Traded Lewis Taylor [traded to Sydney for #48]

Remove this Banner Ad

How the fu** did this bloke get the rising star over Bontempelli lol?

Largely off the back of playing 6 more games than Bontempelli while having similar stats. Was the correct call then as it still is now when you realise it's about who had the better season, not who is going to be the better player down the road.

Last edited:
because he had the better season that year.

Pretty simple really
Except he didn't..

If anything it was simply because he played the full season. Lewis Taylor was an uncontested player (listed as a forward?) who had a disposal efficiency advantage of just 2.5% despite Bontempelli being mostly an inside contested mid, Bontempelli also kicked more goals, laid more tackles, had more inside 50s among a few other things.

We all know he only won because David King had money on Taylor to win it that season.

Except he didn't..

If anything it was simply because he played the full season. Lewis Taylor was an uncontested player (listed as a forward?) who had a disposal efficiency advantage of just 2.5% despite Bontempelli being mostly an inside contested mid, Bontempelli also kicked more goals, laid more tackles, had more inside 50s among a few other things.

We all know he only won because David King had money on Taylor to win it that season.
They averaged the same goals per game 0.9, Lewis had a 8.5% better disposal efficiency not 2.5% like you said. More tackles would be expected of an inside mid and inside 50's is a fluff statistic.

Now I was on the AA thread only last week saying I reckon there is a strong case that Bont is probably the best player in the league but Lewis was deserving of that award

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They averaged the same goals per game 0.9, Lewis had a 8.5% better disposal efficiency not 2.5% like you said. More tackles would be expected of an inside mid and inside 50's is a fluff statistic.

Now I was on the AA thread only last week saying I reckon there is a strong case that Bont is probably the best player but Lewis was deserving of that award
I was only basing it off this..

They didn't average the same goals per game because Bontempelli kicked more goals in fewer games.

I remember thinking at the time with an obvious amount of bias that Bontempelli was robbed of the Rising Star award, pretty good argument to suggest he was a better player in 2014 than Taylor, but as I've previously said, it's likely the 16 games v 22 games that cost him.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.25.45 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.25.45 pm.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 112
I was only basing it off this..

They didn't average the same goals per game because Bontempelli kicked more goals in fewer games.

I remember thinking at the time with an obvious amount of bias that Bontempelli was robbed of the Rising Star award, pretty good argument to suggest he was a better player in 2014 than Taylor, but as I've previously said, it's likely the 16 games v 22 games that cost him.

Let it go. Let it go.

Except you're really just discussing Bont...
Actually I'm not, I'm discussing the only notable achievement that the player this thread is based off has achieved in his senior AFL career and how even that was questionable. If he had done more with his career to date, perhaps there'd be more to talk about, including the contract that the OP suggests he wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back