Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Buckley doesn't turn him into a robot. Then we'll never see the best of him. I did say a while ago.. expect this s**t will happen again.. don't agree with what he did at all.. but don't take that arrogant smart ass or whatever characteristics this bloke has that will make him a champion. He has what it takes just channel it in the right direction. Not comparing him to some of the greats of the game.. but these greats were seriously flawed.

He's gonna be awesome.. just put you're trust in him. Let the bloke mature a lil.

I wouldn’t have thought it was designed for the purpose it was used in this case. G4F gave as good as they got I respect that. The others didn’t and hid behind the “like” function. Cowardly like the ferret version of a keyboard warrior :thumbsu:
Some people "like" because they can't present their thoughts as eloquently as others. Some do it because others said what they wanted to say before they could post it. Calling them cowards and keyboard warriors is just unnecessary.

Some people "like" because they can't present their thoughts as eloquently as others. Some do it because others said what they wanted to say before they could post it. Calling them cowards and keyboard warriors is just unnecessary.

Liked :thumbsu:

Ok I will explain it again and how the conversation came about.
A poster said that he should not be getting pissed at this time of the year.
I pointed out that 0,9 does not necessarily mean a person is pissed. Just that, nothing more.
My comment was not in relation to driving or to Jordan. Forget those things.
I was merely stating that 0,9 does not necessarily mean a person is pissed.

C'mon mate, don't try & back track now.

You specifically said Jordy wasn't pissed & that everyone in the world should drive at .09 or higher everyday.

PS: If he was 0.9 he'd be dead, then he'd be dead again after he was reincarnated, then he'd be reincarnated again, possibly as a unicorn. Maybe a cat riding a unicorn.

Tim Watson is seriously at the top of his game. His explosive exposé on the channel 7 news tonight (revealing JDG's penchant for eating ice cream and a disturbing incident suggesting he may also have vacated a rental property leaving it in a messy state) proves this man is on the cutting edge of sports journalism.

You specifically said Jordy wasn't pissed & that everyone in the world should drive at .09 or higher everyday.

PS: If he was 0.9 he'd be dead, then he'd be dead again after he was reincarnated, then he'd be reincarnated again, possibly as a unicorn. Maybe a cat riding a unicorn.

Take it easy on the s**t talking bubs.. that's my role in here.

It needs it's own thread.
0,9 is an average day for me.
You may pass out at 0,09 but for the mad turk it is just starters.

Tim Watson is seriously at the top of his game. His explosive exposé on the channel 7 news tonight (revealing JDG's penchant for eating ice cream and a disturbing incident suggesting he may also have vacated a rental property leaving it in a messy state) proves this man is on the cutting edge of sports journalism.

Why doesn't Timmy with his cutting edge journalism tell the public about what really happens on road trips. The moron.

The whole conversation was unnecessary. I hope you got out of it what you were after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gong through the sanctions in turn ...

(1) “Jordan will not drink alcohol at least until the season’s end, when this decision will be reviewed.”

As an AFL player there are probably large parts of the year where can’t be drinking anyway. And given there was a road trip from Torquay to Melbourne between his bender and when he blew 0.095, those of us who think an intervention is required for his own wellbeing (and who think the club has a duty of care / responsibility to make that intervention) would probably think a year long alcohol ban isn’t unreasonable action. Unlikely to hurt him.

(2) “Jordan has made a commitment to enlist the assistance of medical professionals to help him improve his decision making.”

That sounds perfectly reasonable and appropriate ... certainly more constructive than most folks get after being busted for DUI.

(3) “Jordan has agreed to make significant changes to his social life and associations, a pledge the club supports and will monitor.”

This sounds too specific to be random or merely punitive. It probably speaks to some of the stuff about DeGoey that’s been going on behind the scenes but we have only heard through scuttlebutt and innuendo.

(4) “An indefinite suspension from AFL selection. When Jordan has convinced his peers and coaches that meaningful change has occurred, and that his standards have risen to those of the group, he will become available for selection.”

I think this is a good move by the club. If they had stated that it’s going to be an X week ban, then it would have been entirely a punitive act. A “Do the crime, do the time” type of thing. Or “say 10 Hail Marys and all is forgiven” type of thing. By making it open ended, it means that he is not automatically absolved. It means he needs to keep taking respinsibility for his actions. And it’s has the added benefit of Collingwood supporters not counting down the weeks.

(5) “A fine of $10,000. Jordan has also offered to make a further $10,000 donation to a charity, a gesture the club acknowledges and supports.”

IIRC that in line with AFLPA negotiated penalties for this kind of thing.

(6) “Jordan will be required to undertake employment away from the club for a period of not less than four weeks. During this time he will train in the evenings with the Collingwood VFL squad.”

This was the real interesting one for me. It’s often lamented that footy players are so disconnected from the world the rest of us live in, where we have 9-5 jobs, where we have responsibilities that go beyond kicking a pigskin around the park for the entertainment of others, and getting paid diddly squat for it. I guess the idea with this is to give Jordan an appreciation of what opportunity he has being an AFL footballer. I haven’t seen Collingwood dish this out before, and on the face of it it seems like a really good idea.

(7) “Jordan will take on a meaningful role with a charitable organisation, a position that will be monitored by the club.”

This is the same penalty that was dished out to Marley Williams after his indiscretion. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Hopefully things turn out much better for Jordan than they did for Marley.

I read the punishment and all I get is a 20k fine (massive, that is serious coin even for a footballer), and a friend and alcohol ban (are we adults here?). I don't disagree with making him do some 9-5 and charity work, that's reasonable to me. What's unreasonable is having your employer regulate who your friends are or your lifestyle.

The fat spider is correct Gimp.
Hell you haven't even posted a picture of a mexican walking fish yet. Amateur.

I don't really pay attention to what the fat spider posts.. initially I did until I figured out he's a lot smarter and funnier than me. It's a Greek thing re.. I'm jealous. Naiii reeee

Isn't the point of the "like" function to show that you agree with or like a poster's sentiments instead of repeating what they say?

Plus another 1, so I'm giving you two likes from the like I gave you in that post.

I hope Buckley doesn't turn him into a robot. Then we'll never see the best of him. I did say a while ago.. expect this s**t will happen again.. don't agree with what he did at all.. but don't take that arrogant smart ass or whatever characteristics this bloke has that will make him a champion. He has what it takes just channel it in the right direction. Not comparing him to some of the greats of the game.. but these greats were seriously flawed.

He's gonna be awesome.. just put you're trust in him. Let the bloke mature a lil.

I agree, but would be looking at Taylor Adams as an example - and hopefully JDG becomes a more talented version of him.
Tay had those problems with drinking and fighting, he also has the clear arrogance and grunt. He has turned that into being a leader of the club and a very good midfielder.
Hopefully JDG gets better control of whatever is going on, and follows that same trajectory - but could potentially be a level or two above Tay as a player.

I agree, but would be looking at Taylor Adams as an example - and hopefully JDG becomes a more talented version of him.
Tay had those problems with drinking and fighting, he also has the clear arrogance and grunt. He has turned that into being a leader of the club and a very good midfielder.
Hopefully JDG gets better control of whatever is going on, and follows that same trajectory - but could potentially be a level or two above Tay as a player.

He's a gun.. just be careful with him. Don't take the nut case out of him.. he'll figure it soon I reckon. Let's look at Dustin Martin as another example.

Why doesn't Timmy with his cutting edge journalism tell the public about what really happens on road trips. The moron.

And the year he got father of the year he was was on with a C7 long time news reader!

Windy yesterday, great day to fly a K......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the year he got father of the year he was was on with a C7 long time news reader!

Windy yesterday, great day to fly a K......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fk seriously, how desperate must she be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back