News Match Review Panel - Tribunal thread . May 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

It is seriously bullshit. Trying to look at it completely objectively still leaves me mystified.

May and Rockliff ran to the ball diagonally parallel to one another and collided at an angle. May, as the bigger player, has sent Rockliff to the ground. The only point May's eyes turned to Rockliff was a microsecond before the collision, by which time it was far too late to do anything. Even if May realised he was about to send Rockliff into the ground and attempted to stop, he'd have injured himself instead.

If it's up to the taller player to make sure the small players' heads aren't coming into contact with their body, then the game has become a ******* joke. Rocky is 183cm, May is 190cm. May is a heavy defender, Rockliff is a light midfielder. What the * does the AFL expect to happen?

The club SHOULD contest it. What a ******* joke.

* the MRP.

I'm not shocked with their findings, but I don't agree. Initial hit seemed fine seemed to move up after the shock of the impact. I want to liken it to Viney's hit on Tom lynch from adelaide last year, initially got 2 weeks thrown out on appeal

Edit: just looked at the Viney lynch hit i must be thinking of a different bump as they are not similar at all..

Last edited:

#FreeMaysie

This is our video from last year we did for his hit on Zorko. If certain people involved in it didn't have such questionable character, I would suggest we make another one. Anyone good with a 6string. I will provide lyrics!

Some lions supporting Muppet has suggested that may should've let rockliff get the ball then tackle him. Wtf is that stupid s**t? Let someone else to the ball first. Now I have heard it all.:drunk:

Some lions supporting Muppet has suggested that may should've let rockliff get the ball then tackle him. Wtf is that stupid s**t? Let someone else to the ball first. Now I have heard it all.:drunk:
And if he elects to kick off the ground, as he probably would have?

Here's a clip of Gerard and Robbo from afl360 tonight talking about the May bump on Rockliff and how the Suns should go about challenging it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the powers that be decide to challenge that.

Fair bump and he has only got into this situation because he's a bit taller. Hardly seems fair to me.

As an interesting comparison how can that be considered as the equal to what Lewis did.

Probably an overdue thread to have on our board

As i'm sure you are all aware, Steven May offered 2 weeks down from 3.

I'm flabbergasted. I really am
Must challenge. This was a ball in dispute and May never lined him up or leave the ground. Apparently it was weighted the same as a player round arming an unprotected Goldstein late in a marking contest. P*** Off.

We play Collingwood in 3 weeks. If we challenge and fail its not the end of the world Thompson, Schade, Leslie could match Cloke, White, Gault. Our year is slipping / has almost slipped away already so might aswell give it a rip. If we don't have May to play on Walker next week we are screwed.

#FreeMaysie

This is our video from last year we did for his hit on Zorko. If certain people involved in it didn't have such questionable character, I would suggest we make another one. Anyone good with a 6string. I will provide lyrics!

I know there isn't much time but I reckon it'd be awesome to see a part 2 of this with the same guy singing.

Steven May, Gold Coast Suns, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Tom Rockliff, Brisbane Lions, during the first quarter of the Round Five match between the Gold Coast Suns and the Brisbane Lions, played at Metricon Oval on Saturday May 2, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Brisbane Lions Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with high impact to the head. The offence was classified as a three-match sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a two-match sanction.

AND NOW THE GOOD NEWS

However, Gold Coast's Steven May will fight a two-match sanction for his bump on Brisbane Lions captain Tom Rockliff.

The contact between May and Rockliff in the first quarter of Saturday's QClash at Metricon Stadium resulted in the Brisbane Lions skipper being stretchered from the field.

The Lions later confirmed Rockliff had been cleared of a broken jaw after he was sent for scans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back