The Law Man eating lunch near children = Pedo?

Remove this Banner Ad

And do you really think that anyone is fooled by your snarky single word responses? As though you've got it all worked out and everyone else is slow. When in fact you and I both know you're totally wrong, you've been pwned from the word go, you've got nothing to come back with, and this is the only way you can think of to cover your lack of substance.

Sorry General Heil!:thumbsu: but could you refresh us with some other quotes of your "substance"?

I already know about this "pearler":D

...insane authoritarian jackboot-wearing goose-stepping nightmarish Big-Brother fantasy world, your having the sheer gall to be innocent of any wrongdoing and aware of your legal rights makes you a target for continued harrassment

I wonder if you and Morrell are arranging meeting in said street?

Maybe scribbled placards and bra burnings?:thumbsu:

The whole worlds on Pedo lookout nowadays, MY grandad was just about beaten up cos he was sitting in a park watching my cousins/his grandchildren play, unfortunately the seat were he sat was about 100 metres away, some idiot thought he was looking at his kid, who happened to be playing with my cousins at the time. Lucily i rocked up to pick them up and saw what was going to happen, who now what some parents will do now a days if they suspect your a pedophile

Skip you know that's how corruption starts. Idiot copper realises he can do pretty much whatever he likes as long as he looks like he's working and only picks on those too powerless to get him in trouble.

If a cop asks for your ID and you do not have to legally give it to him, what right does he then have to harass you? None.

After all this, why not just run the plates and get an ID? Because he wanted to intimidate someone who was frustrating him.

This pretty much nailed it.

http://www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au/ch02s02s01s01.php

http://www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au/ch02s02s01s01.php

Neither of things are true. The police knew it. Hence their action to defect my car.

I ask again skipper. How am I mistaken in my understanding of the law?

Sorry I missed this.

Lance, here is an example of do gooders putting info on a website that for the lay person like Morell can only get him into trouble. The SOA act, in this case is not relevant to the scenario. Mantis, earlier on, was almost 100% correct.

LOL!:DThis even funnier than I thought!

.....and you have lodged an official complaint too?:eek:

By asking for my name?
Checking my license plates against that name?

It would be pretty hard for someone to give an exact false name that matches the car they are driving.

Even still, if they were friendly and courteous I probably would have given them my ID;

example;

"G'day mate, what are you up today?'
"Nothing much, just sitting here eating my lunch"
"No worries, look mate, we are just keeping an eye on anyone near schools, would you mind providing some ID so we can run a quick check".

I suggest you, hire an old Police Academy 1 movie. Notice the bit where the fat shy negro chick is taught how to be assertive and take control.

Coppers never are friendly they are trained NOT to be!

but this obviously wasn't how it went down. Exact transcript;

Officer 1 - "Excuse me, sir, would you please step out of the vehicle"
Officer 2 - "Stand on the sidewalk"
Officer 1 - "Any reason why you're parked here, sir?
Me - "Yeah I quite often have lunch here, it's a beautiful street and I work just up the road at <place of work>"
Officer 1 - "Can you provide some identification?"
Me - "I can, but I would like to politely refuse, can I ask what crime I have committed"
Officer 1 - "So you're refusing to provide ID"
Me - "I am. As you would both be aware it is my right to do so"
Officer 1 - "Fine, I am just going to look at your vehicle"
Me - "Sure"
Officer 1 - "Ohhh deeeeeary me, it appears your tyres are bald! I am going to have to defect you vehicle!"
Me - "You're joking aren't you?"
Officer 1 - "Having fun staring at the kids were you mate?"
Me - "What exactly are you accusing me of here? Be very careful, I will be making a formal complaint and will be requesting your name and badge numbers. BTW you have some snot on your lip"
Officer 2 - "Look at your tyres mate, they're bald"
Me - "I disagree, I can clearly feel tread, by what standard or policy are they bald? Is there a measure we can use?
Officer 2 - "Nup. That's bald. You've committed an offense, we're defecting your vehicle, please provide ID or we will arrest you"
Me - "This is an abject disgrace"
Officer 1 - "Abject?"
Me - "Yes, abject, do you know what that means? I know cops are stupid but...."
Officer 2 - "Cops are stupid? We could have you up for libel"
Me - "*Laughs* - you don't know what libel means either!"
Officer 1 - "Look <name>, I need to explain some thing to you"

Proceeded to explain the defect laws.

Me - "Go and catch some murders or rapists or something"
Officer 1 - "You say that as you're walking away" - I still can't work this one out? Is he saying I am a murderer?

I admit to being a smart arse, but I cannot convey the tone at which they approached me. I can only assume there was a fair degree of assumed guilt.

Utter and complete... "abject" even!... stupidity.

Here is a fictitious senario for you to contemplate"

Weekly copper patrol breifing: Listen up! Mrs X from the XYZ school P & C Association has reported that a young girl was followed home by a man described as.. He was trying to offer her boiled lollies.

In patrols be on the lookout for suspicious characters, obtain ID and register details in the suspects database.

You know the drill, these types try to pretend they are doing something innocent and common place. Use your skills to gauge their manner and reactions.

Why would anyone with half a brain, in a car, object to producing a drivers licence or identifying themselves?

In pyschology it is called the criminal complex typified by an "I'm OK, you're not OK" attitude.

Often criminals are openly derisive of the type of crime they themselves commit. eg Shoplifter " I think stealing is disgusting ...I hate it"

"Go and catch some murders or rapists or something"

(btw:No I am not a copper)

Expect to regularly get knocks on your door asking your whereabouts whenever a pedophile incident is reported in Adelaide.

Also where do you buy your tyres? ... I wanna buy shares in the company... I figure you will likely be buying lots of them over the years!

Sorry I missed this. Lance, here is an example of do gooders putting info on a website that for the lay person like Morell can only get him into trouble. The SOA act, in this case is not relevant to the scenario. Mantis, earlier on, was almost 100% correct.
I love it how you assume or think that I don’t realise police have every right to ask for ID if you’re in control of a car. The problem being was that I was on the sidewalk when they asked for ID. I'm legitimately not sure what the limitations are for when a person is no longer in "control" of a car after they exit it, or can they potentially ask anyone at anytime for their ID if they have ever driven a vehicle? The cops knew I had every right to refuse ID at the time when they asked me, the proof of this is the fact they defected my vehicle to glean it.

Keep it up with the petty insults skipper. I’ve countered every single argument of yours with consummate ease. You really haven’t raised a single, valid point.

Keep trying though! :thumbsu:

Corp. Just a bit of friendly advice. You’re allowed to type your sentences in full this ... part .... sentences....hard to.....decipher.

LOL!:DThis even funnier than I thought! .....and you have lodged an official complaint too?:eek: I suggest you, hire an old Police Academy 1 movie. Notice the bit where the fat shy negro chick is taught how to be assertive and take control. Coppers never are friendly they are trained NOT to be!
To people that have committed a crime, absolutely.

Every other time I have dealt with the police they have been very friendly and communicative. Heck, I have been pulled over for speeding and received a more polite rebuttal. If you have actually read all of the thread you would realise that in fact the complaint was dealt with by a senior officer. He contacted me and informed me that indeed, it WAS the responsibility of the officers to effectively communicate the reasoning behind why they were questioning me.

Utter and complete... "abject" even!... stupidity. Here is a fictitious senario for you to contemplate" Weekly copper patrol breifing: Listen up! Mrs X from the XYZ school P & C Association has reported that a young girl was followed home by a man described as.. He was trying to offer her boiled lollies. In patrols be on the lookout for suspicious characters, obtain ID and register details in the suspects database. You know the drill, these types try to pretend they are doing something innocent and common place. Use your skills to gauge their manner and reactions.
Fanstastic. Is this 1984? People who are suspects have their details entered into a database? Oh yeah. That’s why I refused ID!

You’re making the same basic hypocritical mistake skipper is.

Pick one of the following options;

1. The cops were making a casual investigation into a complaint made by a neighbour = I was stupid to not provide ID.
2. The cops were stalking suspicious people to enter their details into a database = I was smart not to provide ID.

I personally don’t agree with either of them, but for some reason you and skipper both continually contradict yourselves with this very basic concept.

Why would anyone with half a brain, in a car, object to producing a drivers licence or identifying themselves?
I wasn’t in my car. For the fifth time. Do try and keep up.

In pyschology it is called the criminal complex typified by an "I'm OK, you're not OK" attitude. Often criminals are openly derisive of the type of crime they themselves commit. eg Shoplifter " I think stealing is disgusting ...I hate it" "Go and catch some murders or rapists or something" (btw:No I am not a copper)
Whilst true its only really relevant if I was actually a paedophile. For what’s is worth, I’m not.

Expect to regularly get knocks on your door asking your whereabouts whenever a pedophile incident is reported in Adelaide. Also where do you buy your tyres? ... I wanna buy shares in the company... I figure you will likely be buying lots of them over the years!
Somehow I very much doubt that. Keep living in your police state utopia though hoping that innocent people are getting put to the rack whilst the vast majority of child predators (online and within the family) go unpunished.

Fanstastic. Is this 1984? People who are suspects have their details entered into a database? Oh yeah. That’s why I refused ID!

You’re making the same basic hypocritical mistake skipper is.

Pick one of the following options;

1. The cops were making a casual investigation into a complaint made by a neighbour = I was stupid to not provide ID.
2. The cops were stalking suspicious people to enter their details into a database = I was smart not to provide ID.

I personally don’t agree with either of them, but for some reason you and skipper both continually contradict yourselves with this very basic concept..

I thank you for your polite response. It seems that you are learning.

They have your ID! ;) It was not smart in any senario, in any way, to refuse to co-operate and provide ID if you have nothing to fear or hide.

The more "fuss" you make then it is likely that you draw more attention to yourself.

I wasn’t in my car. For the fifth time. Do try and keep up.

Whilst true its only really relevant if I was actually a paedophile. For what’s is worth, I’m not.

Somehow I very much doubt that. Keep living in your police state utopia though hoping that innocent people are getting put to the rack whilst the vast majority of child predators (online and within the family) go unpunished.

How do you suggest police protect the community (or school children) if they do not interogate suspicious behaviour, of the likely type, that has previously led to abduction from schools and parks?

Should the "sterotype nutter", who is noticed regularly lurking near school, not be challenged to identify themselves?

How would you react if the 'Tiser (say next week) reported an abduction of a child from that school and the only "lead" the police had was a suspicious person regularly seen in the vicinity was approached the previous week by a policemen, but the said policeman failed to seek ID because the suspicious person refused to provide such?

I do not like Police "manner" either, but you are very mistaken if you do not realise that they collect information in a database for future reference.

Good luck. :)

I actually believe what skipper kelly has been saying (and i'm as non bleeding heart as they come). There would be officers who have their ego dragged a peg or two so will make it their business to delve into their background and generally ping them any way they can.

I mean Morell wasn't showing disrespect, and those 2 officers are obviously very poor at their job. They'll never graduate from general street-beat if they work in such a way that is unlikely to elicit co-operation from law-obiding citizens, let alone he dodgy suspicious types.

BTW I certainly don't have any faith in the police complaints process, as you can imagine 95% of complaints would be made by trouble-makers and bad seeds in general, so the genuine 5% would be treated in the same manner.

I thank you for your polite response. It seems that you are learning.

They have your ID! ;) It was not smart in any senario, in any way, to refuse to co-operate and provide ID if you have nothing to fear or hide.

The more "fuss" you make then it is likely that you draw more attention to yourself.
I felt that refusing to provide ID in this situation was warranted.

I did not anticipate them defecting my vehicle on a bogus "bald tyres" charge. Nice move by them. I wonder if they teach that in the 2nd or 3rd week of their academy course?

How do you suggest police protect the community (or school children) if they do not interogate suspicious behaviour, of the likely type, that has previously led to abduction from schools and parks?

Should the "sterotype nutter", who is noticed regularly lurking near school, not be challenged to identify themselves?
By doing so politely and with a high level of transparency and communication.

I have given scenario after scenario of how these police officers could have handled this situation better. Nearly every poster in this thread has agreed with the fact they handled it poorly. That is all my point is.

How would you react if the 'Tiser (say next week) reported an abduction of a child from that school and the only "lead" the police had was a suspicious person regularly seen in the vicinity was approached the previous week by a policemen, but the said policeman failed to seek ID because the suspicious person refused to provide such?
They would have my car type, physical description, number plates, name/alias, last known location.

It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to find me again. Then again maybe I am over estimating SAPOL nous.

I do not like Police "manner" either, but you are very mistaken if you do not realise that they collect information in a database for future reference.
I am sure they do. Good luck getting anything on me any more serious than a speeding fine.

I don't drink or do drugs, have a stable job and family life, never committed a crime in my life and never will.

Good luck. :)
Just quietly I don't think I need it. ;)

I actually believe what skipper kelly has been saying (and i'm as non bleeding heart as they come). There would be officers who have their ego dragged a peg or two so will make it their business to delve into their background and generally ping them any way they can.
As I said above, they can try all they like. The most serious thing they will get on me are traffic violations.

If they want to waste their time by following me around to see each time I fail to indicate, well, good luck to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha actually my only ever encounter with SA police I found them extremely arrogant and pig headed.

They were doing some sort of blitz on the SA/NT border, I slowed down because they had a pull-in zone and an area to stop about 80m ahead, as I was doing so some burley officer yells right against my open window "SLOW DOWN" (I think he was trying to scare me, it worked) so i did some more, going no faster than crawling pace now.

They ordered me and the passengers to get out of the car, they looked at ALL of our ID's, went over the car with a fine tooth comb, ran some background checks. I was driving a hire car so they were probably looking at all the history of those plates too. They handed back the ID some 25 minutes later and said nothing more than 'get going' when they had done. I was offered no courtesy or explanation during the whole affair.

By doing so politely and with a high level of transparency and communication.

I have given scenario after scenario of how these police officers could have handled this situation better. Nearly every poster in this thread has agreed with the fact they handled it poorly. That is all my point is.

I don't drink or do drugs, have a stable job and family life, never committed a crime in my life and never will.

fwiw:I agree also that their manner appears, from your description, to be poor!

Police are never transparent, unless it is some time after assessing your character!

I guess my somewhat belated interest in this is

1.I have had similiar experience.I was trying slowly to get my car off the road, to avoid a potential rear end accident and lunatic young cop pulled a gun on me! My reaction was to be a "hero":eek:.... I lost the verbal "fight" ... later " black and blue";)... LOST big time!

2.I am concerned respected persons such as Chief are seemingly encouraging younger persons , to not co-operate with police.

3. Put yourself into the position of the parent of an abducted child (in the scenario I described).

That is all:)

I'm still struggling to come up with a definition for a "man eating lunch". A roll containing a piece of flake perhaps? Maybe even a crocodile steak on rye bread?

I'm still struggling to come up with a definition for a "man eating lunch". A roll containing a piece of flake perhaps? Maybe even a crocodile steak on rye bread?

LOL!:D

Skits despite your apparent hate for me.?.. some of the best BF belly laughs ever... you have delivered!

Whilst you contempalete the purpose of the repository.. fill the naval with salt.. then dunk chips! Prostate with legs flug in the air....then you will find the secret!:thumbsu:

Inhaling helps too!;)

If the police came to you house, thought you looked a bit didgy and asked to come in and search your house (without a warrant) would you allow it?

If so, they next see your computer, most people have pirated software, music or movies or some sort so they suspect you probably do, would you allow them to go through your PC and all your personal files just to check?

Then they see you have a child, you look a bit rough so you might beat your child, would you allow them to search your child for marks on their body?

Perhaps you live in a nice area, they suspect it's too nice for a person like you, you probably have income from crime so they ask to see all of your bank statements to see if you can account for all of the money, would you allow them to do so

If the police came to you house, thought you looked a bit didgy and asked to come in and search your house (without a warrant) would you allow it?

If so, they next see your computer, most people have pirated software, music or movies or some sort so they suspect you probably do, would you allow them to go through your PC and all your personal files just to check?

Then they see you have a child, you look a bit rough so you might beat your child, would you allow them to search your child for marks on their body?

Perhaps you live in a nice area, they suspect it's too nice for a person like you, you probably have income from crime so they ask to see all of your bank statements to see if you can account for all of the money, would you allow them to do so

Yeah ...to be honest,...... I thought you seemed a bit dodgy too!

The "interwebbys" are NOT in any way a private place!.... you will need a good lawyer;)

I love it how you assume or think that I don’t realise police have every right to ask for ID if you’re in control of a car. The problem being was that I was on the sidewalk when they asked for ID. I'm legitimately not sure what the limitations are for when a person is no longer in "control" of a car after they exit it,

You should have stopped there.

I don't think you quite understand the reasons for why that law exists, nor the importance of its upkeep.

Anonymity is a basic human right.

Of course it is,

but not in any given circumstance...

If a random person asked for your ID, then you have every right to be aggrieved, or act like a smart-ass if you wish.

The person that asked for your ID was a police officer. Part of the justice system. There was a legitimate reason for his request.

Anonymity is not sacred. Much of the Worlds problems in my opinion, is rooted in the 'secretive bank system' which enables criminals of every kind to comfortably store/access their dirty money.

As far as I know, having a regular lunch spot isn't suspicious.

The sad thing is that in Victoria the police CAN technically do that. When the new OC laws came in they basically reversed the burden of proof so that the onus is on the individual to prove to the state that their assets were legally acquired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back