News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if he gets the maximum penalty (which is generally applied to systematic drug cheats, of which he is not), Willie is a generational player. He’ll still be capable of playing incredibly at 28 years of age.

Willie was becoming just as damaging as Cyril, maybe even more so as he developed his game. Cyril is 31 years old now and most AFL teams would love to have him in their squads.

If at all possible, we should keep Willie on our list.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The fact available from the media so far are:
1. He tempered the sample because of not knowing the rule too well (or being playful at the time)
2. He has not been found taking performing enchancing drug.
Judging from the historical penalties:
his penalty should not be more than 2 years.
If we can prove the ASADA inspectors had some wrong doing (like not explaining the procedures well enough to Rioli), then penalty should be less than 2 years.

The fact available from the media so far are:
1. He tempered the sample because of not knowing the rule too well (or being playful at the time)
2. He has not been found taking performing enchancing drug.
Judging from the historical penalties:
his penalty should not be more than 2 years.
If we can prove the ASADA inspectors had some wrong doing (like not explaining the procedures well enough to Rioli), then penalty should be less than 2 years.

I see one entry for attempted tampering and tampering.

Holly got 4 years.

The principle of anti-tampering charges is that it shouldn't matter if you test positive or not, you get a max whack for fiddling the system.

A positive for pot a few weeks later cannot and does not prove Willie was not on PEDs when he tampered.

The only way he doesn't get the max whack is if there are extenuating circumstances around the sample collection.

The principle of anti-tampering charges is that it shouldn't matter if you test positive or not, you get a max whack for fiddling the system.

A positive for pot a few weeks later cannot and does not prove Willie was not on PEDs when he tampered.

The only way he doesn't get the max whack is if there are extenuating circumstances around the sample collection.
From memory, it is not "a few weeks later"?! I might be wrong though.
If the sample was tempered in front of the inspectors and the inspectors did not ask for a second sample, then there is a potential of inspector wrong doing.
Not until all facts are presented in the later investigation/enquiry, we are only guessing.
Note that all punishments take heavily into the "intention". Tempering the sample with what intention should be the key to the investigation.

If the sample was tempered in front of the inspectors and the inspectors did not ask for a second sample, then there is a potential of inspector wrong doing.
Not until all facts are presented in the later investigation/enquiry, we are only guessing.
Note that all punishments take heavily into the "intention". Tempering the sample with what intention should be the key to the investigation.

The circumstances around the collection will be the key to the result for sure.

Ffs, it's tampered not tempered

obviously they'll schedule the hearing the day before our GF appearance this year

Nizzy has already said the hearing will be at some time after the Grand Final.

Dare I say that once the timeframe blew out past August/September the club may have asked for the hearing to take place once the season is over to avoid fallout and potential impact it would have on our players.

There will be a couple of weeks between the hearing and the AFL Anti Doping Tribunal handing down their findings.

Clubs need to have finalised lists for 2021 to AFL by November 21 I believe.

Should probably expect an outcome in mid November.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best way would be to gather all 8 non-Vic clubs and be a united front prior to fronting the AFL and AFL media.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the poorer vic clubs joined in.
the poorer vic clubs are disadvantaged in similar ways but they also are a large reason as to why we get inequity.

if there wasnt so many vic clubs the travel burden would be more equal and victoria wouldnt have the same weight.

in a normal country wide comp each city wouldnt have so many teams.

so where we need to go - despite being in the same general direction of the smaller vic clubs, involves them going back to where they should never have left - the second tier league.

Tempering the sample

IncompleteDisastrousBedlingtonterrier-size_restricted.gif

In my opinion no way he gets 4 years. They AFL couldn't let that happen.

I fully understand the ASADA treat a tempering (ayyy :) ) test with the most severe punishment, I do not see the law as being so black and white and in this case would back the system to hand down a punishment that is fair and for it to be done in a way that doesn't set a precedent for actual cheats.

In my opinion no way he gets 4 years. They AFL couldn't let that happen.

I fully understand the ASADA treat a tempering (ayyy :) ) test with the most severe punishment, I do not see the law as being so black and white and in this case would back the system to hand down a punishment that is fair and for it to be done in a way that doesn't set a precedent for actual cheats.

Its not upto the Afl. You only have to look at the Essendon saga to know how irrelevant to the ruling they are if Wada aren’t happy.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back