Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Arcadia Queen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sunlight

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite ironic that Godolphin bred the slipper winner at Darley and then move the Stallion on to Queensland only got said Stallion to provide the slipper winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

26/03/2019

Geelong: (2 Best Bets)

Best Bets:

Race 4: (5) Rue De Rennes (Fixed Price (Win) $3.50)

Rue De Rennes was ultra impressive breaking it's maiden status 3 runs back at Mornington winning by 3 lengths. Has been very competitive in BM64 at Sandown (5th 2 lengths away from Jungle Fish who ran in a group 3 on the weekend) and most recent run BM78 at Moonee Valley (4th 3 lengths away from Semari who next start won the Group 3 Epona Stakes at Rosehill on the weekend). When she won her maiden was ridden cold so expect that to happen today and should win on recent form.

Race 5: (3) Maliseet (Fixed Price (Win) $5.00)

Maliseet has had 2 runs back from a spell and has been racing very well (1 win and a second placing). Last start finished 2nd 2 lengths away at Cranbourne in a 1400 meter, BM64 class race making up good ground on the inside but was beaten by a good one in Star Missile. Previous start broke it's maiden status in it's 2nd race start in a tough front running display beating Judge O'Reilly (Ran 2nd in a city class $50K maiden at Sandown at it's next start) & North Afrika (Broke maiden status impressively & ran a nice 4th in a Saturday $75 class race). Has the most upside of all the runners in the field and will take some beating on recent form.
Would say well done on the first if Chief, the most stable genius, paid for the ******* servers

Like unforgotten in the Doncaster, that’s if it’s a good track. So it probably can be forgotten.

on the subject of connections.. an up and coming trainer at work came in to get some finance, and i asked if he had any horses in on the weekend and he said he had 2 in. I asked how they would go, he said one will win (it ran a nose 2nd at evens) and the other one he said goes ok but broke down last start. Then as he walked out he said "i am going to pay out my new loan on this one" and winked at me. So I checked the odds of the horse and form ($7.50) and thought that was unders so left it alone, on the day it ran i looked at the odds and put a small running double with the previous race winner on it... and it was backed into $3.40.... and ran 3rd last. So the moral of the story is most trainers are either full of s**t or absolutely clueless!

FWIW I was sitting in front of LOP's Owners during the Galaxy on Saturday and they will go to the Doncaster if it isn't a wet track (ha!)
I've heard some of them (all?) were pieces of work and part of the reason why they moved him from Ciaron Maher after one pretty good run (to be trained in Sydney on wet tracks that it doesn't handle...)

Did they come across as such?

Her best win at WFA is a 1.2L win over an 8yo Hartnell - plenty of horses in Australia are capable of producing that.
Just looking back at his recent form, I don't think there is. At WFA 1400+ it's just Trapeze Artist who's got him by that in the last 12 months. Has given away big weight to winners in the hcp's.

Been remarkably consistent the old boy. Great horse but I suppose another reminder of how shallow our depth is Winx aside.

Back