Matador BBQs One Day Cup - 5-25 October 2015

Who will win the Matador BBQs One Day Cup in 2015?

• CA XI

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • NSW

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • QLD

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • SA

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • TAS

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • VIC

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • WA

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We have always been ok in the one day arena, so hopefully we can repeat our win of a few years ago. Far out though, NSW have an 11 of entirely international players, it's gonna be tough. This will be massive for Head's captaincy if he pulls this off.

Contrary to belief, we were never really that bad under Darren Berry. We won the One-day competition in 2011/12 and then finished 3rd in 2012/13 and had endless opportunities to make the final that year. Not to mention we were a wicket off making the shield final in 2012/13 AND 2013/14. Added to that lost the Big Bash final in 2009/10 and won the competition in 2010/11 (don't think these were under Berry though).

Still MUST get rid of Ludeman at the top of the order, it's actually embarrassing to watch. May as well open with Zampa or Mennie, they've got more idea then Ludeman.
The classic exhibit for what modern day coaching has done to some /many. When he left my neck of the woods he was as technically correct as you could get. Now he's set up to hit through the leg and that's it. I was pretty anal about my prep for opposition sides - I had a good memory so for big games (Finals) players would get hand outs with areas to bowl in and ways that they had got out over time. For him I had nothing. In the GF as a 16 yr old he chopped on for 0 (& weren't we happy) then got a very classy 60 in the 2nd dig.

A great lad but his batting has been rooted by idiots

Contrary to belief, we were never really that bad under Darren Berry. We won the One-day competition in 2011/12 and then finished 3rd in 2012/13 and had endless opportunities to make the final that year. Not to mention we were a wicket off making the shield final in 2012/13 AND 2013/14. Added to that lost the Big Bash final in 2009/10 and won the competition in 2010/11 (don't think these were under Berry though).
The main issue we have and have had for a while is consistency. We always have someone put in an amazing innings only to complete stink it up in the next few games. Then we would have someone else do it and the system repeats itself. This then reflects on the team performance.

I don't think there's a more frustrating team than SA.

We have always been ok in the one day arena, so hopefully we can repeat our win of a few years ago. Far out though, NSW have an 11 of entirely international players, it's gonna be tough. This will be massive for Head's captaincy if he pulls this off.

Just try and win the toss again, that's a good start :)

You're kidding right? In the last six shield seasons they've collected the wooden spoon five times. Spoons in the last two Matador Cups and have been bottom four for all but the last BBL as the Strikers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're kidding right? In the last six shield seasons they've collected the wooden spoon five times. Spoons in the last two Matador Cups and have been bottom four for all but the last BBL as the Strikers.

Yeah but one of those seasons we finished last we were a wicket off hosting the final I believe, that's how close it was. Last season was a joke, but the two seasons before that we were very competitive in the shield.

The strikers do not count. We won the last ODI tournament held around the nation and our shield form has not been that bad. We may have been bottom but the seasons have been very even. Once again Ill Chicken pretending to know something about which he knows nothing about.

Sorry for pointing out the facts. I hope you are able to get over it and realise that you were that bad under Berry.

Would be great if we could exact revenge on the Blues after they beat us by a wicket in the '06 ODD final at Adelaide Oval, but it'll take an astronomical effort.

Would love to see a match like that one again. Tait at his peak.

Runs on the board are always a good thing, particularly in a final.
Bit weird that NSW won the toss and sent us in. Must think (and probably should) they can roll us pretty cheaply.

CA ball-by-ball....one comment said Smith won the toss and will bat. The next comment says he won the toss and will bowl.

Derp...which is it?
Bowl.

SA batting first (despite the Blues winning the toss) which is very surprising given the high success rate of teams batting first this comp.

C'mon SA, let's make a game of this!!!

Back