Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

It's weird that for the first time in my life I'm calling Daics 'Peter'... rapt about the reason for the change but will take a little getting used to.
Yep, exactly.

But it's worth the getting used to :)

That's not hard. Brown is still missing, last seen on the side of my Milk carton.

Didn't know you live in the United States?

starting to make sense

I absolutely loved his debut. He didn't set the world on fire like we see some debutants do, but who can really complain?

He looks measured and smooth with what seems to be a hard edge and quality kick. I'm excited for what the future holds for him.

I'm a big believer it seeing "it" very early on with guys that will make the grade. We saw it from Pendles when he stole the ball from Willows hands, Thomas when he was taking hangers by game two, Steele has that final v Adelaide in game 9 and Beamer was solid from the start.

I see it with Daicos. His first touch that I saw was a handball in traffic where he turned a guy and then dished off to the open man it was only a glimpse, but a moment where you could see something of the future in him. He has skill by foot and surprisingly doesn't mind getting his hands dirty (I use surprisingly because it was the knock on him at Jnr level).

It'll take time and I don't know what his role will be long term, but the wait will be worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big believer it seeing "it" very early on with guys that will make the grade. We saw it from Pendles when he stole the ball from Willows hands, Thomas when he was taking hangers by game two, Steele has that final v Adelaide in game 9 and Beamer was solid from the start.

I see it with Daicos. His first touch that I saw was a handball in traffic where he turned a guy and then dished off to the open man it was only a glimpse, but a moment where you could see something of the future in him. He has skill by foot and surprisingly doesn't mind getting his hands dirty (I use surprisingly because it was the knock on him at Jnr level).

It'll take time and I don't know what his role will be long term, but the wait will be worth it.
Agree.
Saw "it" in a vfl game in Geelong earlier in the year.
Brown on the other hand doesn't have the poise or polish, but hope I'm wrong.

Agree.
Saw "it" in a vfl game in Geelong earlier in the year.
Brown on the other hand doesn't have the poise or polish, but hope I'm wrong.

I think the thing for Daicos in 2018 is to bring one of those moments to every game he plays. Beyond that bring it once a quarter and then with consistency! I look forward to 2020 once he hopefully has 50 under his belt.

Love your work Dave......even in hospital.

Hope you're feeling better mate.

Funny how the herald sun came up with the Nick better than maybe Josh story.

Only months too late..... par for the course

Funny how the herald sun came up with the Nick better than maybe Josh story.

Only months too late..... par for the course
Years too late. It's been common knowledge for a few years now that Nick was the more talented of the two.

Years too late. It's been common knowledge for a few years now that Nick was the more talented of the two.
And he's all ours....

I don't doubt that, but surely its going a bit far to call it common knowledge since that's going back to when he was 11.
He was reported as winning player of the carnival at the u13 championships in Moore's draft year. Meanwhile Josh was completely off the radar. So no, not going a bit far.

What's better than one Daicos?

Two Daicoses.

What's better than two Daicoses?

Peter Daicos :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back