List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy will get a new contract soon and id be beyond surprised if he even contemplated leaving. He loves his team mates and has belief in our coach and coaching group
Kennedy could get an offer he can not refuse 600k a year for 4 or 5 years, which we maybe unable to match. As for team mate love, same was said about Eddie and Thouy

Kennedy could get an offer he can not refuse 600k a year for 4 or 5 years, which we maybe unable to match. As for team mate love, same was said about Eddie and Thouy

The same Tuohy that we pushed out of the club for more draft capital?

Carlton offered 280k for 3
Geelong 400k for 4 or 5
Point is love of team mates did not overcome the offer

We deliberately lowballed Tuohy to try and push him out of the club. How is that in any way similar to the Kennedy situation?

We deliberately lowballed Tuohy to try and push him out of the club. How is that in any way similar to the Kennedy situation?
Kennedy has no offer we are aware of from Carlton. We are limited by cap space. If we offer him 400 to 500k now for 4 or 5 years. He will take it. If we wait and he gets a 600k offer that might blow our salary cap. Kennedy is worth a lot to clubs like Richmond who lack contested ball winners.

Kennedy has no offer we are aware of from Carlton. We are limited by cap space. If we offer him 400 to 500k now for 4 or 5 years. He will take it. If we wait and he gets a 600k offer that might blow our salary cap. Kennedy is worth a lot to clubs like Richmond who lack contested ball winners.

Right. A few things.

1) Again, what's that got to do with Tuohy? Are we deliberately lowballing Kennedy in the hope that he walks?

2) You have no idea where negotiations are at between Kennedy and Carlton, none of us do. Let's not pretend otherwise.

3) Every club is limited by cap space.

4) We'd be mad to offer Kennedy a 5 year deal. Of course he'd take it. Won't happen.

Can we all talk about the elephant sized contract in the room… look, Zac Williams is a very good back flanker but I still believe we practiced financial malpractice with his contract. I mean, we have stocker now playing in the twos and I think hes a far better player than Williams is already. He looks like a younger doch when he’s playing. So I think, as good as the team is playing, Williams is replaceable and I wouldn’t mind dangling to him to north or any team who has the cap space. I’m actually glad he’s playing well because his value will go up but I think he isn’t really giving us what we are paying for. Trade him for a second and future second and use that to try to get into the top 10 for the draft. This contract will eventually come back to bite us especially when TDK comes out of contract and other clubs come calling.

Can we all talk about the elephant sized contract in the room… look, Zac Williams is a very good back flanker but I still believe we practiced financial malpractice with his contract. I mean, we have stocker now playing in the twos and I think hes a far better player than Williams is already. He looks like a younger doch when he’s playing. So I think, as good as the team is playing, Williams is replaceable and I wouldn’t mind dangling to him to north or any team who has the cap space. I’m actually glad he’s playing well because his value will go up but I think he isn’t really giving us what we are paying for. Trade him for a second and future second and use that to try to get into the top 10 for the draft. This contract will eventually come back to bite us especially when TDK comes out of contract and other clubs come calling.

Stocker is nowhere near the player Williams is.

TDK is out of contract end of 2023. 14 players come out of contract at the same time, whilst nearly 20 players come out of contract at the end of this year. I mean...exactly how quickly are you expecting TDK to develop into a superstar?

Williams may not be the midfielder we thought he may be when we brought him across, but we'd be mad to trade him. No club will take his contract and it doesn't do much for our attractiveness for other big name recruits.

TDK is out of contract end of 2023. 14 players come out of contract at the same time, whilst nearly 20 players come out of contract at the end of this year. I mean...exactly how quickly are you expecting TDK to develop into a superstar?

Williams may not be the midfielder we thought he may be when we brought him across, but we'd be mad to trade him. No club will take his contract and it doesn't do much for our attractiveness for other big name recruits.
First statement is wrong and I can tell you why but I’ll give it a couple of weeks when stocker gets his legs back under him and it’ll show for itself.

With a clean run and presumably another preseason under his belt TDK can absolutely wreak havoc in the comp this time next season. He’s currently playing a role in the team and pitto seems to be the man at the minute but you have to remember he also had an interrupted preseason and is showing the ticker to only get better.

I don’t really understand what your point is with all those contracts you’ve mentioned.. he comes out of contract when some massive names come out too. That’s not a good thing.

Only thing I agree with is your last statement but I just can’t see what other contracts we can move to actually make a difference in signing some of the elite players coming through and not hurting us on the field.

There will come a time when we will be discussing a cap squeeze and I just want to mention it before that day comes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

right now I would do a mid season trade with Dow for any of the following:
1) a Ruck/Forward who can take a grab and kick a goal
2) a key back, or
3) a lock down small/mid defender

I would love him to prove me wrong but I think right now we are filling roles in our side in 2 & 3 and he ain’t either of them and he ain’t done anything special the last 2 years in the inside mid role and the guys currently doing that job are currently the toast of the town

Aphrodite says this guy should post in List Management - I don’t think this Rhys-Jobes wannabe knows anything about trade values or list management but when the boss says jump….😋

First statement is wrong and I can tell you why but I’ll give it a couple of weeks when stocker gets his legs back under him and it’ll show for itself.

No. Either you’ve got a very short memory or you’re wildly overrating one of our own.

Stocker is a good young player, but he’s not at Williams’ level. Right now he’s not close.

With a clean run and presumably another preseason under his belt TDK can absolutely wreak havoc in the comp this time next season. He’s currently playing a role in the team and pitto seems to be the man at the minute but you have to remember he also had an interrupted preseason and is showing the ticker to only get better.

TDK is a terrific prospect, but he’s a while off wreaking havoc on the rest of the competition.

Again, this is just wild optimism.

I don’t really understand what your point is with all those contracts you’ve mentioned.. he comes out of contract when some massive names come out too. That’s not a good thing.

The point is pretty clear. We’ll have more than enough money for TDK without moving Williams on.

I suspect you’re grossly overstating how much TDK will command.

Only thing I agree with is your last statement but I just can’t see what other contracts we can move to actually make a difference in signing some of the elite players coming through and not hurting us on the field.

Players move off the list every year. We’ll likely clear over a million in salary at the end of the year alone.

Are we going to pretend the cap doesn’t increase year on year?

Or that we’ve spent the past few years front-ending contracts considerably to allow for further wriggle room?

There will come a time when we will be discussing a cap squeeze and I just want to mention it before that day comes.

You can mention it and it’s a valid discussion.

You’ve just chosen to ignore most of the facts in getting to your conclusion.

Kennedy will get a new contract soon and id be beyond surprised if he even contemplated leaving. He loves his team mates and has belief in our coach and coaching group
If Kennedy's form along with our success continues, he projects as one of the best valued FAs to target.

Regardless of your motivators, there is also a limit as to what you can leave on the table.

If Kennedy's form along with our success continues, he projects as one of the best valued FAs to target.

Regardless of your motivators, there is also a limit as to what you can leave on the table.
No chance he leaves. No chance he goes to a bottom club who can splash big dollars. Top clubs probably don't have the cash to splash. I'll say this again, no chance he leaves and leave it there. If people want to go on about something that won't happen and get all worried about it, be my guest

I love Stocker but he is nowhere near the level of Williams who as a half back flanker is all Australian level, whereas Stocker is just best 22 at this stage.
I get that some don’t like the size of his contract for a half back flanker and the impact that might have on our salary cap, but I think he has been very good in all 3 games this year .

Can we all talk about the elephant sized contract in the room… look, Zac Williams is a very good back flanker but I still believe we practiced financial malpractice with his contract.
Really can't see us being too stretched or more stretched than anyone else in our salary cap...
We have been pretty good in this area since SOS then Austin took over...

No doubt Williams is on big money (doubt it is as much as reported)..
I'm if it was an issue, we could do something about it, like extend his contract on less money or ask him to take a cut for the team..

Williams is replaceable and I wouldn’t mind dangling to him to north or any team who has the cap space. I’m actually glad he’s playing well because his value will go up but I think he isn’t really giving us what we are paying for. Trade him for a second and future second and use that to try to get into the top 10 for the draft.

Why would we trade him for 2 second round draft picks :confusedv1:

His an integral part of our back 6 and a lock 22 player when fit.

There's no guarantee TDK gets to that level. He's fantastic athlete but below average footballer (imo). Kicking is bad, handballs fall short regularly. Gets hands to the ball but doesn't hang on to marks. Tackling is great, though. Awareness seems poor too.

Heaps to work on. Which means upside is huge, but it's all potential at this stage.

It might all click soon. It might not.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Fisher OOC in 2023.
He's AFL quality, but more of a mid than a small forward.
He's never gonna crack a spot in our midfield/wings from here.
Eagles are gonna be desperate to lure talent in the offseason.
Will have cash and picks to burn.
Fish from WA.
Hope this post comes back to haunt me but...

94fbfd72-ccb0-4aad-9e62-96d3911e9b2f-fotolia_189530457_subscription_monthly_m.jpg
Unfortunately he's not going to go into many midfields, so what he needs to find is a system that affords him space and 30-40m passing options while playing off HF/wing/centre bounce (predominantly HF).

No doubt Williams is on big money (doubt it is as much as reported)..
I'm if it was an issue, we could do something about it, like extend his contract on less money or ask him to take a cut for the team..

Will be on a little less coin P/A with the supposed performance based component of the contract.

Barring injury / suspension, who forces their way into the 22 and who drops out?

Midfield
Dow
Carroll
Cuningham
Ed Curnow
Philp

With all of Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett and Kennedy going well, perhaps one extra comes in on the bench. O’Brien and Setterfield holding their spots.

I would have Cuningham as the extra. Philp as next in line. It’s about weapons and versatility.

Defence
McGovern
Saad
O’Mac
Plowman
Young
Williamson
Kemp
Marchbank
Stocker
Boyd
Newman

With McGovern and O’Mac injured for Round 3 and Saad out on H&S Protocols, we gave Young and Boyd a run and Plowman was the sub the week before.

McGovern, Saad and O’Mac play when fit and Boyd, Young and one of Newman or Plowman unlucky.

Stocker next in line in my opinion and then Kemp and Willismson after that.

Forward
Martin
Motlop
Honey

I would like to see Martin back in the 22 and it’s a tough call who goes out. Locks are Harry, Charlie, JSOS, and both Durdin and Owies deserve their spots in the 22. Fisher, doing ok but probably has to find the ball more. So Fisher to the bench and Martin to the flank.

If TDK can spend 7-10 minutes per quarter up forward that is rather handy.

Ruck
Mirkov

If one of Pitto or TDK is out injured or suspended, we should try JSOS, O’Mac or Young in the ruck.

If both TDK and Pitto out, we are in trouble and Markova gets a go, but don’t expect much around the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back