Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Baker would be a nice get. But he isnt the missing peice for either Freo or the Eagles. Both WA clubs have bigger list issues to address than paying a 1st rounder for a nice role player and good bloke.

Been repeated several times by Tigers fans. Baker is worth more to Richmond than he is to either WA teams. And that is 100% true.

We have an unwilling seller in Richmond.

And two mildly interested purchasers in the WA clubs.

Its a conundrum would best describe this situation.

End of the day it will come down to Baker what happens........obviously. Feel he will be offered more $$ by the Tigers to stay, which is a tad abnormal as teams often pay overs in money to get a player to move. Eagles at 2nd in the $$ offerred as they have more free cap space coming up then Freo.

However both WA clubs will have any eye on Warner and will need close to $1.5 to $2 m pa to land him. Eagles will need the same in another 12 months to bump up Harley's 3rd year and even more pa after that if he extends.

This is one of the stranger player movement scenario's I will say. Age, player type, Richmond situation and the two WA clubs current situations makes for an interesting negotiation if it gets that far.
Freo have reportedly offered a 5 year deal.
I'd hardly call that "mildly interested".

However both WA clubs will have any eye on Warner and will need close to $1.5 to $2 m pa to land him.
This is why, one way or another, I'd like us to know what will happen with Chad Warner by the end of this year (unlikely as that is). Coz if that's just a pipe dream then ok, we're fine chasing fwd half targets that would probably be overs but will obviously be an upgrade on a fairly poor group of mediums/smalls, and we can back Raz as having a real future (I'm still fairly optimistic on how he projects as a player, but if he turns out bad we won't be the first fanbase to overhype a tall inside mid that kills it in the twos).

But if Warner coming to Freo is a real chance, not only do we need to allocate salary for the hefty contract, but we also probably need to trade Raz while he still has some value, coz with the young inside mids we already have + Warner, Raz has no real chance of getting inside mid minutes.

Wrong spot for it but surely Chad Warner is nothing but a pipe dream? Unless he’s unhappy in Sydney there’s no chance they’d be wanting him to leave

Why would Warner want to leave Sydney

Clear #1 team in the comp and young enough to compete for flags next 5 years with his brother at the club and will get a massive contract. Only just turned 23 and no reason why he wouldnt wait until free agency to cash in at Max value whilst having the best shot at a flag the next 3-4 years

Swans dont let player leave easily

Baker would be a nice get. But he isnt the missing peice for either Freo or the Eagles. Both WA clubs have bigger list issues to address than paying a 1st rounder for a nice role player and good bloke.

Been repeated several times by Tigers fans. Baker is worth more to Richmond than he is to either WA teams. And that is 100% true.

We have an unwilling seller in Richmond.

And two mildly interested purchasers in the WA clubs.

Its a conundrum would best describe this situation.

End of the day it will come down to Baker what happens........obviously. Feel he will be offered more $$ by the Tigers to stay, which is a tad abnormal as teams often pay overs in money to get a player to move. Eagles at 2nd in the $$ offerred as they have more free cap space coming up then Freo.

However both WA clubs will have any eye on Warner and will need close to $1.5 to $2 m pa to land him. Eagles will need the same in another 12 months to bump up Harley's 3rd year and even more pa after that if he extends.

This is one of the stranger player movement scenario's I will say. Age, player type, Richmond situation and the two WA clubs current situations makes for an interesting negotiation if it gets that far.
We are clearly not mildly interested. You may believe we are because of your obsession with draft picks but we definetly are not mild about it. We made him an offer the first time around when he was out of contract and are back after him a second time. We clearly have a desire

We are clearly not mildly interested. You may believe we are because of your obsession with draft picks but we definetly are not mild about it. We made him an offer the first time around when he was out of contract and are back after him a second time. We clearly have a desire
We make an offer to every player that wants to come home to WA if they have any value at all. We would be silly not to, not that many best 22 players want to come home usually. That doesnt mean that we are any more than mildly interested though, if Baker didnt express interest we wouldnt be chasing him

We make an offer to every player that wants to come home to WA if they have any value at all. We would be silly not to, not that many best 22 players want to come home usually. That doesnt mean that we are any more than mildly interested though, if Baker didnt express interest we wouldnt be chasing him
We definitely do not make 100 plus contract offers to anyone with a pulse. In fact we are too selective with it and saw that with our pursuit of Deven Robertson. Once he said no , we just had nothing else to look at

We definitely do not make 100 plus contract offers to anyone with a pulse. In fact we are too selective with it and saw that with our pursuit of Deven Robertson. Once he said no , we just had nothing else to look at
Not that many best 22 players want to come home, nowhere did I mention anything about throwing contracts at anything with a pulse lmao. Really dont know how you got that from what I said.

We were hardly an attractive prospect last year, very few out of contract players would want to come to the team who was worse than North for most of the year. If we couldnt attract Dev how tf are we meant to attract any better players?

Not that many best 22 players want to come home, nowhere did I mention anything about throwing contracts at anything with a pulse lmao. Really dont know how you got that from what I said.

We were hardly an attractive prospect last year, very few out of contract players would want to come to the team who was worse than North for most of the year. If we couldnt attract Dev how tf are we meant to attract any better players?
Sorry read you wrong and missed the coming home part. I don’t think we offered Jeremy Sharp a deal for example (really should have )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry read you wrong and missed the coming home part. I don’t think we offered Jeremy Sharp a deal for example (really should have )
All good haha
I think Sharp was always going to the Dockers unless we offered something he couldnt refuse, id like to think we enquired but got told pretty early on it was unlikely. Must have been a Dockers supporter growing up

A regular thing sounding out locals, nothing unusual or special about that

Other than Reid ,
Waterman is the only other player worth anything at the eagles for baker
Waterman is a WA boy and already shown he will have another 6 years at the club in his home state
No chance eagles or anybody would be able to convince him to move states and he will get paid the best at the eagles anyway. Pointless mentioning players in the age range the eagles are looking to bring into the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back