Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

True. They still lock conversations rather than give you any right of reply.

But mods are like politicians. 5% do it wanting to give back and 95% are in it for the power trip

if you’d seen my drunken rantings after being banned you might change your view. It’s to drugs Are Bad Mackay?and Deaneus! great credit that they afford me a reply. I’d say no feedback is the norm and anything more is a bonus. I presume there’s an appeal process?

And give that one Port poster a chance to complain again that we're a horrible club tl deal with? No thanks.

How the hell would a Port fan know? What's his issue? Is he upset that he reckons we didn't pay fair value for Billy Frampton? Or is there still lingering bitterness from the Brad Symes trade? Jesus H.

if you’d seen my drunken rantings after being banned you might change your view. It’s to drugs Are Bad Mackay?and Deaneus! great credit that they afford me a reply. I’d say no feedback is the norm and anything more is a bonus. I presume there’s an appeal process?
Not my experience on the draft and trading board, I've been thread banned twice recently supposedly for trolling with absolutely no process that I'm aware of to reply or to seek an explanation from the nameless/faceless moderator that handed the thread ban down. If what I was thread banned for was applied to several of the Swans fan I'd like an explanation of why their posts were deemed OK and mine not.

True. They still lock conversations rather than give you any right of reply.

But mods are like politicians. 5% do it wanting to give back and 95% are in it for the power trip

Power trip, definitely

Lol at Pridham thinking that sh*t clubs having an advantage in getting good players is something the AFL would want less of.

Are we the only league in the world where you get compensated for out of contract players?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm a bit surprised by how much wringing Sydney are doing.

I don't think it has anything to do with Dawson, he isn't that good.

So who in their club comes out of contract next year that they are worried about?

And give that one Port poster a chance to complain again that we're a horrible club to deal with? No thanks.
I saw that, was writing a reply with all our player trades 2018-present and there was none you could say was difficult at all. (Maybe the Gibbs trade, but that was because of Carlton, not us)
But I CBF having a b**** fight on the sydney board with an ignorant Port troll so I just let it slide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit surprised by how much wringing Sydney are doing.

I don't think it has anything to do with Dawson, he isn't that good.

So who in their club comes out of contract next year that they are worried about?
WA lad with SA links through his mother's family Logan McDonald is yet to extend his rookie contract....

WA lad with SA links through his mother's family Logan McDonald is yet to extend his rookie contract....
Yeah because West Coast have already told him it's Kennedy's last year and there is spot with them at the end of next season, West Coast regularly have a down year when they know talent is available.

I'll be shocked if he stays with Sydney

It puts paid to the notion it is irrelevant who a player followed growing up. The trick is to work out just how much of a pull it could be. Hence the caution that we should have with Callaghan and Ward with their very strong club connections already

Listening to a Draper interview today and he said he amd his family were big crows supporters. Maybe one to watch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't understand the want by the Swans to destroy the PSD. You can't hold a non contracted player against their will. There has to be a means for the player to walk out on the club and join another. I hope the swans were taken out of context with that statement.
They won't take the PSD away. The restraint of trade laws basically make uncontracted players free agents, so the old club's permission to transfer is almost certainly illegal but the AFL don't ever want that tested in court so the PSD is a fob off to players and designed exactly for this purpose. If they remove it, there's a good chance someone with a good lawyer will throw the whole trade system into turmoil.

There's no other walk of life where you have an obligation to stay with your employer once you contract expires.

But Justin Reid was adamant that the pre-season draft was never mentioned to Sydney in negotiations. Pridham is stating something which never happened.

Well played Reidy I reckon.

oh c’mon, of course we didn’t need to mention it. It was looming with a giant shadow cast, there was no need to say anything

Roo even said publicly that it was an option.

Fact is Sydney got a good trade, a more than fair value.

I don't understand the want by the Swans to destroy the PSD. You can't hold a non contracted player against their will. There has to be a means for the player to walk out on the club and join another. I hope the swans were taken out of context with that statement.
There is already a mechanism for players wanting to walk out and join another - the National Draft.

Back when it was conceived, the PSD was the only means for players to find a new home, after delisting themselves. This was because nominations for the ND closed before the list lodgement where players were able to delist themselves. Then the AFL changed the dates... As a result, there is now nothing to stop players from delisting themselves and nominating for the ND.

There's even a precedent - Luke Ball did just this, and found his way to Collingwood just as he intended.

Lol at Pridham thinking that sh*t clubs having an advantage in getting good players is something the AFL would want less of.

Are we the only league in the world where you get compensated for out of contract players?

Not quite, but close. In MLB free agents rated at a certain level carry compensatory end of first round draft picks. But those picks aren’t all that valuable

They won't take the PSD away. The restraint of trade laws basically make uncontracted players free agents, so the old club's permission to transfer is almost certainly illegal but the AFL don't ever want that tested in court so the PSD is a fob off to players and designed exactly for this purpose. If they remove it, there's a good chance someone with a good lawyer will throw the whole trade system into turmoil.

There's no other walk of life where you have an obligation to stay with your employer once you contract expires.
... except that players already have the option of delisting themselves and nominating for the ND.

... except that players already have the option of delisting themselves and nominating for the ND.
Yes I’d forgotten about the ND. It’s a bit like putting yourself on Linked In and hoping the right law firm or whatever takes you on. You get to nominate your salary too.

I doubt we’ll ever see it again though. Why would you?

Yes I’d forgotten about the ND. It’s a bit like putting yourself on Linked In and hoping the right law firm or whatever takes you on. You get to nominate your salary too.

I doubt we’ll ever see it again though. Why would you?
I have the Sydney Pridham rule adapted from the NFL - The Franchise Tag and the victim gets the top salary of his position adapt to highest paid in club for 1 year and Free Agent next year. How many clubs could use the Franchise Tag. Dawson gets Buddy's pay 1 Million dollars and keep that in the salary cap.

I watched the Dawson presser and was impressed.

I liked that he was nervous, even seemed to be overawed by the attention. You can't buy humility. Not a talented big-head; just talented.

Highlights reels show a smooth mover. I love the way he lowers his eyes before delivering. There's something about a capable leftie.
Quality individual, too. Hopefully Crows'll draft someone who'll add even more.
Really looking forward to watching Dawson in Crows colours. I think we've seen enough in 2021 + the Dawson get to give us something to look forward to in '22.

Not quite, but close. In MLB free agents rated at a certain level carry compensatory end of first round draft picks. But those picks aren’t all that valuable
Free agency picks are also in the NFL, but they're trash picks.

I really meant for players that aren't 'free agents', but pretty sure everywhere else free agent and out of contract are synonyms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back