Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this season he’s a 500k a year player.

Pay him that and do a bunch of incentives to get him to the 800k he wants.

Top 5 Copeland
Kick 35+ goals
Play 20 games
Don’t sit out a game just because you have a sore nose

Already ruled out for next week, what a big softy. It was only a tiny scratch for crying out loud. :$

Had to grab his phone to text Bae " I broke my nose 😭😭" if your on half a million dollars how about you show a little more grit for the team. Sounded like in the press conference they were covering him in usual lying Collingwood fashion. If not the case just more inept put a concussed player back on the field to further assess him ??? Lol clubs a shambles

Had to grab his phone to text Bae " I broke my nose 😭😭" if your on half a million dollars how about you show a little more grit for the team. Sounded like in the press conference they were covering him in usual lying Collingwood fashion. If not the case just more inept put a concussed player back on the field to further assess him ??? Lol clubs a shambles

Yeah, look i apologise to Jordy if they pulled him, but he came back on after the hit, after he was assessed, sooo...do we just have an incompetent medical team? Should Jordy really be on his phone if he is suffering from concussion?

Yeah, look i apologise to Jordy if they pulled him, but he came back on after the hit, after he was assessed, sooo...do we just have an incompetent medical team? Should Jordy really be on his phone if he is suffering from concussion?
Why shouldn’t he have his phone? Maybe he wanted to call someone.

Lol obviously you have never played a contact sport or done an injury. If I was on half a million dollars I wouldn't be going to my locker to grab my phone to do anything with it unless I was going to hospital. You ever seen a local footy player get injured and head into the rooms for his phone mid game?
Yes I have

Lol broken nose and not playing even after our medical sub. Just soft.

I've been a JDG supporter to date thinking him, Moore and Maynard would be the core we build around. But he's clearly the most inconsistent weak link and way overpaid. Should've traded him instead of Stephenson last year
He did get out there and play on, but the medical team made the call to take him off.

I’d love to jump in and s**t on JDG as well but didn’t the medicos pull him? If not concussed, they could’ve had concerns for him structurally. Once one bone breaks, it becomes more risky for others in close proximity to break/cause issues with recovery.

It was an incredibly odd call but those potting JDG have no clue he had already gone back on and was in the huddle about to resume when he was pulled by the docs. Who knows what their reasoning was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to school with this bloke. He took me under his wing as a kid. Not a bad person but he’s always been a loose canon. Hope he can finally put everything together.

Most likely we just hedged our bets because of the new rules surrounding concussion and he either displayed some small signs of concussion and we didn't want him automatically ruled out for Anzac day or we didn't want to take the risk to put him back on with a broken nose only for signs of concussion becoming evident later due to the heavy knock to the head.

Does the WC player have any consequences for leaving the ground, bracing for contact with the hip and high contact with force.

The comments about jordy being weak for sitting out and missing next week are very ignorant. The afl’s protocols on concussion now are extremely strict. As a trainer (vafa) we’ve been taught that any positive concussion signs, the player is out for the day (and now with the AFL’s rules, out for 12 days I believe).
It’s likely that jordy had no say in playing. As soon as they caught a sign of him being concussed he wouldn’t have a choice in the matter.

Doubt it, considering the AFL has weirdly moved away from punishing the bump as severely as it was there for a couple of years
He left the ground made contact hip to head leaving DeGoey with a broken nose and a concussion. If the AFL has any sort of consistency he would be looking at 3 weeks.

With Danger the AFL’s stance was that the outcome reasonably foreseeable. I don’t see how this is any different

They most called him.out on the coverage, can't just be a broken nose. How about laughing after the game with the Eagles after being subbed out? He is a fraud. Sooner we are rid of him the better we will be.

Seriously, 800k a season for this output.
It wasn't his choice. The medical staff made the call. Disgraceful to call him a pea heart and soft. He came back on and played didn't he.
I'm still waiting for you to explain why it was "terrible optics" for him and how to get their phones after they'd been subbed out ?

He left the ground made contact hip to head leaving DeGoey with a broken nose and a concussion. If the AFL has any sort of consistency he would be looking at 3 weeks.

With Danger the AFL’s stance was that the outcome reasonably foreseeable. I don’t see how this is any different
You could well be right - I've gotta look at the footage again. That De Goey is out for 12 days could well do him in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back