Little Athletic record Holders In The AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

We shook it and out fell Daisy. I’m assuming head hitting the ground first.

Nah I reckon that fruit was in pretty good nick when we caught it....managed to get every last bit of juice out of it before Carlton snatched it out of our hand...idiots

I was in u18 nationals high jump a long time ago - pretty sure I found the results a few years back and out of 24 entrants 4 or 5 played AFL. Ashley Sampi was definitely one of them. High jump would probably have the highest proportion of state champions to AFL players.

Koutoufides was U16 National champion in high jump & 110m hurdles. Dunno about holding any records, but it would be safe to say he’d have picked up some record or other at his school or athletics club along the journey.

Positive he had the state high jump record. I thought it was amazing that it was his record we were going for back in the day.

Again memory is fading a little here but I'd say Drew Petrie has a few records in underage athletics - think he won the nationals? Just looked it up but couldn't find anything though.

Jason Cripps, ******* insane some of the s**t he posted as a junior, freak, posted times in multiple sprint events which begger belief.

Nic Dal also held a record or 2.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise the Scott twins were so good as juniors, that 400 mtr time would be very competitive at state level, quickest i've seen from an u9 is 1.10, Jack Crisp ran 1.11 at the Albury open day as an u9 and that record still stands so 1.06 is astounding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back