Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob strike off make our community proud as well.

To slow.
Erin will captain our women's team! Oh no wait, China instead.

We're gonna have an Aboriginal centre of excellence! Oh no wait, labor lost the election.

We exist to PR spin and pat ourselves on the back.

If we are (as it seems) to become a feeder club, there’s not much point.
The AFL is losing the plot if they think constantly handing advantages to the bigger money making clubs is a good idea.

If we are (as it seems) to become a feeder club, there’s not much point.
The AFL is losing the plot if they think constantly handing advantages to the bigger money making clubs is a good idea.

Posted this in another thread but it's relevant here too.

Quality players rumoured or confirmed to want into Victoria:
Tom Lynch
Steven May
Dylan Shiel
Dayne Beams
Chad Wingard
Jared Polec
Tom Scully
Daniel Hannebery
Mitch McGovern
Will Setterfield
Aaron Hall
Kade Kolodjashnij
Jack Scrimshaw

Quality players rumoured or confirmed to want out of Victoria:
Jesse Hogan. Maybe.

Posted this in another thread but it's relevant here too.

Quality players rumoured or confirmed to want into Victoria:
Tom Lynch
Steven May
Dylan Shiel
Dayne Beams
Chad Wingard
Jared Polec
Tom Scully
Daniel Hannebery
Mitch McGovern
Will Setterfield
Aaron Hall
Kade Kolodjashnij
Jack Scrimshaw

Quality players rumoured or confirmed to want out of Victoria:
Jesse Hogan. Maybe.
This is the reason why I'll take a s**t GC and propped up GWS over two less teams outside Victoria. Until there are more teams outside Victoria then in it there'll always be a disproportionate number of players wanting to go there and clubs from there getting there way more then 1/18th of the time.

We have traded out someone who would have to be 60% of supporters favorite player for reasons that remain unclear. For a team that lack colour in game style it remains a dangerous move. If we get off to a slow start next year there will be a few people whose jobs will become untenable and crowd figures will tumble.
I fear we have entered a very dangerous period for our club. Implosion is a very real possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kochie interviewed yesterday and said our list is better than last year!
Hmmmmm.....

I know the head honcho has to spruik the positives and spin doctor things to keep membership up and sponsors engaged, but seriously........ we have all had a gutful of the past few seasons of underachievement, failing to get over a pretty low bar at times too.

Surely some honesty would not go astray at times like this for the fan base. Admit we had an epic fail, and that everyone from DK to the boot studder's 2IC need to improve if the Club is to move forwards.

Just because we moved a couple of (and the jury is still out here, but...) "bad eggs" with regards to team culture - does that mean we are better off when those guys are in the age demographic that we are currently deficient in anyway, and who are one of only a handful of blokes with X-factor, leg speed and the ability to turn a game in an instant of brilliance?

It will not just happen by magic. The collective people of the Port Adelaide club have to work together, and not be as fractured as previously - players, board members, admin staff, coaches, etc. EVERYONE has to be on the same page, or we go nowhere!

We all like to think shifting the magnets on a white board will lead to miraculously better outcomes. But you still need to work hard, work smart, pull together, and have a fair bit of luck too.

And sometimes, things just do not turn out better, despite all of that happening. There are so many things that can impact on results. I mean (just as an example) - I often daydream about the Trivago girl sitting on my face all night, but the reality is .......... :(
.......somewhat different!

So Kochie - just be honest to your supporters Mate, and show us that everyone at the Club is on the same page at least, that we are not blinded by false hope and expect things to just magically occur without doing the right things and the smart things more often, and that there is a resolve to work together as a team in better ways - to MAKE better outcomes.

Hmmmmm.....

I know the head honcho has to spruik the positives and spin doctor things to keep membership up and sponsors engaged, but seriously........ we have all had a gutful of the past few seasons of underachievement, failing to get over a pretty low bar at times too.

Surely some honesty would not go astray at times like this for the fan base. Admit we had an epic fail, and that everyone from DK to the boot studder's 2IC need to improve if the Club is to move forwards.

Just because we moved a couple of (and the jury is still out here, but...) "bad eggs" with regards to team culture - does that mean we are better off when those guys are in the age demographic that we are currently deficient in anyway, and who are one of only a handful of blokes with X-factor, leg speed and the ability to turn a game in an instant of brilliance?

It will not just happen by magic. The collective people of the Port Adelaide club have to work together, and not be as fractured as previously - players, board members, admin staff, coaches, etc. EVERYONE has to be on the same page, or we go nowhere!

We all like to think shifting the magnets on a white board will lead to miraculously better outcomes. But you still need to work hard, work smart, pull together, and have a fair bit of luck too.

And sometimes, things just do not turn out better, despite all of that happening. There are so many things that can impact on results. I mean (just as an example) - I often daydream about the Trivago girl sitting on my face all night, but the reality is .......... :(

So Kochie - just be honest to your supporters Mate, and show us that everyone at the Club is on the same page at least, that we are not blinded by false hope and expect things to just magically occur without doing the right things and the smart things more often, and that there is a resolve to work together as a team in better ways - to MAKE better outcomes.
I usually don’t mind Kochie but that interview made we want to vomit.
In fact I almost did when he praised our great club for looking after players needs by letting them move on to club of choice and how it is win win and everything Is just wonderful.
I guess he has been told to toe the party line.
He obviously has no inside info of what is going on.
Spin spin spin.
Just rehashing word for word what CD has been saying.

Hmmmmm.....

images.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back