Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist s**t stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Total s**t Stain

Votes: 96 50.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 20.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's both....a 300 game club champion that gave his all for port and post footy career a media s**t stain.

What part of crawling to 300 undeservedly and quitting on the club mid season to pursue his "lifelong dream" of becoming a fireman for two minutes equates with "giving it his all"?

Kane Cornes is a massive stain on the Port Adelaide footy club.

Unfortunately He gets inside information from somewhere, so the club better have a good look at where it's leaking from, although I think we all know.

I don't want the Cornes name associated with the PAFC anymore, enough is enough.

Last edited:

Unfortunately He gets inside information from somewhere, so the club better have a good look at where it's leaking form, although I think we all know.

I don't want the Cornes name associated with the PAFC anymore, enough is enough.
My old man seen this coming was ropable the night Chad was drafted.

I think several here overestimate the relationship between Chad and Kane.

From a few that know them quite well the circles they roll in do not cross over at all and they aren’t very close.

Could be wrong but they’re hardly the Morris twins (NBA reference)

From a few that know them quite well the circles they roll in do not cross over at all and they aren’t very close.

By his own admission, they didn't speak for a considerable length of time.

Unfortunately He gets inside information from somewhere, so the club better have a good look at where it's leaking form, although I think we all know.

Keith Thomas was many things, both good and bad, but one of the good things he did was plug the leaks. Kane was marched into his office at least once and read the riot act for being the source of such leaks. Now Kane is in the media and we have his ******* brother and the coach leaking info to him like he used to leak it to his dad. Horrid family.

Straight back in Sonny, he owns a dog with Kenny you see

But uncle Chad, how does owning a dog help him get selected for the side?

Well, you see Sonny, it's not about whether you're any good at footy, it's all about who you know taps nose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately He gets inside information from somewhere, so the club better have a good look at where it's leaking from, although I think we all know.

This presumes that the club isn't endorsing/encouraging the leaks. I'm not so sure.

This presumes that the club isn't endorsing/encouraging the leaks. I'm not so sure.
The club literally pays Michaelangelo Rucci to write propaganda.

The club has been intentionally letting leaks out every since the Wingard trade.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Kornes on SEN Vic this morning "North Melbourne players harden up. Stop complaining about Noble being too hard on you. Tail wagging the dog......."
Kornes this week on Channel 9 Adel "Up to 10 players would be extremely upset if Ken Hinkley leaves"

HYPOCRITE: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

Kornes on SEN Vic this morning "North Melbourne players harden up. Stop complaining about Noble being too hard on you. Tail wagging the dog......."
Kornes this week on Channel 9 Adel "Up to 10 players would be extremely upset if Ken Hinkley leaves"

HYPOCRITE: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.
A Cornes is a hypocrite? No way :drunk:

Because his on everything and is shoved down our throats 🤷
I used to listen to a lot of sport programs on radio. I stopped listening to 5aa when Tredders left and all we were left with was Rowe. Nowadays I just look for decent interviews online and listen to the whole segment instead of just getting the cherry-picked bits that the media use to put their own spin on everything.

The pic that was posted here some years back of a shirtless and pouting Chad standing alongside his nephews at a family bbq was like something out of that ridiculous Jersey Shore show on Fox, it was vomit worthy.

He looked suspiciously like someone who would regularly oil up the pecs and admire themselves in the mirror before leaping onto the bed and going off the bat. :eek:

PORT ADELAIDE assistant coach Dean Laidley has conceded the club is being dragged down by cultural problems in the playing group.
After another horror loss to North Melbourne on Saturday, Laidley revealed the depth of the challenge facing new Power coach Matthew Primus.
"When Matty took over this job, and I'm there to support him 100 per cent, he had to open a box and he's opened that box," Laidley said.
"He knew what was in there, but you've got to keep going through with it now. There's a lot of work to do from a mental perspective, and culturally.
"He needs to continue to find some players who want to play for the club and each other.
"He inherited a lot of this. He knew and understood that when he took over the job."
Primus has dropped senior players, including Kane Cornes and Danyle Pearce, this season and forced veteran Chad Cornes to start the season in the SANFL.
The finger has been pointed at several senior players.
"There is a cultural problem within the playing group. We know and understand that," Laidley said on SEN.

Last edited:
Back