Moved Thread Kevin Sheedy calls on football to embrace sexual equality

Remove this Banner Ad

What is 'icky'?

**** off. :thumbsu:

Failed attempt at humour.

I mean I believe what I wrote is basically the case (most of those who have described their issues with homosexuality have basically described gay men, not lesbians), but I tried to say it in a juvenile way that mocked the people who hold the view. Sadly "juvenile" has been par the course in here so I just read like another *******.

To paraphrase many a dickhead before me - I love gay men! All my boyfriends have been gay.

It seems to me that if you are a minority, you have to tell the whole ******* world about it!

standing up for yours rights has less to do with being a minority, and more to do with having a spine.

Failed attempt at humour.

I mean I believe what I wrote is basically the case (most of those who have described their issues with homosexuality have basically described gay men, not lesbians), but I tried to say it in a juvenile way that mocked the people who hold the view. Sadly "juvenile" has been par the course in here so I just read like another *******.

To paraphrase many a dickhead before me - I love gay men! All my boyfriends have been gay.
To have attempted and failed at humour is excusable. I do it all the time. Ask anyone on here.

The song Death On Two Legs was written about a former Queen manager who introduced Freddie Mercury to the gay scene. More bitter rock lyrics were never penned. Mercury died miserable and full of regrets.

Now tell me again about the virtues of homosexuality.
This is utter horseshit. You've inserted the bit about "gay scene" without any shred of evidence. That song has nothing to do with it. It's about a manager who was perceived to be ripping the band off.

Also, you've implied here that Freddie Mercury was miserable and had regrets about being gay. If he did, I've never heard it. He was a complex man with some big problems but your comments are absolutely unfounded and you've been knowingly misleading.

When I came out it was still illegal for me to have sex in Tasmania, that's how far we've come in under twenty five years. Laws like this have only changed because of gobby NTTAWWTters, long may we reign.
standing up for yours rights has less to do with being a minority, and more to do with having a spine.

And it is because of people like this, who have spoken up for their rights and the rights of others that my son has been able to enjoy a relatively happy, healthy and safe life so far as a young gay man.

I hope they never shut up!

And it is because of people like this, who have spoken up for their rights and the rights of others that my son has been able to enjoy a relatively happy, healthy and safe life so far as a young gay man.

I hope they never shut up!
I don't know how old your lad is, but I hear of kids coming out at school these days which is just fantastic.

I don't know how old your lad is, but I hear of kids coming out at school these days which is just fantastic.

He's 21 but he came out to us (his parents and brother) at 16. Funnily enough he told his classmates at school a year or so before he told us.

It doesn't matter who you are, talking to your parents about sex stuff is not cool!

He's 21 but he came out to us (his parents and brother) at 16. Funnily enough he told his classmates at school a year or so before he told us.

It doesn't matter who you are, talking to your parents about sex stuff is not cool!
I bravely did it by letter from the other side of the world.

Happens all the time and the kids don't give a s**t. Which should be what society aims for.

But of course Safe Schools is an evil political correctness scheme that is turning our kids into flaming homosexuals.

This is utter horseshit. You've inserted the bit about "gay scene" without any shred of evidence. That song has nothing to do with it. It's about a manager who was perceived to be ripping the band off.

Also, you've implied here that Freddie Mercury was miserable and had regrets about being gay. If he did, I've never heard it. He was a complex man with some big problems but your comments are absolutely unfounded and you've been knowingly misleading.

He was in a heterosexual relationship prior to the band being formed and blamed Norman Sheffield for introducing him to the gay and bisexual scene - fact.

As for the lyrics, there are numerous lines that could be interpreted as double entendres.

But now you can kiss
My ass goodbye

Last edited:
He was in a heterosexual relationship prior to the band being formed. He blamed Norman Sheffield for introducing him to the gay and bisexual scene - fact.

As for the lyrics, there are numerous lines that could be interpreted as double entendres.

And now you can kiss
My ass goodbye

Then surely you have a quote from Freddie that can corroborate this 'fact'. Right?

As for your textual interpretation, I think it would carry more weight if Freddie stopped being gay after writing the song. Which he didn't.

He was in a heterosexual relationship prior to the band being formed. He blamed Norman Sheffield for introducing him to the gay and bisexual scene - fact.

But now you can kiss
My ass goodbye
To be fair if he wasn't gay, or bi you could have taken him to as many bars as he liked, and nothing would have happened. I manage to avoid picking up women when I'm in straight bars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now you can kiss
My ass goodbye

If this is "fact" then point me to one reputable source. I don't know whether you've made this up or been misled by someone but it is absolutely not true. Freddie Mercury was self-described bisexual. He was not "turned gay" by Norman Sheffield. The anger in that song has nothing to do with his sexuality.

Or perhaps Ben Folds is gay and "One Angry Dwarf" is all about the anger of someone turning you gay???

Seriously, dial down the nutjob conspiracy crap.

If this is "fact" then point me to one reputable source. I don't know whether you've made this up or been misled by someone but it is absolutely not true. Freddie Mercury was self-described bisexual. He was not "turned gay" by Norman Sheffield. The anger in that song has nothing to do with his sexuality.

Or perhaps Ben Folds is gay and "One Angry Dwarf" is all about the anger of someone turning you gay???

Seriously, dial down the nutjob conspiracy crap.

I've read it in a couple of places. This is the only reference I can find on the net.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=4731

You can only find one reference (which is a random unverified comment on a website) because it's not true.

Wherever you read it, I'd remove them from your list of reliable sources of information.

I'm busy, but I'll see what I can find later on.

Note that the comment on songfacts.com does say "It is commonly believed...".

I'm busy, but I'll see what I can find later on.

Note that the comment on songfacts.com does say "It is commonly believed...".

That kind of statement would carry as much weight in court as 'I heard my neighbour say John murdered his wife'.

ie none.

Yeah I accept that. But it does imply that the poster has acquired his information from more than one source.

I could post 'it is commonly known that Chris Mainwaring sold drugs to school children" on my own .com website and it would carry the same weight.

Without people willing to put their names behind the claim or with any kind of substantiation it is virtually useless and should be treated as such. Cryptic song lyrics are not substantiation.

Without people willing to put their names behind the claim or with any kind of substantiation it is virtually useless and should be treated as such. Cryptic song lyrics are not substantiation.

He did - Ryan, of Eaton, Indiana. A town of ~1800... how many Ryans can there be in Eaton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back