Matthew Hayden snubs Mark Taylor at Allan Border Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this "Taylor wouldn't pick him" bullshit, anyway? The incumbent, Slater, wasn't exactly screaming "drop me!"

First class average of 40 Test average of 42 and there is Hayden averaging 50+ in first class cricket. Not a hard choice to make.

Smith: averaged almost the same as Hayden over their careers, and away from home averaged 12 more at the same strike rate.

So go f*** yourself you twit.

Steve Smith is a superstar.

If you genuinley think, with Smith at 27, you are correct in assessing his career as better than Hayden, who retired ~10 years ago as one of the greats of the sport, using three basic statistics, one of which is worse than Hayden's, then you know so little about the game you are not worth talking to about it.

Steve Smith is a superstar.

If you genuinley think, with Smith at 27, you are correct in assessing his career as better than Hayden, who retired ~10 years ago as one of the greats of the sport, using three basic statistics, one of which is worse than Hayden's, then you know so little about the game you are not worth talking to about it.

If you genuinely think, that I, at 33, am comparing Steve Smith as better than Hayden and not South African legend Graeme Smith, who was massive, left handed, and an imposing opener, then you're a twit, as I correctly postulated earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a pretty fair comparison actually.

I'd take Haydos if I had to choose between the two but I always liked Smith.

It's probably the bias of not liking Hayden but I'd probably take Smith. Excepting 2001 when admittedly he was freakish, I don't think Hayden had the same knack for rising to the occasion as Smith. But on the flip side he helped make Australia the virtual unstoppable powerhouse they were for 7-8 years on home shores. Every attack knew they would have this big bloke swinging like a lumberjack from the first ball of the series which must have been pretty intimidating.

It's probably the bias of not liking Hayden but I'd probably take Smith. Excepting 2001 when admittedly he was freakish, I don't think Hayden had the same knack for rising to the occasion as Smith. But on the flip side he helped make Australia the virtual unstoppable powerhouse they were for 7-8 years on home shores. Every attack knew they would have this big bloke swinging like a lumberjack from the first ball of the series which must have been pretty intimidating.
Yeah well said, spot on.

The Graeme Smith / Steve Smith confusion, indignant foamy-mouthed outrage and subsequent penny-drop and removal of egg from face is one of funniest exchanges I've read on Bigfooty for a good while.

Bouquets to all concerned :thumbsu:

And there is your proof that Small things amuse small minds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back