News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure internally the whole club would be glad and happy to have Rioli back.
They have to put the stern look on for the media and stuff but would be surprised if the club and Willies return is uncomfortable or awkward.

Time to get fit and bring a bit of an edge and excitement to training.

There may well have been a number of players express opinions that they didn't want him back - when his latest indiscretion came to light.

That was 4-6 weeks ago. If the club hasn't addressed this with the players already then that would be ridiculous. They had every right to have that opinion (as others did with the alternate opinion), and hopefully got an explanation as to why the decision was made with the result as it is.

Sure, Willie may need to speak to the playing group and apologise at some stage - but I'm expecting that the behind the scenes stuff was sorted by the club weeks ago.

I'm getting 2007 vibes this year. Rioli to play a blinder in rd 23 then ping a hammie in a final against Port.
Booo
Would you insert Willie straight away? Or warm him up first?
Being his return game at the gabba in Augaust im guessing it will be wet so Willie goes straight in. If its dry then he would definitly need a warm up before hand.

Funny when you talk to people about whether or not he should play this year.

Eagles supporter - If he's fit and ready damn right get him in.

17 other team supporters - Nope he should not play this year. He should be made to train but not play. It is just wrong if the Eagles let him play this year. NO, NO, NO!!!!!

Heard that quite a few players were very disappointed about the airport thing. A few didn't want him back at all
I’m genuinely curious about this, namely it’s origins and legitimacy

Seen this pop up a few times here from various posters but can’t recall seeing it anywhere else

Given that the club is usually pretty good at keeping this sort of stuff in house, I’m wondering whether the some players wanted him out talk was generated online and grown legs or if it’s legit

I’m genuinely curious about this, namely it’s origins and legitimacy

Seen this pop up a few times here from various posters but can’t recall seeing it anywhere else

Given that the club is usually pretty good at keeping this sort of stuff in house, I’m wondering whether the some players wanted him out talk was generated online and grown legs or if it’s legit
I also wonder, are the players that are upset with this the ones will effectively be in direct competition for a spot?

It could really have a massive impact on the career futures of guys we have competing for that role. So if they didn’t really have much of a relationship prior to him going I can understand perhaps why.

Rioli’s got a few relationships to mend, and in many respects I hope we work him hard the next 2 months, because it will help others to see how serious he really is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why Darling would be upset? After all I'm sure he slide down the draft due to his own indiscretions at a camp IIRC.

Exactly, its supposedly who you would least expect see ;)
Now we trading Darling and Gaff or not? Personally, I don't want anyone in the squad who can't handle a little Willie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back