Gaming Madden 18

Connected Franchise or Tournament

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just played a game online versus a cheeser.

He was up 15-12 under 40 seconds left, 1st and goal. I had one timeout left. He could've just iced the game, but went for it.

I pulled off a magnificent deep bomb, toe tapper along the sideline. Ran some pass plays that got me inside the 20, then 10, but with 5 secs to go, 4th and Goal, I went for it because there was so much lag, I already missed two PATs and two FGs during the game....

Haha. Lag ruined a couple of my games yesterday, EA need to spend some of that madden fortune they have amassed on some decent servers!

Haha. Lag ruined a couple of my games yesterday, EA need to spend some of that madden fortune they have amassed on some decent servers!
Probably more to do with Australian internet speeds being s**t
We are ranked #56 in the world....
Got better internet in places like Ukraine and panama

Probably more to do with Australian internet speeds being s**t
We are ranked #56 in the world....
Got better internet in places like Ukraine and panama

Yeah for us that probably the main issue however I watch a stream now & then & it appears to be an issue for everyone to some extent.

Some ground rules to these sliders.

1. Must choose game speed SLOW and save them in your main settings.
2. Choose 6 min QTRs for purpose of testing, it's a good enough game length.
3. Must persevere with the game you play vs CPU....stats and general observations will change and even out as game progresses.
4. If you choose Dolphins as your team (for instance) who are rated 76, make sure you play a game versus a team of equal rating, a team of lower rating, and a team of higher rating. Even choose different types of offensive styles -- eg, Panthers with Newton who scrambles, Patriots with Brady as master QB, etc.
5. Be patient because you're used to playing on All-Pro with the easy sliders, so as you play games with these sliders, it will take some getting used to as you adapt to it.
6. Try to break the game sliders by running the cheese plays you use over and over. I found with my cheese that it worked two plays in a row, but the CPU cottons on. You might have to go away from the cheese for a drive, and back again, it will work a little before the CPU cottons on again. You should find you have to go away from your cheese and try other things, tho you can always go back to your cheese, but again, have to go away from it.

GAME OPTIONS
SKILL LEVEL = ALL-MADDEN
Game Speed = SLOW
Qtr Length = 6 Mins
Minimum Playclock = 25 seconds
Accelerated Clock = OFF
Defensive Auto Strafe = OFF
Defensive Ball Hawk = ON
Defensive Heat Seeker = ON
Defensive Switch Assist = ON

PLAYER SLIDERS
QB ACCURACY = 60
PASS BLOCKING = 77
WR CATCHING = 60
RUN BLOCKING = 77
FUMBLES = 50
REACTION TIME = 100
INTERCEPTIONS = 70
PASS COVERAGE = 100
TACKLING = 40

CPU SLIDERS
QB ACCURACY = 15
PASS BLOCKING = 40
WR CATCHING = 30
RUN BLOCKING = 77
FUMBLES = 50
REACTION TIME = 100
INTERCEPTIONS = 35
PASS COVERAGE = 100
TACKLING = 40

Some observations or explanations of these sliders and how it affects gameplay.

The main issue with EA's Madden coding is that drag and deep crossing routes are overpowered. And you need to ensure for both you and the cpu that REACTION TIME and PASS COVERAGE are maxed out. To tighten the DB/WR interplay. Even maxed out, they are still effective, but less so. You certainly can't keep doing it over and over because the AI decides to either make an edge rusher or interior lineman/LB burst thru the next time and sack you or force you to hurry a throw for an INT. The balance tho is achieved by having the PASS BLOCKING etc factored in, as well as game speed SLOW which buys you a second in the pocket to react to a hurry and make a choice, at least you get a choice to do something. The bad and good effects of that choice are pretty 50:50.

The CPU QB ACCURACY must be this low to get some errant throws from them. Otherwise, they go 28/30 or 15/17 every game. Instead, you get a more realistic 50-65 percent rate....depending on the skill level of the CPU QB. Brady vs Kizer, etc. CPU WR CATCHING must also be this low so you get the occasional drop from them. Sometimes it's a pretty bad wide open drop. But at least it keeps putting the CPU team in 3rd down situations that it has to fight out of. CPU INTs MUST be this low because if they're higher, every single pass you throw ends up picked. Instead, at what I have them, you get more defensed passes, broken up passes, dropped INTs. You don't throw an unrealistic 5 or more INTs a game. But a more realistic 0-3....depending how bad you're cheesing. Even with PLAYER INTs up at 70, you don't get many yourself either. It works out more evenly, where both you and the CPU team throw about the same picks a game. 0-2 picks each, or CPU team throws 1 and you throw 2. That type of thing.

The CPU's pass blocking is way overpowered, so it has to come down. At 40, you can get thru the line quicker, and this also has a good balanced effect on the QB feeling pressure and throwing an errant pass, throwing it away, throwing to the wrong read and falling short of the first down marker. But the main problem with the game is how underpowered RUN BLOCKING is for both you and the CPU team. At what I have it, you get a very good balance thru the entire game, where sometimes the CPU breaks off chunks of yards, and you don't at first, but as you work thru your play-calling, you start to slow them down and increase your output. Sometimes you get gaping holes and long TDs scored by you or the CPU, but they soon bottle you up and you bottle them up with some effort. What also greatly helps having a realistic running game is the TACKLING slider. Down this low for the CPU, your RB (and Kick Returners) and WRs can fight off some tackles, break some, get a few extra yards. As you see in the NFL often. It's pretty realistic now both running the ball and defending their run. Power Runners like J.Stewart will break tackles on you and get chunks of yards, or those animations where they get tackled but momentum drives them forward for another 2 yards. And the same happens for you. But you can't keep cheesing the run, or the same run, because again, the AI starts making the edge rushers or interior lineman break blocks and tackle you for a loss. Especially realistic is when youre defending a goalline stand. At times you see the CPU OL open a gap and the RB powers thru with tacklers draped over him. Sometimes he has a huge hole and gets thru untouched. Sometimes you break blocks and get 3 and out goalline stands. It works out pretty evenly.

Game speed of SLOW is imperative. It's a more realistic speed of player. But also it just buys you a second in every situation. Returning a punt or kick. As a QB in the pocket under heavy blitz. As a RB dancing thru traffic around the LOS. Etc.

In my games, I had vastly different and interesting things happen. There were fumbles while diving into the endzone, blocked kicks, pick sixes, broken tackles on 3rd and medium that resulted in first downs. I saw elite QBs adapting to my interior pressure and starting to throw goalline fades for TDs, making tons of pre-snap adjustments based on what I was doing previous plays to thwart them, causing me to go away from those things to find new things to thwart the thing they were now doing. Basically, there was just a LOT of really interesting things going on in the games. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the CPU on All-Madden and with these sliders. It felt like playing a human. I'm kind of addicted to playing the CPU now with these sliders. It's pretty fun, and challenging without being frustrating or unrealistic.

You're never going to get exact/perfect stats. But it's pretty decent how each game ebbs and flows and sometimes the CPU team is struggling with the pass but doing well on the ground and it just pans out that way, when the next time you play that same team, the run might not work so well but the pass does. And you notice the same for yourself. Each game becomes a different "beast".

Some ground rules to these sliders.

1. Must choose game speed SLOW and save them in your main settings.
2. Choose 6 min QTRs for purpose of testing, it's a good enough game length.
3. Must persevere with the game you play vs CPU....stats and general observations will change and even out as game progresses.
4. If you choose Dolphins as your team (for instance) who are rated 76, make sure you play a game versus a team of equal rating, a team of lower rating, and a team of higher rating. Even choose different types of offensive styles -- eg, Panthers with Newton who scrambles, Patriots with Brady as master QB, etc.
5. Be patient because you're used to playing on All-Pro with the easy sliders, so as you play games with these sliders, it will take some getting used to as you adapt to it.
6. Try to break the game sliders by running the cheese plays you use over and over. I found with my cheese that it worked two plays in a row, but the CPU cottons on. You might have to go away from the cheese for a drive, and back again, it will work a little before the CPU cottons on again. You should find you have to go away from your cheese and try other things, tho you can always go back to your cheese, but again, have to go away from it.

GAME OPTIONS
SKILL LEVEL = ALL-MADDEN
Game Speed = SLOW
Qtr Length = 6 Mins
Minimum Playclock = 25 seconds
Accelerated Clock = OFF
Defensive Auto Strafe = OFF
Defensive Ball Hawk = ON
Defensive Heat Seeker = ON
Defensive Switch Assist = ON

PLAYER SLIDERS
QB ACCURACY = 60
PASS BLOCKING = 77
WR CATCHING = 60
RUN BLOCKING = 77
FUMBLES = 50
REACTION TIME = 100
INTERCEPTIONS = 70
PASS COVERAGE = 100
TACKLING = 40

CPU SLIDERS
QB ACCURACY = 15
PASS BLOCKING = 40
WR CATCHING = 30
RUN BLOCKING = 77
FUMBLES = 50
REACTION TIME = 100
INTERCEPTIONS = 35
PASS COVERAGE = 100
TACKLING = 40

Havent played much franchise for a while so tried these settings & had a close enjoyable game & yes, cant just run the same old same old & march down the field, got to mix it up.

Thanks and much :heart: for testing them out and giving some feedback.

No problem, just had another good game, only issue was I took the lead late & then Carolina didnt use any of their timeouts on their final drive, nothing to do with the settings I'd say but I don't recall that happening before, I'll take the win but they probably could have tied with a long field goal had they used them.

Oh & I forced a fumble from Newton, that got me jumping;)

No problem, just had another good game, only issue was I took the lead late & then Carolina didnt use any of their timeouts on their final drive, nothing to do with the settings I'd say but I don't recall that happening before, I'll take the win but they probably could have tied with a long field goal had they used them.

Oh & I forced a fumble from Newton, that got me jumping;)

Yeah I don't think the sliders has any effect there. I see that happen all the time in my infamous Live Streams vs CPU games. Dodgy game management by the CPU HC. And other times they do take TO's etc.

I'm really addicted now to playing the CPU with these settings, but i have to sleep today before my head explodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remembering some things that happened during my 50 games last night of testing this. (yes, i played about 50 games back-to-back and was up till about 6 in the morning).....

CPU was down by 9 late in the 3rd Qtr, on my 30 yard line. They went for the fake FG and got it. Eventually tho, they got stalled at my goalline and had to take the 3.

Late in an another game, I scored a TD to take the lead by 2, kick to come. They blocked my PAT and there was a huge foot race between their slower LB and two or three of my DBs. All the way down the sideline, the CPU was doing little nifty moves to get away from the diving tackles, my DBs kept coming, eventually I pulled him down inside my 5. PHEW. Managed to hold their final drive off, they had a long FG try and it went wide right.

Just remember Brady cottoning on to my internal blitzes and like a master starting to throw tons of delicate rainbow lobs and fade passes in the back of the endzone. When before he was having trouble with me congesting the middle with hook zones.

I saw KR and PR TDs either by me or the opposition. Big hit-sticks from the kick-off that caused a fumble return TD, or where the returner broke some tackles and was over the 40 but then had the ball stripped loose as he darted back inside, resulting in me returning the fumble back down the field almost to the endzone.

Saw their RBs dance or bulldozer for awesome 70 yard TDs, only to get cocky later and lose fumbles being overly nifty or trying to truck everyone.

Games where comebacks were made and fell short, or chokes were had, either by me or them.

Had a deep hail mary throw at the end of the half bounce off a pack of players and fly 10 yards the other way right into the hands of some other passer-by who took the TD in.

Low awareness QBs who scrambled in the pocket, panicked under pressure, and threw literally a 3 inch pass to some FB in the flat, still in the endzone, which resulted in a safety.

And many other weird and wonderful things.

If you're into that sort of thing :eek: ;)

I'd rather a close game, it's a bit hazy but reckon I got bored/frustrated with franchise because it was often one of either me flogging the cpu or cpu hosing me;) & so far this seems to be about where my level is at.

Just remembering some things that happened during my 50 games last night of testing this. (yes, i played about 50 games back-to-back and was up till about 6 in the morning).....

CPU was down by 9 late in the 3rd Qtr, on my 30 yard line. They went for the fake FG and got it. Eventually tho, they got stalled at my goalline and had to take the 3.

Late in an another game, I scored a TD to take the lead by 2, kick to come. They blocked my PAT and there was a huge foot race between their slower LB and two or three of my DBs. All the way down the sideline, the CPU was doing little nifty moves to get away from the diving tackles, my DBs kept coming, eventually I pulled him down inside my 5. PHEW. Managed to hold their final drive off, they had a long FG try and it went wide right.

Just remember Brady cottoning on to my internal blitzes and like a master starting to throw tons of delicate rainbow lobs and fade passes in the back of the endzone. When before he was having trouble with me congesting the middle with hook zones.

I saw KR and PR TDs either by me or the opposition. Big hit-sticks from the kick-off that caused a fumble return TD, or where the returner broke some tackles and was over the 40 but then had the ball stripped loose as he darted back inside, resulting in me returning the fumble back down the field almost to the endzone.

Saw their RBs dance or bulldozer for awesome 70 yard TDs, only to get cocky later and lose fumbles being overly nifty or trying to truck everyone.

Games where comebacks were made and fell short, or chokes were had, either by me or them.

Had a deep hail mary throw at the end of the half bounce off a pack of players and fly 10 yards the other way right into the hands of some other passer-by who took the TD in.

Low awareness QBs who scrambled in the pocket, panicked under pressure, and threw literally a 3 inch pass to some FB in the flat, still in the endzone, which resulted in a safety.

And many other weird and wonderful things.

I had similar when I snotted Newton who fumbled & my lineman picked it up, he was already gassed but stumbled his way 40 yards for the td with my controller vibrating like mad all the way & with 2 other fat campaigners chasing him...only problem was it got called back for an illegal block in the back, but at least I had the ball.

I had similar when I snotted Newton who fumbled & my lineman picked it up, he was already gassed but stumbled his way 40 yards for the td with my controller vibrating like mad all the way & with 2 other fat campaigners chasing him...only problem was it got called back for an illegal block in the back, but at least I had the ball.
I'm like you. I just get bored of either torching a predictable thing, lose interest immediately. Or, where if the CPU wins it's by some absolute horseshit that had no previous valid thing to back it up. And having weird crazy s**t happen thru a game is always funny/fun.

Sorry to toot my own horn, but damn these sliders of mine are great.

Had a few games tonight, all of them action-packed, thrill-o-minute games. I should really start streaming these games because so much happens in the course of a game, momentum shifters.

Anyway, decided to upload some highlights of my last Dolphins-Bears game.

Bears get the ball, stuff their run, forced to punt. Dolphins drive upfield methodically, but then throw a poor pick.

Bears run aint going anywhere, on 3rd and long, Trubisky feels the pressure and starts to scramble but then sees a wide open Bear downfield for a TD.

Bears 7-0

Dolphins get the run going, but again Tannehill turns the ball over. Resulting drive Bears drive upfield mix of nice little runs and clever passes. Capped off with the big lug Trubisky barging over, middle of the 2nd Qtr.

Bears 14-0

Dolphins settle down and mix up their play-calling, get all the way into the redzone, and a toss sweep results in a TD with 3 seconds left in the half.

Bears 14-7

From the kick-off, Dolphins return it all the way with no time left on the clock.

Bears 14-Dolphins 14

In the second half, the game becomes an arm-wrestle, with both teams getting to half-way but forced to punt. But finally, middle of the 4th Qtr, with the Dolphins selling out to stop a third and short, Howard bulldozes a guy over and scampers for a TD.

Bears 21-14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_rAkVh-ej8

Dolphins put away the conservative approach and start taking a few risks, results in a fine TD late in the 4th Qtr

Bears 21-Dolphins 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfjmPWc8mDM

Bears get stalled around half-way, on 4th and 4 around halfway. They go for a fake punt, and it pays off. They manage to get to me 35, on 4th and 5 they go for the fake FG but this time they're pulled down short of the first down marker (almost got there).

There's barely a minute left. Dolphins manage to get the ball just over half-way, a sack or two from the Bears, about 15 seconds left, Tannehill again goes for broke and it results in an unlikely TD.

Dolphins 28-21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdsTEXyAAHs

Bears receive the kick-off, they break a few tackles and are sprinting down the sideline, but cover comes over, so their runner runs backwards/sideways back in-field (you never see that from the CPU) and gets around a guy or two, but finally is pushed out of bounds around my 20.

The new Position Heroes challenges have proved worthwhile having just sold off some of the proceeds for >$100k. Another $100k to go to put me in the ballpark for 97 Vick, getting twitchy;)

The new Position Heroes challenges have proved worthwhile having just sold off some of the proceeds for >$100k. Another $100k to go to put me in the ballpark for 97 Vick, getting twitchy;)

Yeah the Easter and PH solos have been nice, decent rewards.

I got sick of using a Vick, swapped to 94 Luck for awhile haha.

Just picked up 98 (now 99 with chem bump) Rob Woodson in the UL giveaway, what a card:eek:

Loving the Easter Scramble ones. Quick, easy challenges but you get great players out of it.

Sounds like I need to do PH next.

Anyone done the MUT heroes?
The 2nd lot is out but I never did the first set.

PH def worth it, you get a pick of a 94 ovr player & a bunch of auctionable swag.

Did the Offense Def Heroes a while back & wanted to do the Defensive ones but you have to pay to unlock it &, other than the cost of the game, I don't pay extra...ever;).

Just on 97 Vick, & other high value cards as well I assume, the price had dropped a fair bit today, I guess because of a bunch of good cards being given away - grind out another 10k & he's mine.

Back