Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait for us to pick Starc expecting him to reverse the ball

I'd nearly go 3 spinners and Cummins the one quick

If Green is fit and bowling we only need 1 more quick whether it be Starc or Cummins.

The issue is that all 3 of our spinners can’t bat and Cummins is woeful with the bat, it’s why I’d go Starc.

Expecting our selectors to be dumb morons with the only change being Starc for Boland.

Yes, I can actually see the selectors unable to admit they erred in not playing Head and leaving him out again in the 2nd Test for fear he may make fools of them. I do not hold much confidence that Australian Cricket is in good hands right now.

Yes, I can actually see the selectors unable to admit they erred in not playing Head and leaving him out again in the 2nd Test for fear he may make fools of them. I do not hold much confidence that Australian Cricket is in good hands right now.
Surely Head plays for the dual skill set that he offers

Seeing some of you are it looks like Maxwell will be playing in the next shield game starting Feb.20.His biggest problem is running between wickets and mobility in the field and makes you wonder whether this will be a long term issue as it was a bad break.
He's cooked. And the only ones suggesting his return are largely parochial viccos. How you could even conceive the selectors picking a bloke on the sole basis he scored a rogue ton in india 6 years ago, and has since showed nothing in the long form of the game. Not just that....he is coming off a serious injury and a long break from cricket, and taking away his 104 in Ranchi, only averages 13 across 8 innings vs India both home and abroad.

Its unspeakably dumb to suggest he would even make a remote jot of difference to this side and disrespectful to a number of other players who are rightly well ahead of this player who is and should be in full end of career mode.

None of that even begins to then also touch on his corrosive selfish personality that he brings to cricket sides that is the last thing this team needs currently.... same with Zampa. Ive witnessed the manner that Maxwell interacted with students first hand at a local schools cricket day and i was absolutely disgusted.

Last edited:
If Green is fit and bowling we only need 1 more quick whether it be Starc or Cummins.

The issue is that all 3 of our spinners can’t bat and Cummins is woeful with the bat, it’s why I’d go Starc.

Captain aint being dropped especially after the teams performance in the 1st test, that would be horrific leadership and messaging from selectors.

It will be Cummins and either Green or Starc.

He's cooked. And the only ones suggesting his return are largely parochial viccos. How you could even conceive the selectors picking a bloke on the sole basis he scored a rogue ton in india 6 years ago, and has since showed nothing in the long form of the game. Not just that....he is coming off a serious injury and a long break from cricket, and taking away his 104 in Ranchi, only averages 13 across 8 innings vs India both home and abroad.

Its unspeakably dumb to suggest he would even make a remote jot of difference to this side and disrespectful to a number of other players who are rightly well ahead of this player who is and should be in full end of career mode.

None of that even begins to then also touch on his corrosive selfish personality that he brings to cricket sides that is the last thing this team needs currently.... same with Zampa. Ive witnessed the manner that Maxwell interacted with students first hand at a local schools cricket day and i was absolutely disgusted.
You are correct in saying that Maxwell has showed nothing in the long form of the game.Reason why,"has not played in it for over 3 years because the ACB want him kept for white ball cricket"

By all reports green can bowl just can't bat or field and they are talking about bowling loads for the kid

Showed your bias after the second sentence,did not read after that.

Wow, he seems like a nice bloke on tv. What'd he do?

Can't wait for us to pick Starc
Had a chuckle over some usual Ben Horne (Tele) twaddle about Starc. Says he often delivers in the subcontinent and needs to be rushed back in for the next Test. Not in India he dont deliver. Has played 4 - 7w, with a horrendous @50 average and 86 s/r. Compare that with his mates Josh Hazlewood,4- 9w @32, s/r 75. Cummins, 3-10.
@32- s/r 58.
But hey Starc makes footmarks for Lyon to perform. He also makes footmarks for Ashwin, who left Lyon in his wake at Nagpur.

Last edited:
Had a chuckle over some usual Ben Horne (Tele) twaddle about Starc. Says he often delivers in the subcontinent and needs to be rushed back in for the next Test. Not in India he dont deliver. Has played 4 - 7w, with a horrendous @50 average and 86 s/r. Compare that with his mates Josh Hazlewood,4- 9w @32, s/r 75. Cummins, 3-10.
@32- s/r 58.
But hey Starc makes footmarks for Lyon to perform. He also makes footmarks for Ashwin, who left Lyon in his wake at Nagpur.
To be fair BGman none of us (players) go very well in india lol

Yeah Starc batting has fallen off the cliff as well and it really does s**t me that our bowlers and lower order have turned into bunnies

I miss the good old days of Dizzy Gillespie batting for long periods of time making a 10 not out valuing his wicket and supporting the batter at the other end. The amount of tons S Waugh made batting with dizzy was quite high.

Every time I watch lyon starc cummins bat its seems they are there for a good time not a long one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few years back attended a local cricket day with Stars....all the team spent the day with kids doing drills, photos, autographs it was great....kids were so excited but mostly to meet their hero Maxy.

He rolled out onto the ground about 3 hours after the event started for about 15 minutes dragging his feet looking like he'd rather be in the pits of hell. Sunglasses on acting like he was king s**t wouldn't sign an autograph for any of the kids. Posed briefly for a team photo with a few kids involved also, was asked by photographer to remove sunnies, everyone took them off except him, was asked again....he refused and said very rudely 'take the photo get on with it'...immediately walked off the ground and didn't show his face for the remainder of the 3 hours the players were there. Ive heard other similar stories over the years he is all about himself.

Even the biggest campaigners will put an act on when they are on live national TV.... Maxy does it because in that moment its all about him. Tosser.

What actually matters is what you do when no one is around to sing your praises....

Yeah Starc batting has fallen off the cliff as well and it really does s**t me that our bowlers and lower order have turned into bunnies

I miss the good old days of Dizzy Gillespie batting for long periods of time making a 10 not out valuing his wicket and supporting the batter at the other end. The amount of tons S Waugh made batting with dizzy was quite high.

Every time I watch lyon starc cummins bat its seems they are there for a good time not a long one

This is why I'm annoyed we haven't taken Neser not because he's a better bowler, but he's probably;y the only bowling option that can bat.

This is why I'm annoyed we haven't taken Neser not because he's a better bowler, but he's probably;y the only bowling option that can bat.
Yup thats why I am annoyed they picked an injured josh hazelwood and they knew about it and could of gone neser

and to be honest I would rather josh play in the shield and prepare for england

No he can’t go on this tour now, no one is saying that. Though if he had a full summer without breaking his ankle I think he’d be over there.

Not saying he’d be the savior but he’d at least give us some options, being a right hand bat as well.

Nothing to do with him being Vic. I for one don’t want Harris anywhere near the team.

He could bat better than Boland I agree, I don’t think he’d be any better with the ball over there than Boland though.

Bowling tight is all you need over there chip in with the odd wicket, our number 1 test bowler only took 1

Yup thats why I am annoyed they picked an injured josh hazelwood and they knew about it and could of gone neser

and to be honest I would rather josh play in the shield and prepare for england

100% and let’s not pretend he’s some elite bowler in the sub continent anyway not like we’ve taken over Jimmy Anderson

No he can’t go on this tour now, no one is saying that. Though if he had a full summer without breaking his ankle I think he’d be over there.

Not saying he’d be the savior but he’d at least give us some options, being a right hand bat as well.

Nothing to do with him being Vic. I for one don’t want Harris anywhere near the team.
If he didnt break his ankle, then who knows what his shield form would look like....there's more to it than just being fit.

Back