Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

As I said Maric would not be on the trade table unless for an elite player such as Warner.

He has been played as a high half forward ATM with Waterman, Darling and J Williams the three tall forwards and Bailey resting forward in spells. Maric's field kicking is elite and he covers the ground very well. So not playing as a permanent forward is one reason he isn't kicking bags............and Jake is on fire so no need. Eagles playing Maric off the bench as development as he is too good for WAFL.

Looking like Eagles have a surplus of good young talls. Some will likely need to move to get a game. Waterman and Oscar Allen are locks and that leaves a 3rd tall forward spot left for Darling, Maric, J Williams, B Williams, Culley and A Reid to fight for. Six talls chasing the 3rd forward spot.

Ok. You brought him up, not me.

This is the point

Why bring Maric up in a post, despite the fact he has said he doesn’t want to go back to Victoria, and by your own admission wouldn’t be involved in a trade for Baker.

It’s pointless to even bring him up. Words for the sake of words.

And on that note, we aren’t trading AReid for 27 year old Baker, not matter how highly we rate Baker.

Talking about players who are unrealistic is just detailing.

Last edited:
I still think Richmond need a future pick and not a 2024 one. 8 picks before 60 seems like overkill if you start adding more to it. Maybe they are the ones who actually want our F1st

F1st for Baker + pick 30 may work with Eagles flipping pick 23 for Busslinger and having pick 3,30 and 59 in the draft
7 inside 60 currently. Most of those 7 picks outside of the first couple will be bundled up and sent to the highest bidder for their first pick - most likely Lions. I doubt we draft anyone outside of the 2nd round this year.

Eagles F1 would be appealing if we can't get one off them this year, providing we can source at least one more 1st pick this year for the draft.

Last edited:
7 inside 60 currently. Most of those 7 picks outside of the first couple will be bundled up and sent to the highest bidder for their first pick - most likely Lions. I doubt we draft anyone outside of the 2nd round this year.

Eagles F1 would be appealing if we can't get one of them this year, providing we can source at least one more 1st pick this year for the draft.

We’re not trading a future first for Baker with 3 drafts left before Tassie comes in.

Could see us helping you to get Brisbane or Carlton’s first round picks.

Or maybe helping to get GCS 1st round picks, pending what happens with Rioli.

A Darling replacement that doesn't kick goals. We may have been interested before Lefau came along. Eagles need young talent as much as we do, if they were any good they wouldn't be on the table.
You might be a bit harsh on Maric.
The kid's only had one pre-season.

It's a moot point anyway as he likes it at WC and is contracted.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post, if the players were any good, they wouldn't be traded.

Also, WC aren't in the habit of pushing players out the door.
So unless a player goes to management and requests to go home, I don't think a player will be part of the deal.

This is the point

Why bring Maric up in a post, despite the fact he has said he doesn’t want to go back to Victoria, and by your own admission wouldn’t be involved in a trade for Baker.

It’s pointless to even bring him up. Words for the sake of words.

And on that note, we aren’t trading AReid for 27 year old Baker, not matter how highly we rate Baker.

Talking about players who are unrealistic is just detailing.

I explained why Maric was brought up.

Twice.

Looks like we have an over supply of tall forwards. Maybe one of those asks for a move as they can see that as well.

Maric likely stays sure. But others will possibly think about opportunities elsewhere.

Do you think we will keep every tall on our list currently?

Maric I brought up as an example of how many tall forwards we have fighting for one spot currently Darlings. Which may lead to others looking elsewhere.

I can see a fringe tall being involved assisting in a trade for Baker. Which one is unknown at this stage. Waterman, Allen and Maric are not IMO.

I explained why Maric was brought up.

Twice.

Looks like we have an over supply of tall forwards. Maybe one of those asks for a move as they can see that as well.

Maric likely stays sure. But others will possibly think about opportunities elsewhere.

Do you think we will keep every tall on our list currently?

Maric I brought up as an example of how many tall forwards we have fighting for one spot currently Darlings. Which may lead to others looking elsewhere.

I can see a fringe tall being involved assisting in a trade for Baker. Which one is unknown at this stage. Waterman, Allen and Maric are not IMO.
Are you suggesting we will push a contracted player out the door to get Baker?

• Eagles wont split their 1st pick this year
  • Eagles wont trade out their 1st in 2025
  • Eagles wont trade out Maric & Reid
  • Eagles want Baker & Busslinger

Cool this trade looks easy

It might not even come to that. A little bit from gettable today Cal was asked about Bakers landing spot and said, well Freo have the capital.

It’s not much, but it implied that Freo is more likely reading between the lines.

It might not even come to that. A little bit from gettable today Cal was asked about Bakers landing spot and said, well Freo have the capital.

It’s not much, but it implied that Freo is more likely reading between the lines.
Personally, i actually think it comes down to the eagles and if they value Baker and want him
It sounds like Baker would rather go to the eagles if the $$$ are right

Freo have made their offer and Richmond has also but no news about the eagles if they have or will make an offer
Matt Clacke wouldnt chase and make him an offer if he was not prepared to cough up the required trade capital

Im still holding up hope he stays but if he is not signed up by the end of July then he is gone

Maric or Bailey Williams + Eagles 2nd rnd pick (pick 30ish) for Baker?

Thats overs.

Tigers would accept either of those players on their own. Straight swap.

However the Eagles wouldnt entertain it unless the player requested a trade. Both are under contract and highly rated by the club. Both recently said they are rapt to be around for another two seasons.

Thats overs.

However the Eagles wouldnt entertain it unless the player requested a trade. Both are under contract and highly rated by the club. Both recently said they are rapt to be around for another two seasons.
BWilliams probably wouldn't be best 22 if Flynn, J Williams, Waterman, Allen and Darling are fit. Could see him leaving if he gets pushed out 2nd half of season and Richmond offer him 2nd ruck and forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, i actually think it comes down to the eagles and if they value Baker and want him
It sounds like Baker would rather go to the eagles if the $$$ are right

Freo have made their offer and Richmond has also but no news about the eagles if they have or will make an offer
Matt Clacke wouldnt chase and make him an offer if he was not prepared to cough up the required trade capital

Im still holding up hope he stays but if he is not signed up by the end of July then he is gone
Its a Subi thing, the subi boys seem to always prefer WCE over Freo

I like you think if money is right he wants WCE

With WCE I think they will wait until end of year and know what they what pick they have
and how they get it done then make the offer

Thats overs.

No, they wouldn't.

Thats overs.

Come on now, LOL

Thats overs.

I like those players, but theyre worth a little bit less than Baker imo. Both worth picks in the 20s for sure though as a minimum.
One of them + F2 for baker and our 3rd rounder back is probably close

Id only consider BW of the two if he wanted to go home and he wasnt in our best 22 anymore

I like those players, but theyre worth a little bit less than Baker imo. Both worth picks in the 20s for sure though as a minimum.
One of them + F2 for baker and our 3rd rounder back is probably close

Id only consider BW of the two if he wanted to go home and he wasnt in our best 22 anymore
LOL WTF? That would be a horrific deal for us.

Lose one of our best players and vice-captain for a fringe player and a (2nd round) 18-pick upgrade? :$

Lose one of our best players and vice-captain for a fringe player and a (2nd round) 18-pick upgrade? :$
How is that horrific LMAO. Neither are fringe, the only reason BW might not be in our best 22 is he is our second best ruckman, and our KPF stocks are absolutely elite.
BW would get a best 22 spot in most sides lmao, he probably stays in our best 22. Easily worth a pick in the early to mid 20s, making the deal reasonably close as a starting point if BW wanted to go home

Baker is a 170cm utility player who excels at no singular position, dont get ahead of yourself

How is that horrific LMAO. Neither are fringe, the only reason BW might not be in our best 22 is he is our second best ruckman, and our KPF stocks are absolutely elite.
BW would get a best 22 spot in most sides lmao, he probably stays in our best 22. Easily worth a pick in the early to mid 20s, making the deal reasonably close as a starting point if BW wanted to go home

Baker is a 170cm utility player who excels at no singular position, dont get ahead of yourself
Because we don't need a 2nd ruck and we already have Lefau doing Maric's role, but he's kicking twice as many goals in a worse team. You can't play Balta, Lynch, Lefau and Maric in the same forward line.

As for Williams - we already have Balta in the side as a 2nd ruck who is better forward than BW, plus we have Ryan and Kosi in the reserves if needed. And BW isn't going to displace our captain as 1st ruck. I like Bailey Williams and think he's under rated, but he's not for us.

And Baker is one of the best half backs in the league, and an excellent half forward.

They arent fringe players.

They are developing young talls in the best 22. Both just signed two year extensions and love the place. Highly rated by the club and fans who watch them.

Baker is 27 with kms on the clock and starting to show it, 4 decent years left maybe and as a 170cm role player that is not a cornerstone to any rebuilding side. Tigers fans need to acknowledge that Baker does not have 10 years left in the game and likely gets overtaken in 2 to 3 years by the kids. That isnt hard to comprehend people, its just how football careers go.

Its 100% up to Baker where he goes.

Time will tell who's correct.

So in other words, he is fringe?

Also, your KPF's are elite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back