• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he doesnt want to play for a club he was drafted at - he has questionable attitude. I don't want him at the Blues.
What makes you so sure he's going to the blues. We're talking about Schache and his value IF he leaves.

Docherty was the same as Schache is now. I'm betting your pretty happy with him

Seems like your too biased to be involved in the discussion as you're worried that pick 2 or 3 will be involved if he goes to carlton.

If I were you I wouldn't want to trade for him for pick 2 either but you can't pretend he doesn't have value out of fear of having to pay it.

Still think he's going to Richmond if anywhere. He fits better into their lineup.

We got seduced by his royal blood when we drafted him...Didnt realise he was sponsored by Butter.
I don't know what has happened to him. The kid was a star in a decent SANFL comp against men and never once took a backward step. He was battered from pillar to post most weeks and still did things you wouldn't believe. As a 16 year old weighing about 55kg's if he was lucky he would run back against the flight or drop in the hole with 110kg plus men coming at him. Now for one reason or another he looks timid

He is worth a top 10 pick but will they get that. Unfortunately for the Lions I reckon they are going to screwed on this one

I don't know much about schache but I have watched some lions games only quarters and they have an emerging star!
Eric (Rafa) Hipwood.He is miles ahead of schache.

I don't know much about schache but I have watched some lions games only quarters and they have an emerging star!
Eric (Rafa) Hipwood.He is miles ahead of schache.

Way ahead and dont they have some academy kid this year. Would dump schache for some picks.

Interesting discussion this one. Schache could well hold value to the right club, but I wouldn't feel comfortable offering anything in the first 12-15 selections for him. My hope is that for Brisbane's sake he re-signs because I can't see him warranting some of the value being thrown around.

Well he doesnt want to play for a club he was drafted at - he has questionable attitude. I don't want him at the Blues.

Good - let's not worry about Blues then.

For a club which is willing to offer rumoured 5 year deal worth close to 700k, he'll be worth a top 5 pick.

Good - let's not worry about Blues then.

For a club which is willing to offer rumoured 5 year deal worth close to 700k, he'll be worth a top 5 pick.

What's Josh Kelly worth then. A former pick 2 who has shown everything and arguably top 5 player in the comp?

Five top 10 picks?

Better move on Docherty and Marchbank and Jaksch (ok, one of these things is not like the others) and probably others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Josh Kelly worth then. A former pick 2 who has shown everything and arguably top 5 player in the comp?

Five top 10 picks?
North first for sure about pick 5. Plus something from next year too. Prob another first rd. I reckon that will be the trade of this off season.

At a mill a year you can't get him on the cheap

It's gonna be a top 5 pick or 2 first rounds if they're lower down. That's what club will want & the PSD, does give some added bargaining power.

I think its a huge risk for clubs to poach him, they need a big offer to get him, which will cost them & hes proven nothing.

Could backfire spectacularly on someone, another reason why longer rookie contracts are a good idea. Get a better idea how good/bad someone is
If they're offered a top 10 pick at this point Brisbane will take it and run. You might get some steak knives like an early 3rd if it's a pick in the early teens, or a 2nd if its later, but that shouldn't be an issue given the teams who are reportedly chasing him.

NOT the same.

What would weitering be worth if you traded him?
Not sure how that's a relevant comparison given that Weitering has established himself as clear best 22 and a star on the rise in the same time period that Schache has been dropped to the NEAFL and given personal leave from his club.

If they're offered a top 10 pick at this point Brisbane will take it and run. You might get some steak knives like an early 3rd if it's a pick in the early teens, or a 2nd if its later, but that shouldn't be an issue given the teams who are reportedly chasing him.
We will get very close to what we paid for him two years ago. Purely for the fact he is still worth that.

Brisbane will want at the very least a top 5 pick. Anything less and they will be talking to other clubs and letting Schache know as much (very similar to the Aish scenario).

He had an outstanding first year and from what he has shown at AFL level will be a very good KPF. His 2nd year form is obviously compromised and shouldn't be a big factor in his trade value.

We will get very close to what we paid for him two years ago. Purely for the fact he is still worth that.

Brisbane will want at the very least a top 5 pick. Anything less and they will be talking to other clubs and letting Schache know as much (very similar to the Aish scenario).

He had an outstanding first year and from what he has shown at AFL level will be a very good KPF. His 2nd year form is obviously compromised and shouldn't be a big factor in his trade value.
I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Time will tell.

North first for sure about pick 5. Plus something from next year too. Prob another first rd. I reckon that will be the trade of this off season.

At a mill a year you can't get him on the cheap

So "probably" two first rounders for Kelly. And most Brisbane supporters believe Schache is worth the 2 first rounders as well.

Makes sense:huh:

So "probably" two first rounders for Kelly. And most Brisbane supporters believe Schache is worth the 2 first rounders as well.

Makes sense:huh:

There's a difference between pick 1 and pick 18 though. (Just over 2000 draft points or around pick 3) Think people are missing that part of it.

Think the two first rounders thing came out when it looked like Richmond might be top 4 along with GWS. Say pick 16 and 18 or something. Obviously that's changed a bit now in the last month with Richmond having bit of a form slump.

Not to mention that it's just the opening request from Brisbane. Doesn't mean much anyway in the long run and as both Richmond's and Schache's seasons get worse that two first round draft picks claim gets more and more unrealistic.

Don't think any Brisbane fan expects two top 5 picks. (At least I'd hope that's the case)

Plenty of water to go under the bridge as well. If Martin leaves and Richmond get compensated they might be more comfortable giving up the two first rounders given they wouldn't be trading themselves out of the first round. Schache could come back into the seniors and start playing good footy, he could also retire from the game. Anything possible at this stage.

Depends on where the first rounders are situated.

2 x top 5 picks is a lot different to 2 x pick 14

I should read before i post, this is the more succinct version of what I wrote above

Back