Marc Murphy - Softest, least inspiring captain in the history of the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The man is a soft useless front runner, has he ever defended anyone in his career?

Only runs one way, soft, can't lift his team and continually goes missing when the pressure is on.

Removing Judd as captain and replacing him with this fairy is one of the biggest reasons why Carlton have once again regressed to become one of the laughing stocks of the league.

murph is a gun. it's the rest of the team that's the problem

Massively overrating a spud like Murphy and calling him a gun is part of the reason why Carlton has been a joke for the last decade. Not wanting to believe just how s**t the list it, and believing the hacks they have are good enough to achieve something.

Murphy is just an average run of the mill soft midfielder. Nothing more. Just like dozens of other Carlton spuds before him, the Blues fans have pumped him up, when in reality he is quite average.

One trick pony, and that only trick is to flop like he has been shot.

4s_primus.jpg

Good old Matthew "inspiration from the sidelines" Primus is actually your man. :thumbsu:
he was a superstar when not injured though

Was a good enough player until clubs worked out he can be tagged out of games and worse the tagger can exploit him going the other way and kick goals on him. Now he is bordering on being a liability.

No influence on Monday nights game, tagged out of it by Geary:oops: who had 3 or 4 shots on goal :oops: and Murphy couldn't even lay 1 tackle:oops:. Nothing more then a one way running squib. Malthouse just loves picking s**t players as captains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I looked at his stats I was surprised he hadn't layed a tackle.
Me too, especially since he had laid 19 tackles, collectively, the 3 games beforehand. Not the hugest number of course, but decent for a mostly attacking style mid.

Me too, especially since he had laid 19 tackles, collectively, the 3 games beforehand. Not the hugest number of course, but decent for a mostly attacking style mid.

By that I assume you mean front-running, downhill skiing, ahead of the play unaccountable handball receiving chipscab?
I thought so.
Carry on.

True captains game tonight

put teammates under pressure with his pathetic looping handpasses

passes the ball off in front of goal to release the pressure from himself

Simply goes missing when his team needs him, doesn't possess a leadership bone in his body.

Seems to escape criticism compared to his less talented teammates.

Carlton need this pansy to make a stand as captain, however I couldn't even see him talking with any conviction in front of his sister let alone the playing group.

The man is a soft useless front runner, has he ever defended anyone in his career?

Only runs one way, soft, can't lift his team and continually goes missing when the pressure is on.

Removing Judd as captain and replacing him with this fairy is one of the biggest reasons why Carlton have once again regressed to become one of the laughing stocks of the league.

When I started reading, I instantly thought Nick Maxwell then realised you were talking about Carlton.

He's too small and weak

You can't expect the players to be led into battle by this mdiget

Remove this Banner Ad

Back