Matchday 12

Do you like International Breaks?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And you need to comprehend my posts better if you want to try and take me on. I never “talked down the FA cup” in fact I said I would love to win it. You seem to be able to only read what you want to read

FA cup means pretty much jack s**t these days. Not saying I wouldn’t be delighted to see us win one again

So which is it? Why would you be delighted to win something that means jack s**t haha?

So which is it? Why would you be delighted to win something that means jack s**t haha?
It means jack s**t in regards to keeping or attracting talent and the overall status of your club. Not rocket science

Some people may disagree but I'd rather finish top 4 every year and play in the champions league every year and build a bigger and better squad than win a league cup and be mid table for 10 years.
But if that bigger and better squad never delivers any silverware then the midtable club that hasnt played CL for 10 years still had a better decade than the team that played CL for 10 straight years because they at least won a trophy.

And winning trophies is what it's all about.

Yeah. Can anyone tell me the teams that finished top four in 2012/13 off the top of your head? Conversely can you tell me who won the League and FA Cups in 2013? League Cup, granted, probably a bit harder to remember, but the trophy winners are far more memorable and with good reason.

Yeah. Can anyone tell me the teams that finished top four in 2012/13 off the top of your head? Conversely can you tell me who won the League and FA Cups in 2013? League Cup, granted, probably a bit harder to remember, but the trophy winners are far more memorable and with good reason.
Yep.

Entitlement at it's finest.

Winning trophies is the entire purpose of football, yet some entitled fans scoff in the face at perhaps winning the FA or League Cup. It's stupid.

Last edited:
But if that bigger and better squad never delivers any silverware then the midtable club that hasnt played CL for 10 years still had a better decade than the team that played CL for 10 straight years because they at least won a trophy.

And winning trophies is what it's all about.

Ideally if you finish top 4 consistently you'll end up winning a few things (eg Arsenal under Wenger).

Niasse ban upheld, despite Dann making no attempt to play the ball & making contact. Great work FA, can’t wait for a more blatant dive to go unpunished

Niasse ban upheld, despite Dann making no attempt to play the ball & making contact. Great work FA, can’t wait for a more blatant dive to go unpunished
Can the FA use common sense just once?

Can the FA use common sense just once?

Probably not. Guess they didn’t back their referee so Anthony Taylor won’t be referee this weekend in the EPL? Controversies in the past where the public think the ref ****ed up, they just backed them in

Absolutely ridiculous and makes a hugely dangerous precedent now where they claim they can judge the force of contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back