News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy Sweeney: West Coast likely to be doing something internally with Willie today

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There isn't a single person on our list with that level of natural talent. He's a true small forward, a proper crumber who compliments Ryan's strengths as well.

I hope he is already quite fit, so the next few months are just the cream on top of a good base of fitness.

I feel like Jones might be the one to make way if it ever comes to that, as they're similar type players, but Rioli finds it a bit easier and is more creative. However, I wouldn't be against seeing Langdon make way.

Eventually the 7 forwards could be: JK, Darling, Allen, Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, Jones/Petch.
Depth of: Waterman, Langdon, Jones/Petch, Williams, Brander (one day perhaps).

Maybe not this year, but it isn't far off. There will always be injuries to deal with as well as a possible JK retirement. Allow Cripps to become almost purely defensive, and a link through the midfield on the sling shot that kicks inside 50 to the others. Any goals are a bonus.

Fitness is the query.

He looked a bit tubby in a photo from the weekend but he was wearing a few layers and a thick track top.

Just a little bit cooler than sunny Tiwi Islands. :eek: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :thumbsu:

Fitness is the query.

He looked a bit tubby in a photo from the weekend but he was wearing a few layers and a thick track top.

Just a little bit cooler than sunny Tiwi Islands. :eek: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :thumbsu:
Agreed. Hopefully we learnt a lot about his body when he first came over and had some soft tissue injuries. Needs to build slowly.

Pretty sure internally the whole club would be glad and happy to have Rioli back.
They have to put the stern look on for the media and stuff but would be surprised if the club and Willies return is uncomfortable or awkward.

Time to get fit and bring a bit of an edge and excitement to training.

Pretty sure internally the whole club would be glad and happy to have Rioli back.
They have to put the stern look on for the media and stuff but would be surprised if the club and Willies return is uncomfortable or awkward.

Time to get fit and bring a bit of an edge and excitement to training.

Yep agreed, he's a very silly boy but it's not as if he'd got to re-ingratiate himself into some kind of fundamentalist group. It's a footy club full of cashed up 20 somethings, i've seen plenty of West Coast and Fremantle players with swinging jaws over the years - apologise for his actions at the start and then business as usual for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back