Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think Collingwood are going to wear when Port decide to wear the prison bars?

Don't know but apparently Collingwood supporters will have the final say if Port are allowed to wear the PB's because the governing body can't make a decision and nor does the Collingwood board.

Just days after being installed as president, Korda told News Corp the club planned to gauge members’ feedback on the matter. “We’ve said to the management, what do you think? And management have said we need to find out what our fans think,” Korda said. “But at the moment our current position hasn’t changed.

“We will have a look at that in due course but it hasn’t been high on the agenda.”

Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Brisbane (White clash with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Carlton (White away strip with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Collingwood (White Away strip with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Essendon (Red clash with Red shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Fremantle (White away strip with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Geelong (Home strip with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Gold Coast (Home strip with Red shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Greater Western Sydney (White away strip with white shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Hawthorn (Home strip with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Melbourne (Royal Blue clash strip with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs North Melbourne (White away with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Port Adelaide (Silver away with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Richmond (Yellow away with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs St Kilda (White away with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Sydney (Home strip with Red shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs West Coast (Yellow away with White shorts)
Adelaide (Home with Navy shorts) vs Western Bulldogs (White away with White shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Adelaide (Yellow away with White shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Carlton (Home strip with Navy shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Collingwood (White away strip with white shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Essendon (Home strip with White shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Fremantle (White away strip with White shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Geelong (Home strip with white shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Gold Coast (Home strip with Red shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Greater Western Sydney (White away strip with white shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Hawthorn (Home strip with White shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Melbourne (Royal Blue clash strip with White shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs North Melbourne (Home strip with Blue shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Port Adelaide (Home strip with Black shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Richmond (Home strip with Black shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs St Kilda (White away with White shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Sydney (Home strip with Red shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs West Coast (Home strip with Blue shorts)
Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts) vs Western Bulldogs (Home strip with Blue shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Adelaide (Yellow away with White shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Brisbane (Home with Maroon shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Collingwood (White away with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Essendon (Red clash with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Fremantle (White clash with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Geelong (Home strip with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Gold Coast (Home strip with Red shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Greater Western Sydney (White away strip with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Hawthorn (Home strip with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Melbourne (Royal Blue clash strip with White shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs North Melbourne (White away strip with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Port Adelaide (Silver away strip with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Richmond (Yellow away with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs St Kilda (White away with white shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Sydney (Home strip with Red shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs West Coast (Home strip with blue shorts)
Carlton (Home with Navy shorts) vs Western Bulldogs (Home strip with blue shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Adelaide (Yellow strip with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Brisbane (Red clash with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Carlton (White clash with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Essendon (Red clash with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Fremantle (White clash with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Geelong (Home strip with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Gold Coast (Home strip with red shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Greater Western Sydney (White away strip with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Hawthorn (Home strip with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Melbourne (Royal Blue clash strip with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs North Melbourne (white away strip with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Port Adelaide (Silver clash strip with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Richmond (Yellow clash with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs St Kilda (White clash with white shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Sydney (Home strip with Red shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs West Coast (Home strip with Blue shorts)
Collingwood (Home with Black shorts) vs Western Bulldogs (Home strip with Blue shorts)

4 done, 14 to go. Will finish later.

Hate to be that guys but it's later....
Would really appreciate you finishing this off :)

What do you think Collingwood are going to wear when Port decide to wear the prison bars?

I dunno, but there's not much point in designing a clash jumper to prevent a clash against a uniform match-up that hasn't once taken place at AFL level. Collingwood can cross that bridge when they come to it – I assume it will inevitably happen.

Btw, if you're trying to bait me with the Port PB's stuff, look elsewhere; for what it's worth I think they should be allowed to wear the bars in every home game – it's their identity.

I dunno, but there's not much point in designing a clash jumper to prevent a clash against a uniform match-up that hasn't once taken place at AFL level. Collingwood can cross that bridge when they come to it – I assume it will inevitably happen.

Btw, if you're trying to bait me with the Port PB's stuff, look elsewhere; for what it's worth I think they should be allowed to wear the bars in every home game – it's their identity.
I think the Collingwood light and dark kits work really well. They wouldn't work in against the prison bars.

A Collingwood mostly black kit was unprecedented until this week.

I'm coming from the side that the home team can wear whatever they want and it's up to the away team to find a contrast, though I can see your point also.

With a direction from the AFL that if you pick a darker jumper, go the darker shorts and socks too.

Whoever is running this department at the AFL needs to be binned. How can Brisbane and Port last night be deemed to be more of a clash than this sh*t?

i didn't really think there was much of a problem. would you put north in the white kit against melbourne in navy shorts? their away jumper would only create more of a clash

i didn't really think there was much of a problem. would you put north in the white kit against melbourne in navy shorts? their away jumper would only create more of a clash
Mean Carlton and Essendon. Melbourne could probably have been in some sort of red kit (like past years) as that would definitely improve the contrast but it was watchable.

Mean Carlton and Essendon. Melbourne could probably have been in some sort of red kit (like past years) as that would definitely improve the contrast but it was watchable.

ah ok, just had a look. i think the white shorts probably do enough but it's a little bit difficult to watch

Both games today so far could've and should've been a lot better. Melbourne need a red clash. Carlton need to use their white one. Its not hard.

You know the match up lacks contrast when Channel 7's coloured scoreboard graphics look mostly the same as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dark Blue v black

Calrton is the worst team regarding clash strips.
The problem is they have a good one but for some reason the AFL doesn't think they need to wear it. Are there too many "big 4" supporters in the halls of power?

Today was a shocker, as it always is between Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton. I was in the Southern Stand and at the start of the game, you had the bright sun glare over half the ground and dark shadow over the rest. Then in the second half it got really dark. Plus you’re watching against dark background of the crowd.

The game would’ve been significantly better to look at with a stark contrast.

Weird too with all the blowup last week about the ANZAC clash. Today was an identical clash. Carlton might as well be in black, versus us in all black. Yet not a word in the media.

Today was a shocker, as it always is between Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton. I was in the Southern Stand and at the start of the game, you had the bright sun glare over half the ground and dark shadow over the rest. Then in the second half it got really dark. Plus you’re watching against dark background of the crowd.

The game would’ve been significantly better to look at with a stark contrast.

Weird too with all the blowup last week about the ANZAC clash. Today was an identical clash. Carlton might as well be in black, versus us in all black. Yet not a word in the media.

Don’t lump Collingwood in with Carlton, Essendon and Richmond, our away games v those clubs are very watchable, just our home games when they’re too stubborn to wear clash strips. Not our fault.

Don’t lump Collingwood in with Carlton, Essendon and Richmond, our away games v those clubs are very watchable, just our home games when they’re too stubborn to wear clash strips. Not our fault.

I didn’t mention Richmond, our games with them are fine. It’s none of the clubs fault, it’s the AFL’s fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back