List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True however I just can't see them offloading a player of his talent without decent compensation. It is nice to see the motor of the GWS carousal of top end talent starting to play up on them too. An envious problem but a problem none the less

It may come down to who they can keep.

If Josh doesn't extend this year and hints he wants to come home, then they may move him on to keep others.

I could handle giving them NEXT years 1st round pick for him. It's about what they would get in compensation anyway.

It may come down to who they can keep.

If Josh doesn't extend this year and hints he wants to come home, then they may move him on to keep others.

I could handle giving them NEXT years 1st round pick for him. It's about what they would get in compensation anyway.

Yes if he says he is happy to leave then our hope of Zac Williams will be def off.... think I'd prefer Williams and get a draft mid or 2nd or 3rd yr mid ie Caldwell cerra Brodie fiorini

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are saying Kelly will go for a top 5 pick and a second rounder and that some club will meet this demand plus pay Kelly his $1m per year over 8 years?

And this was your 12th post on this board.

You my friend are on a lot more than alcohol and in a need of a lot more than an Uber - whatever it is you are taking you need to stop and then review your posts before contributing such absolute garbage.

For your 13th post at least make it resemble something approaching reality.

Where do all these nuffies come from? Must be a full moon tonite!

*Tonight. Did you really just call me a nuffy and spell ‘tonight’ like that?

Mate, if you honestly buy any of what you just said then you’ve obviously got no idea how the football landscape works. I was being conservative when I said a top 5 pick and a second rounder - it’s likely going to be two top 10 picks. I dunno where you’ve got 8 years at 1mill a year from, but if that is around the mark then why could other clubs afford that but gws couldn’t make it work for arguably their best midfielder? If clubs are willing to pay that on the open market but aren't willing to trade his value then GWS will keep - it's as simple as that. You are aware that Covid won’t last forever? You are aware that clubs don’t have to pay equal amounts of salary each year? E.g. they can frontend or backend contracts?

What on earth does me only posting 12 times have to do with the price of eggs in China? I can see that you’ve posted 2019 times - what’s your point?
I don’t want to get in an online war with you but you’re way off the mark with your comments. As I said, Covid isn’t going to last forever and all you have to do is a quick bit of research to see what the best players have been traded for in the past.

I implore you to go around and ask what people think clubs would need to trade out to land Josh Kelly - not North people on bigfooty, who have a biased view - the general football public with IQ’s above 70.

Our two first round picks for Kelly and Jye Caldwell would be an interesting starting point for something. Provided we and the Dee's are in the bottom six. Depends how he finishes the year of course, and whether Caldwell plays much or well. There may need to be more to it than just those two picks, obviously. Dunno if I'd give them Jed. No doubt they'd love that hardness and intensity in their midfield. They have stupid numbers of young, very talented mids. Many wont get a game but would elsewhere. Not many will bring the toughness and pressure round the ball that Jed does.

At some point that amount of talent being kept out of the comp needs to be addressed. Some of their younger better mids who won't get a run would be worth watching for sure, and no doubt everyone is. I liked what I saw of Caldwell against us and noticed him in the next couple of games. But they probably have three other kids like him too - good first round mids with pace and skills.

One of them, the right one with good prospects, and Kelly would be as much value as our first two picks and *'s second this year.

IMO anyway.

I like your way of thinking, but I'd be surprised if they threw in Caldwell as well. In all likelihood, Kelly would cost us both our first round picks and they might throw in a of later pick or two - perhaps a second rounder or something similar.

Last edited:

Mate, if you honestly buy any of what you just said then you’ve obviously got no idea how the football landscape works. I was being conservative when I said a top 5 pick and a second rounder - it’s likely going to be two top 10 picks. I dunno where you’ve got 8 years at 1mill a year from, but if that is around the mark then why could other clubs afford that but gws couldn’t make it work for arguably their best midfielder? If clubs are willing to pay that on the open market but aren't willing to trade his value then GWS will keep - it's as simple as that. You are aware that Covid won’t last forever? You are aware that clubs don’t have to pay equal amounts of salary each year? E.g. they can frontend or backend contracts?

What on earth does me only posting 12 times have to do with the price of eggs in China? I can see that you’ve posted 2019 times - what’s your point?
I don’t want to get in an online war with you but you’re way off the mark with your comments. As I said, Covid isn’t going to last forever and all you have to do is a quick bit of research to see what the best players have been traded for in the past.

I implore you to go around and ask what people think clubs would need to trade out to land Josh Kelly - not North people on bigfooty, who have a biased view - the general football public with IQ’s above 70.

Why would you think anyone here would take your opinion over a solid long term poster like SBG?

I certainly don't, and if I was a mod here, you would be banned, because you're exhibiting the classical traits of a non North supporting flog of the type who has unfortunately gotten all too confident around here in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you think anyone here would take your opinion over a solid long term poster like SBG?

I certainly don't, and if I was a mod here, you would be banned, because you're exhibiting the classical traits of a non North supporting flog of the type who has unfortunately gotten all too confident around here in recent years.

It's not an opinion, it's fact. Josh Kelly will not be traded for anything less than a high first round pick and second rounder, probably more. I can't fathom how anyone in the football world could think otherwise.

Again, what on earth does a long-term bigfooty poster have to do with anything?

I can assure you I am a die hard north fan - that's why I care. I'd like to think that North supporters are better than the rest.

It's not an opinion, it's fact.

No. It's not.

........and it's the height of arrogance for a brand new poster (allegedly) to come in here and expect people to believe it.

The attainment of credibility. You don't have it. You don't have a past, and with a bit of luck you won't have a future either.

I can assure you I am a die hard north fan - that's why I care. I'd like to think that North supporters are better than the rest.

I'm calling bullshit, and you should be grateful that I don't have the kill switch because you & a dozen others like you would be unknown 0000's & 11111's in the WWW aether.

It's not an opinion, it's fact. Josh Kelly will not be traded for anything less than a high first round pick and second rounder, probably more. I can't fathom how anyone in the football world could think otherwise.

And if your first reaction is to ban anyone who has a different opinion or questions one of your mates, then you need thicker skin and a forum that is built around opinions probably isn't for you.

Ahhhh, normality has been restored. The Josh Kelly thread is alive and well and Teffy is making online friends again.

I tend to formulate my relationships in person. I am obviously a deeply flawed man.

I'll get to work on polishing my internet persona.

1595637556558.png

No. It's not.

........and it's the height of arrogance for a brand new poster (allegedly) to come in here and expect people to believe it.

The attainment of credibility. You don't have it. You don't have a past, and with a bit of luck you won't have a future either.

I'm calling bullshit, and you should be grateful that I don't have the kill switch because you & a dozen others like you would be unknown 0000's & 11111's in the WWW aether.

I called someone out for saying Josh Kelly would be traded for a 4th round pick and it's made me into public enemy number 1.

Grateful? Mate, you need to have a cigarette. Take my eyes, but not my bigfooty account. I don't care what other clubs supporters do or say, but I'd like to think as a North collective, we are better than the general footy population.

...I dont know where you've got the 1mill a year over 8 years from....

FFS - that is the whole point of the argument! Read and think before you post.

If it was a straight trade of a player like Kelly then yes it would attract a value like Tim Kelly/Tom Mitchell.

But with that salary attached to Kelly no club is going to offer ...pick 5 and a high second rounder...as you claim..AND ALSO PICK UP THE WAGE TAB.

It's a nonsense and I dont know why are peddling this.

As for you suggestion of 2 firsts and an early second...Kelly would need to be an incarnate of a 22 year old Schimma, Burns and Greig combined to warrant that. In today's era Dangerfield didn't even warrant that.

If GWS can't negotiate a trade then they keep Kelly and pay him the contracted amount - simple. Or Kelly might elect to push his RFA rights next year and when GWS elect not to match GWS will get the requisite comp (which would be a selection after their first given the size of the contract).

I dont know where you are getting your football 'insight' from but its not working for you.

...I dont know where you've got the 1mill a year over 8 years from....

FFS - that is the whole point of the argument! Read and think before you post.

If it was a straight trade of a player like Kelly then yes it would attract a value like Tim Kelly/Tom Mitchell.

But with that salary attached to Kelly no club is going to offer ...pick 5 and a high second rounder...as you claim..AND ALSO PICK UP THE WAGE TAB.

It's a nonsense and I dont know why are peddling this.

As for you suggestion of 2 firsts and an early second...Kelly would need to be an incarnate of a 22 year old Schimma, Burns and Greig combined to warrant that. In today's era Dangerfield didn't even warrant that.

If GWS can't negotiate a trade then they keep Kelly and pay him the contracted amount - simple. Or Kelly might elect to push his RFA rights next year and when GWS elect not to match GWS will get the requisite comp (which would be a selection after their first given the size of the contract).

I dont know where you are getting your football 'insight' from but its not working for you.

Just for the record, I never said 2 first round picks and a second. I've been saying a high first rounder and second, but if we are to take a step back and be serious, it's likely going to cost someone 2 first rounders.

I agree with the back half of your post.

My point the entire time is that his salary is more or less irrelevant and to pry him out of GWS, it is going to cost someone a hell of a lot more than a 4th round pick. Perhaps our 2 first rounders for Kelly and for their first rounder? I obviously don't know what it would be but all you have to do is look at the Neale trade or the Tim Kelly trade to get a ballpark idea.

Now if everyone can please relax, have a cigarette and stop having a go at me for being logical then I would really appreciate it.

Go Kangas!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back