FTA-TV MAFS: Where you get matching tatts before you've even hid the snag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All MAFS watchers and posters.

This thread is given a lot of rope with posting especially around insults of contestants (mostly deserved) BUT you need to ensure to abide by the site rules on profanity, racism, homophobia, sexism, misogyny etc etc etc.

Ill be explicitly clear, a minor infraction will get a deletion and a warning, a second minor infraction will be a thread ban, a serious infraction will be an automatic thread ban or worse.

The show is in poor taste (probably why we love it) and thus the posting can also be but there is a line and we need to remember and respect that.

Yeah I’m now becoming very suspicious about the number of horse references that went to air.

I reckon every instance of the word found it’s way in.

back when I used to assist on Neighbours, the audio mixer would put dog barking noises over the girls he thought were ugly...

I found that pretty hard to watch.

I thought Cam and Bryce actually handled themselves better than some of the instigators really.. Bec is a mole, fake girl Sam is a mole and bloke Sam is just a deadset w***er.

Of course it was homophobic. We don't need to air it/address it for everyone to know that. It's out there, like many other videos that the cast put up after they have left the show. That's not part of the show. that happened outside the show. We will never touch that stuff. If it had happened in the confines of the show, then Jason probably would have been kicked off.

As far as using him ignoring Georgia and us using it in a different context, well, what else were we meant to do? The entire episode is based on how they greet each other after a long time away. He would have known the video would not have been discussed. How are we meant to cheat that they are all fine and dandy?

Here's something - He literally screamed at Kerry, calling her a homophobe as well, when she had nothing to do with it. She spent 80% of the night crying. I bet he would have loved seeing that go to air.
You still aired it and cut it to show that the ONLY reason he brushed Georgia was because of the vows, which is fundamentally untrue.

It’s also disengneous to claim that you only use stuff that happened in the show, we’ve seen the contestants call Bryces secret girlfriend on the air a bunch of times now, she has nothing to do with the show.

I’m not having a go at you and frankly Liam does look like a flog as well but people who only watch the show and don’t trawl social media would have only thought that Liam was ignoring Georgia for the vows last night and that’s completely untrue.

He obviously has a right to be upset about the video, but on the night, no one was safe from his tirade. With him knowing that it wouldn't be aired, I feel like we actually gave him the softest out possible. It didn't escalate with whatsherface after he entered. He didn't look that bad at all.
I’m also curious, how did he know the video stuff wouldn’t be aired? Did you tell him that before the dinner?

I’m also curious, how did he know the video stuff wouldn’t be aired? Did you tell him that before the dinner?
The EP definitely would have. And probably would have reminded him a few times as well.

I get your point re Bryce's secret girlfriend, but it's slightly different. That stuff got brought into the show to the point where it had to be shown, or there was nothing else to show (and also it doesn't go into territory that channel 9 don't like). Another good example of this was the whole toothbrush thing. Channel didn't want to show it at all. It happened during a week off and they just wanted to bury it. But come the dinner party it's all they spoke about.

The EP definitely would have. And probably would have reminded him a few times as well.

I get your point re Bryce's secret girlfriend, but it's slightly different. That stuff got brought into the show to the point where it had to be shown, or there was nothing else to show (and also it doesn't go into territory that channel 9 don't like). Another good example of this was the whole toothbrush thing. Channel didn't want to show it at all. It happened during a week off and they just wanted to bury it. But come the dinner party it's all they spoke about.

This is probably a difficult question or one which you wouldn't necessarily answer if you did have an answer;
Do the producers of this show think this season was a success?
Channel 9 for that fact - is it just ratings?
Would they consider trying to reign it back a little next year or are they just after the most outrageous dramas they can come across?

And it was filmed 3 days before the dinner party reunion... so you can see why Liam was fuming at Pinky.

His actions the dinner party prior towards her were hardly glowing let’s be real

This is probably a difficult question or one which you wouldn't necessarily answer if you did have an answer;
Do the producers of this show think this season was a success?
Channel 9 for that fact - is it just ratings?
Would they consider trying to reign it back a little next year or are they just after the most outrageous dramas they can come across?

They do! Especially the head honcho. He thinks it's better than season 6. That is purely subjective though. And I think you have to consider what the goal was this season, which was to simply avoid the s**t show of the season prior. So to answer your last question, yes they definitely wanted to dial it back.

However, they also know that the high drama stuff is what people are after. This season has proven that you don't need the Hayley's of the world to achieve that. This has been a bit of a balancing act since season 6 when channel 9 made a complaint half way through going to air that the cast was too crass.
So they know we need the scandal, but we need to treat it like it's an episode of Grey's Anatomy and not Geordie Shore. I don't think the abusive relationship stuff bothers them. I don't think they get it/care. It's basically Tim Costello and his values.

I'm not sure what channel 9 think this year as I haven't been in any screenings with them. I know they like it, but I couldn't tell you where it sits on the list for them.

Look, Liam.

Don't expect to be the hero when you literally walk past your ex. It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that sh*t doesn't go down well. And I'm guessing you're upset because we didn't include the real reason you were upset at her*. The problem there is that doesn't make good telly.

You aren't good looking enough to behave like this. You look like a busted Cubism painting. And no one actually cares about you. This is the Bryce show.

Now piss off back to obscurity.

*he was carrying on about the video with Jason calling him gay and literally calling everyone homophobes.
In his defence, he did walk past Jason too... first. But that wasn't shown because 9 have an agenda to put forward. Plus Kerry had obviously been crying and no reasons to why, no wonder she and Johnny were hardly shown at all.
I undestand why he's pissed. The problem here is, it's made the public HATE him. That's not right. If people knew the real story they wouldn't be so judgemental. Putting people's mental health in jeopardy.

In the same vein, people sign up for these shows WILLINGLY, sign contracts and know the risks in terms of editing. A former Bachelor contestant said she got a really bad edit and whilst she did say those things, she was egged on by producers. They told her if she didn't start making comments about other people she'd be sent home early. And maybe she should have just let herself be sent home instead of sacrificing her integrity - I would.

Should there be more accountability by networks? I think so. Will there ever be? No. 9 is there to make money like the rest of them, they don't care about the people on their shows. It's like every other reality TV show, doesn't matter what channel it is. Drama sells unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should there be more accountability by networks? I think so. Will there ever be? No.

There may be. The shows make them money and if the participants refuse to do the shows because conditions don't improve then there's a problem.

But I'm not sure how these shows are ever gonna match the expectations of the people going on them.

I found that pretty hard to watch.

I thought Cam and Bryce actually handled themselves better than some of the instigators really.. Bec is a mole, fake girl Sam is a mole and bloke Sam is just a deadset w***er.
Bryce was honestly the bigger man than most last night. Greeted everyone politely and shook hands even when they didn't get up for him, restrained himself when he was being provoked, let Melissa have her moment, started conversation and took interest in the relations of everyone else.

I don't think he could have come out of that any better. Like I said before, his turnaround was almost as good as Dean's.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

when she had nothing to do with it.
I beg to differ. She was apparently there, in that video with them. In fact I think I hear her laughing at one point. She was there and NEVER stood up for Liam, just let Jason talk s**t about him. If you are silent, you are complicit imo. The video was edited too, it's pretty clear. Jason went on a racist rant about Alana too.
Kerry bawled her eyes out in defence of Johnny because Johnny's brother is gay. Well love, he really did make the comments so you can't defend him. They all wanted LIAM to apologise when he was the victim smh.

There's another video of Liam now .... part 2. I'm glad he's speaking his truth.

Bryce was honestly the bigger man than most last night. Greeted everyone politely and shook hands even when they didn't get up for him, restrained himself when he was being provoked, let Melissa have her moment, started conversation and took interest in the relations of everyone else.

I don't think he could have come out of that any better. Like I said before, his turnaround was almost as good as Dean's.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Can’t stand him but he did nothing wrong last night

Actually had a level head and whilst he is a flog, you could clearly tell he was on his best behavior

I beg to differ. She was apparently there, in that video with them. In fact I think I hear her laughing at one point. She was there and NEVER stood up for Liam, just let Jason talk sh*t about him. If you are silent, you are complicit imo. The video was edited too, it's pretty clear. Jason went on a racist rant about Alana too.
Kerry bawled her eyes out in defence of Johnny because Johnny's brother is gay. Well love, he really did make the comments so you can't defend him. They all wanted LIAM to apologise when he was the victim smh.

There's another video of Liam now .... part 2. I'm glad he's speaking his truth.

ok fine, so why didn't he mention it in his video? Cos it's make him look bad! And who else knows what's on the cutting room floor that saves him (and everyone else) looking like a twat.

I'm totally fine with him explaining himself but again, it's not the show. He chose to bring it into the realm of the show, we cut it out.

ok fine, so why didn't he mention it in his video? Cos it's make him look bad! And who else knows what's on the cutting room floor that saves him (and everyone else) looking like a twat.

I'm totally fine with him explaining himself but again, it's not the show. He chose to bring it into the realm of the show, we cut it out.

Agree not sure how it would be good TV either. End of the day this show is there for one thing- entertainment. The show isn’t to show things that happen in their private life really. If anything there’s no winners here. He’s just up for his 5 minutes of fame everyone will forget about him next week when MasterChef starts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back