a little older than 19?

Sorry for the intrusion, but is there a particular reason why Luke McDonald didn’t play last night? Was he just being rested? SuperCoach related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. I think he's become a genuine mid IMO. I still think Cunnington is our best mid but Higgins is not far behind.

What we need is two more quality mids to compliment both. I wouldn't have a problem if Higgins ended up moving there later when we do, but him and Cunnington are quality mids.

I think people are failing to point out the fact that we performed a lot better than essendon.

I don't really take much out the preseason at all, so that was by far the biggest positive of the night.
I was thinking about that last night when I was cooking.

And thats where I sit on the second comment. No way I am investing much time getting upset over last nights game. I can understand people doing so, but realistically all these results from good teams have been seen before many times in preseason games. Maybe we're not a good side, maybe we are. We don't know. We'll find out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick look at our JLT series....

Beaten by the Dees 53 points.

• Will Minson was happy with Goldsteins game, I did ponder out loud which of his two kicks won him over. I did ask the question :D
  • Maj played down back with disastrous reviews on BF anyways
  • Mitch Hibberd played and I wouldn't have minded being a McFly on the wall.....
upload_2018-3-8_18-52-41.jpeg

images

• Jacobs showed me what I had forgotten I'd missed.
  • Billy Heartlung reminded me ....... there's always next week to come crashing back to mother earth.
  • marley Williams- impressed all comers and reminded us all he's better than any footballer we acquired from the Hawks. Buckley could well be stupider than Scott & Laidley combined. Recruiters remember this.
  • Thought the posters in the game day thread lacked conditioning, in saying that there were stages we we lifted namely around dodgy umpiring decision which are really Joe the goose fonder on BF

Rd 2

Beaten by the Tigers 70 points

• Williams , Higgins, Jacobs all continued their good form- Recruiters take note none of them came via ******* Hawthorn
  • The commentators mentioned North did have a few out.... among them Daw and Anderson- I lol'd and imagined the tea and scones being spat around a few posters lounge rooms.
  • Wood seems to be gathering his own clutch of haters, not at Daw levels but rising.
  • Preuss has continued to win hearts and most if being honest just want him playing weekly because there is a chance he'll kill some opposition campaigner. Yes please submit your list of opposition campaigners you want killed and I can forward them to the club.
  • Billy Heartlung- don't like the night time, never has- recruiters, where'd we get him from?
  • I thought the posting was better, the old third poster up was back and that's a sign we're hitting our groove. Poster 'a' He's s**t, poster 'b' comes over the top protecting said player and potting poster 'a' for being s**t, then inevitably someone mentions Daw and away we go.
So a solid JLT which saw us lose by a total of 123 points over the two games. Jarrod " i am now qualified for super rules" Waite was clearly our best forward.

Season 2018 may not offer us much on field but s**t it's going to be a hoot on BF :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I believe we are mentally weak

Hence the slow, non-existent or stagnant developement

We’ve seen the pressure, skills, high scoring kangas before but we have never ever been consistent under brad Scott or with this best 22

We have always been soft as butter. Brad was a brutal and a changed man after his back injury and look at the immense change within the club (we looked like a completely dif team)

I know for a fact this will be a even leaner year for wins in 2018 and I am keeping it realistic but I am still under the strong opinion that we were begging for a change. Something different negative or positive. Just a complete change of coaching staff or even a unfamiliar voice

Unfortunately I don’t think brad has necessarily improved as a coach and that kind of s**t always relates down to the cattle you got

It is all between the ears

/rant over

I believe we are mentally weak

Hence the slow, non-existent or stagnant developement

We’ve seen the pressure, skills, high scoring kangas before but we have never ever been consistent under brad Scott or with this best 22

We have always been soft as butter. Brad was a brutal and a changed man after his back injury and look at the immense change within the club (we looked like a completely dif team)

I know for a fact this will be a even leaner year for wins in 2018 and I am keeping it realistic but I am still under the strong opinion that we were begging for a change. Something different negative or positive. Just a complete change of coaching staff or even a unfamiliar voice

Unfortunately I don’t think brad has necessarily improved as a coach and that kind of s**t always relates down to the cattle you got

It is all between the ears

/rant over

s**t rant :p

And with the kerfuffle of kicking our old players out ... Everyone forgot that Petrie was a bloody good player for most of his career and ditto the other 4

We are a mile off replacing Any of them

Hartung has still yet to register a tackle in a Nth jumper. 0 from two games.

So what?

He was good in the first game.

Nearly got Dusty at one point. Went when it was his turn a couple of times. Could have been worse.

Stopped Martin running in to goal and was giving away 15kgs in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back