Live 2008 Presidential election thread - McCain v Obama

Remove this Banner Ad

McCain carries Montana

genusmap.php

Obama 338
McCain 163

And I've called 47 out of 47 states correctly so far. :D (Actually 48/48 incl DC.)

Obama leads by 12,000 in North Carolina
Obama leads by 23,000 in Indiana
McCain leads by 6,000 in Missouri

If that holds, I'll get the last two wrong.

The hannity forums are a laugh a minute. I even registered there and post every now and again. There are some purely insane folks there.

Hey, Cop, how are you doing?

I started posting again at Gretawire two weeks ago after a stint back during the Primaries. Those self-righteous people are hilarious. They seriously thought McCain was going to win, even with EVERY National poll after Sept 25 EVERY day having President-elect Obama ahead. I didn't dare try to explain the individual state polls in the swing states and what they meant. I'll bet some committed suicide last night.

Hey, Cop, how are you doing?

I started posting again at Gretawire two weeks ago after a stint back during the Primaries. Those self-righteous people are hilarious. They seriously thought McCain was going to win, even with EVERY National poll after Sept 25 EVERY day having President-elect Obama ahead. I didn't dare try to explain the individual state polls in the swing states and what they meant. I'll bet some committed suicide last night.

Good mate, hope it's not getting too cold and windy up there yet ;)

There are some very irritated people here in Georgia right now. My wife once again complained about 'wasting her vote', but if you don't vote then you have no voice at all so she did her bit at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our pub went absolutely apeshit when Ohio went blue... O-HI-O, O-HI-O, O-HI-O! The best bit was watching the small group of Repupl-o-silly people cringing in the corner :D :D :D

Some of CamSmith's Hannity mates.

I'm afraid so. The only thing I can HOPE is that he doesn't CHANGE this country.

If so, any suggestions on a new country to adopt?

Australia is gorgeous! I am dying to go there. Steve Irwin was my hero and I wanted to go his zoo but never made it before he passed. But that is an option. Other than those god awful most poisnous snake in the world that live there. The Brown snake. EEKKK

Nah, bullshit. Where is Phil Ruddock when you need him?

It is not who votes that wins elections, its who counts the votes.

Wonder how many know Hugo Chavez may control the company that operates electronic voting machines in 17 states

I'm joining up soon. It's too much fun.

From a so-called Democrat (a Hillary supporter):

DeLana said:
I agree.

I had to turn off the TV just after 11:00 p.m. (when they declared him the winner) so I'll miss video of Osama bin Laden's (and Ahmadinejad's, Chavez's, HAMAS', etc etc) celebration party...

It's bad enough that the Republican supporters thought that Obama was linked to terrorism but that's really scary.

I've also heard the rumours about Obama not being born in the USA and thus ineligible to run for the presidency but this is the first time I've seen anyone post about it:

mslas4hillary said:
Because I am. We need to get this birth certificate found out for christ sake! I'm not surrendering and I hope you wont too, we have worked too hard to just get in line now. I don't care if the entire US went in the tank for obama, I will never back down! This man is clearly not a US born citizen and I advise you all to call your local authorities and complain, because if we the people wont rise against this BS than who else will? We have been soldout by our government and the idiots in this country! I feel invisible! Will good ever conquer?

P.U.M.A needs to start organizing major riots or protests or whatever you want to call it. We can't just sit here and do nothing, the birth certifictae needs to be outed by WE THE PEOPLE.

Just noticed AP has called Indiana for Obama. (Damn, that's one wrong for me.)

Obama 349
McCain 163

It's a huge swing so your call was understandable. Quite close.
Missouri has been called red by wiki btw, if that means anything. only NC I can't see any results, last night it wasn't resolved I don't think according to CNN or politico. If anyone could tell me results I'd be good.

For people saying they're surprised that this didn't get larger, this victory is all Obama could hope for, everything turned to gold. Colorado, NM, Nevada, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, Florida, Penn and possibly NC, Obama expected some, I'm not sure if he expected all, he got them though. This is a huge victory, Florida didn't matter, Ohio, Indiana, Penn all taken. GOP margins slashed since last election. Comfortable red states like Montana becoming iffy (McCain only won by 3%, that aint much). States like Missouri, Virginia now become true battleground purple states. Dems re-affirm their hold on Pacific and NE states. It's a big victory. I didn't predict Indiana or Virginia so this surpassed my expectations (and hopes). Well done Obama, and well done America.

I'm joining up soon. It's too much fun.

After reading the non-sensical ramblings on the hillary clinton forum last night, I was planning on joining as Barack H. Obama II and writing a long post detailing my planned destruction for the America you know and love. I figured they are so loopy they'd believe it but they had blocked new registrations.

I was dissapointed.

Rahm Emanuel is Obama's Chief of Staff according to ABC.

Good to see Obama getting to business early.

This guy is afraid of Stephen Colbert.

Also, he served as a civilian volunteer for the Israel army during the Gulf War - even though he was born in the US. If I was a US citizen, would be concerned that his primary loyalty may be towards another country.

Not a good start for "change". :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by mslas4hillary
Because I am. We need to get this birth certificate found out for christ sake! I'm not surrendering and I hope you wont too, we have worked too hard to just get in line now. I don't care if the entire US went in the tank for obama, I will never back down! This man is clearly not a US born citizen and I advise you all to call your local authorities and complain, because if we the people wont rise against this BS than who else will? We have been soldout by our government and the idiots in this country! I feel invisible! Will good ever conquer?

P.U.M.A needs to start organizing major riots or protests or whatever you want to call it. We can't just sit here and do nothing, the birth certifictae needs to be outed by WE THE PEOPLE.

hahaha lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-uptake/mccain-responds-to-arab-a_b_133820.html

Female reporter: His dad is Muslim His dad was Muslim. Barack Obama has never been a Muslim.

Quinnell: No but he's....

Dana Bash of CNN: He's a Christian.

Quinnell: He's not an Arab either, he's a --

Bash: His father was Muslim, and he's a Christian.

Quinnell: Yeah, but he's still got Muslim in him. So that's still part of him. I got all the stuff from the library and I could send you all kinds of stuff on him. In fact....

Have to laugh at those sites. Some of the comments on there really prove how stupid some Americans are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back