Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

so what do you think the '17 GF kits should have been?

Personally I don't really see a clash but some common sense could have prevailed and had probably Adelaide wear white shorts given Richmond's predominately black uniform is darker?! Then both clubs get to wear their preferred and original jumpers.

If you want to take it even further, either side could have worn their 'light colour' as shorts: Richmond - Yellow, Adelaide - Red or Yellow

St Kilda v Richmond today and the umps are in black shorts and white tops, Saints in black shorts and their usual jumper and Tigers in their away strip. Looks like 21 v 18 on the field.

If Richmond don’t clash with Carlton or Collingwood, then they don’t clash with St Kilda.

But, as we all know, the AFL is inconsistent.

Attachments

• SK 1a.png
    SK 1a.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 31
  • RI 1c.png
    RI 1c.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 31
St Kilda v Richmond today and the umps are in black shorts and white tops, Saints in black shorts and their usual jumper and Tigers in their away strip. Looks like 21 v 18 on the field.

Just turned it on and thought the same thing. AFL would have to be one of the most incompetent sports leagues in terms of this... Just doesn't make sense on any level. Any colour combination would have been probably better for the umps. Blue. Orange. Pink.

Again, is there even a reason for Richmond (Black and Yellow) to be wearing a clash jumper against St. Kilda (Red, White and Black)?? If there even is a modicum of clash, St. Kilda wear white shorts (one of their primary club colours) and it's all good. Adding white to Richmond's uniform is just stupid. Having the umps in those colours is doubling down on that stupidity.

Absolutely baffling but expected at the same time :drunk::drunk:

The likeness is the Saints and the umpires.

The umpires are wearing white, black and yellow, as are Richmond. They really couldn’t find any different colours for the umps today? Why not have them in purple for the Maddie’s Match tie in?

Again, is there even a reason for Richmond (Black and Yellow) to be wearing a clash jumper against St. Kilda (Red, White and Black)??
Of course there is. A team with a mainly black jumper and white numbers is playing another team with a mainly black jumper and white numbers. Simple really. Just put the designated away team in their clash jumper and problem solved. Which is what happened.

Of course there is. A team with a mainly black jumper and white numbers is playing another team with a mainly black jumper and white numbers. Simple really. Just put the designated away team in their clash jumper and problem solved. Which is what happened.

At least this doesn’t happen any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you say so...

:rolleyes:

A major part of guernsey clashes is the fact that everyone is around the ball these days.

Old matches are watchable as players were more spread out; and thus easier to see what they were wearing.

Agree, it 'looks' good and as the away team against someone like Geelong, North Melbourne or the Bulldogs, by all means wear that.

But when they're playing away and there's a genuine clash, the yellow with black sash is far better.

I personally don't consider St. Kilda / Richmond to be a genuine clash, but let's for argument sake agree that it is; would rather the Saints take the reasonable and logical step of donning the white shorts because it's already one of their primary colours. Your mob has shown the way here and I have to applaud their common sense on the matter... The Geelong - Carlton game was a pleasure to watch because of it and both clubs had their preferred, traditional jumpers on display. Win-Win.

I personally don't consider St. Kilda / Richmond to be a genuine clash, but let's for argument sake agree that it is; would rather the Saints take the reasonable and logical step of donning the white shorts because it's already one of their primary colours. Your mob has shown the way here and I have to applaud their common sense on the matter... The Geelong - Carlton game was a pleasure to watch because of it and both clubs had their preferred, traditional jumpers on display. Win-Win.

Personally, I like Geelong's all white strip, better than the navy shorts. I'd like the white shorts to become part of our official home colours.

But I think the home team should wear what it likes (provided the AFL has signed off on it) and the away team is obliged to come up with a suitable clash strip.

I see where you're coming from, but then I also see why the smaller Victorian clubs get precious and dig their heels in about uniform issues, when they're supposed to cop the sacred 'big 4' meetings being too important for one team to lower itself to a clash guernsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back