News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Few things
1) knees slowed him
2) lacked real quality disposal
3) lost interest towards end
4) between levels - Fewster

Well regarding (1) and (2), as they pertain to my points: after his first season or two he wasn't just markedly slower, the mechanics of his running style were completely different; he seemed to have no dynamism or strength over the ball left. Same for his kicking, it went from being a bit of a scattergun to a weird little slow-through-the-air pop-up kick.

Am I to conclude that his knees didn't just slow him a bit but gave him considerable trouble, and this (maybe combined with attempts to fix his biomechanics) is what altered his athletic profile so much?

Apologies if my questioning seems belligerent, but this query has bugged me for years.

Well regarding (1) and (2), as they pertain to my points: after his first season or two he wasn't just markedly slower, the mechanics of his running style were completely different; he seemed to have no dynamism or strength over the ball left. Same for his kicking, it went from being a bit of a scattergun to a weird little slow-through-the-air pop-up kick.

Am I to conclude that his knees didn't just slow him a bit but gave him considerable trouble, and this (maybe combined with attempts to fix his biomechanics) is what altered his athletic profile so much?

Apologies if my questioning seems belligerent, but this query has bugged me for years.

Yep. And sometimes in any field of life - if things come easy early often that person lacks the ability to tough out situations/disappointments/setbacks

Not so much a guess as it is a conclusion based on precedent. Show me a single previous instance where a Court/Tribunal/Commissions/whatever has given an offender a reduced sentence because they took a while to hand down a decision.

It’s really an 18 month suspension (expires March) and then afl can make a big deal of him coming back for rd1.

I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Allen

@ScubaStv

·
38s

Nisbett says a Willie Rioli decision is “imminent”. Hopes the wait will end within the next fortnight.

Steve Allen

@ScubaStv

·
38s

Nisbett says a Willie Rioli decision is “imminent”. Hopes the wait will end within the next fortnight.

Fock - my English dictionary does not put imminent and fortnight on the same planet let alone the same sentence.

Willie Rioli - a miscarriage of justice. Suspended longer than he played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back