Racing July Daily Thread: Me Love Yulong Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle Edge was in the care of someone in SA as Mick Bell couldn’t travel due to border closures

Market completely wrong Flemington R5 for Saturday- how 3 of those are shorter than South Pacific I don’t know .... and Stormo back on the flat 😂

Market completely wrong Flemington R5 for Saturday- how 3 of those are shorter than South Pacific I don’t know .... and Stormo back on the flat 😂

Because South Pacific was complete dogshit last time - he looks unders to me and wouldn't be going near him unless he is double figures or shows he has brought any form to Australia.

I'd rather take 100s Muntahaa

Because South Pacific was complete dogshit last time - he looks unders to me and wouldn't be going near him unless he is double figures or shows he has brought any form to Australia.

I'd rather take 100s Muntahaa
Think you’re marking a little harsh massive leader bias last start at Caulfield (I’m shocked too!) steps up in distance and Flemington should suit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work from the ATC propoganda machine - interesting how they present the numbers compared to this from the BOM. I am guessing most of the rainfall numbers he brings up happened nowhere near the weeks they continued to serve up bog after bog.

Nice work from the ATC propoganda machine - didn't we have one of the driest June's on record?
I think at 3 of the wet track meetings early they had drought/ bushfire relief campaigns running.

The more interesting part of this story was one the Hawkes' called someone out on something that is relevant.

All tracks have major issues.Valley great surface terrible layout, Flem straight and the different grass fiasco. Caulfield moveable rail and wind. then all the swamps north of the Murray. Eagle Farm rebuild, Doomben rail.

They need to work to fix it but with increased data and accuracy and public media ciriticising the same the outrage only grows despite being there for years. Dom Beirne has been criticising tracks since the 80s and got knocked back due to the monopoly of media the TAB had. 20 years ago the story went good horses beat other good horses because they were better on day. Reality was tracks were just as bad and they were drugged out their mind. Transparanecy and whining punters on social media coming at a cost.

Last edited:
I think Sunny Coast is the best and most consistent we have

Interesting - I remember hearing a pro punter on one of the racing podcasts saying he liked the Sunny Coast because the bias there was super predictable. Which doesn't suggest its a premium racing surface.

I honestly can't think of a fair track in the country if I am being honest. Not surprising given the average straight size is probably 350-400m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back