News Lumumba's documentary and recent comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Well now H is calling the project panel white supremacists.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...w/news-story/497a1669d55aeed82648818119dedfab

FMD H !!

Waleed gave you a more than fair hearing, the program allowed you to voice your discontent with the club and yet you still seem dissatisfied.

Seek some professional help mate.
Read through two thirds of the article thinking the headline was a bit of a beat up then I got to this quote. If Lumumba held such discontent (also including criticism regarding Waleed Aly's response to Ali's death and an interview with Sonia Kruger) why do the one on one pre-recorded interview in the first place?

Waleed Aly and the project's response might be worth watching though.

“Aly’s team at The Project is complicit in contributing to the growing ‘inertia’ of racist vitriol that ‘spins like the Gravitron’ that pervades Australian society. I will never forget what happened last year, when The Project targeted my young and talented brother, Ror Akot, by subjecting him to a viciously disgusting and downright degrading use of his image, to portray the so-called ‘Apex Gang’,” he wrote.

“The fact is, that Aly’s team at The Project were prepared to prioritise their agenda to sensationalise ‘African Australian’ youth delinquency, while simultaneously inflicting pain — that Waleed and his team are clearly indifferent to — by destroying an innocent (‘black’) person’s image. That is a perfect example of ‘White supremacy’.”

Raising Aly’s past commentary on race issues, Lumumba took issue with the way the popular presenter responded to the death of Muhammad Ali — saying the boxing legend celebrated “black supremacy” — and his response to To day Extra presenter Sonia Kruger’s suggestion that Australia should ban Muslim immigration.

Lumumba said he disagreed with how Aly responded to the pile-on that followed Kruger’s comments by “pleading for the outrage towards her comments to stop” and saying she was suffering from “horrendous personal attacks”.

I feel conflicted about this bloke. I can't stand the thought of any element of racism at the club and want it highlighted if it exists so we can deal with it effectively.

The problem with H is himself. I think he can be a very effective voice in Australia but he needs to sort himself out first. Emotional outbursts do not a leader make.

Hopefully something constructive can be salvaged.
Personally, I think this little episode has put an end to his chances of becoming an effective voice. Who will seriously respect his future claims and proclamations?

No doubt there has been a great deal done wrong by the African and black communities world wide. I think as a society we need to be more aware of that, the issue I have with all of this is we are losing our ability to think and talk freely without fear of being judged.

You should be able to have a joke, just because you are politically incorrect doesn't mean you're a racist, a homophobe a mysoginst...we become more and more like soviet Russia.

No doubt there has been a great deal done wrong by the African and black communities world wide. I think as a society we need to be more aware of that, the issue I have with all of this is we are losing our ability to think and talk freely without fear of being judged.

You should be able to have a joke, just because you are politically incorrect doesn't mean you're a racist, a homophobe a mysoginst...we become more and more like soviet Russia.

Soviet Russia probably isn't a good example. Racism and homophobia were rampant throughout the Soviet reign and the Soviets enacted multiple racist policies that led to the death of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Soviet citizens.

How many indigenous societies have invaded other countries?
How many countries have the British, French and Spanish invaded between them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They may be white, but they are still indigenous (to somewhere)
So? Over the past 500 years European countries such as England, France, Spain and Portugal have decimated indigenous cultures all over the world. This cannot be denied or glossed over.

Postcolonialism is quite a heavily theorised area of inquiry, and the concerns of Heritier and the language he's using suggests that he's a bit immersed in it. He seems fixated upon an idea that there are 'regimes' of oppression which operate even in the absence of overt power (e.g. which might manifest in a guy like him conforming to the 'banter' of racial jokes), and that older racial ideas persist in more covert --and therefore perhaps more insidious-- ways.

Hertier seems sure that most people just don't understand what he's going on about, and the thing is, he's right. If he's dabbling in some very abstract concepts, and if he believes that those concepts have some practical application in Australian life, then the abstract needs to be made a lot more concrete.

Strangely enough according to some studies the Australian aborigine crossed the land bridge, invaded and wiped out the then 'original inhabitants' of this continent but let's not get distracted from the running diatribe eh??

Strangely enough according to some studies the Australian aborigine crossed the land bridge, invaded and wiped out the then 'original inhabitants' of this continent but let's not get distracted from the running diatribe eh??
So it's just evolution then?

s**t no it's the nature of the beast jmac.

Best information have is we as a species are directly related to the great apes with the chimpanzee being our closest relative.

Study the nature of chimpanzees in the wild -, they are intelligent, inventive and caring - speaking of the species as a whole.

BUT

They are also highly territorial and not above attacking another troop if they believe they have the advantage.
Capable of homicidal rage - both singularly and as a group.
Cunning and secretive if given cause to be.

All of these traits are observable in us - both white and non white.

Every great civilisation back to the dawn of recorded history - white and non white - came to greatness partly due to the subjugation of weaker races.

Taken from a long term historical viewpoint the greatest number of crimes against other races have been perpetrated by non whites simply because white western civilisation has only recently - in a historical sense - risen to 'dominance'.

The oppression of the original inhabitants of this country is a matter of public knowledge, and a shameful one at that but verbally attacking everyone on sight simply because they don't agree with or understand the long struggle for equality is NOT clever tactics.

Without finger pointing there have been many politically correct whites who don't do the cause any good whatsoever because they simply don't understand the issues.

In a nutshell jmac I sympathise with the issues H is espousing but trying to set himself up as a visionary and striking out blindly at all and sundry just makes him look foolish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back