Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19 – SHE’S IDEEL (20)

• 20 – FUTURE SCORE (15)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested in why you think this. I’ve ruled through but happy to hear thoughts as to why others are including. Run was so poor and reported to have raced flat. I’m assuming you’ve dismissed as an outlier poor day?

i think the melb cup was always the better race for it, the caulfield cup was a stepping stone and maybe even an afterthought because of the impressive win the previous week, but i think 3200m will suit better
the way i saw it, it was ridden to lead largely because of the barrier and i don't think it really settled, or was suited that way ... just don't think we saw the best of it that day and i think it's going to be a very good stayer over the next 12 months or so here ... maybe it's not ready this time but at the price it will be at the jump i'm willing to take the chance
also, i believe the stable has had a big opinion of it for a while, and i like spring carnival horses that have wintered in brisbane
but this is all just opinion

I reckon GP will be paddling big time the last 600 - but he belted Tralee Rose in the Bart Cummings so if you keen on it this looks a better chance. At least he is in form which is something you cant say for much of the field.

Think Floating Artist will be massively over bet if he gets a start and is possibly one to play around from exotics - yes he has been unlucky his last two but has been racing the genuine C/D graders without winning.

that's a big overstatement ... he had fitness on side, she was second-up, and she was making good ground on him the last 50-100m ...

Great House would now be in at 23 so safe unless Forgot you and Hotham winner jump in. Would they pull it from the Hotham? Said they didn't want to run unless they had to.....
It's there - $340 to back for the true sickos

View attachment 1269405
That's odd it's not on my Betfair!
The Uk site says "30 runners" but is only listing 25 when you count down them.
I'll try to work out what's going on.....

Great House would now be in at 23 so safe unless Forgot you and Hotham winner jump in. Would they pull it from the Hotham? Said they didn't want to run unless they had to.....

That's odd it's not on my Betfair!
The Uk site says "30 runners" but is only listing 25 when you count down them.
I'll try to work out what's going on.....

I'd say they would be highly likely to pull it - they can just have 100k on Forgot You to win the Derby if they are that worried about it :)

Please mate thats an awful call. Led them up and broke the field up from halfway and was dominant. Last couple runs have rated better than his lead in races last prep and this field is far worse. The weight and possibly getting a bit old are the handbrakes. A solid tempo is not.

This is what will get it. In saying that the only 2 other hopes, Incent and Spanish will have to lug their fair share of weight as well.

I'll be staggered if the winner comes outside these 3.

I'd say they would be highly likely to pull it - they can just have 100k on Forgot You to win the Derby if they are that worried about it :)
UK site missing Future Score, Emissary, King's Charisma, Tooradin and Constantinople. Either they know something we don't or they've left the bottom few out of the market for some reason - pretty safe to assume the latter. As you were :)

UK site missing Future Score, Emissary, King's Charisma, Tooradin and Constantinople. Either they know something we don't or they've left the bottom few out of the market for some reason - pretty safe to assume the latter. As you were :)

Fair to say if any of those win it will be a complete strip out for most.

still maturing and improving ... elleegant has been run ragged for several seasons, at some point she'll hit a wall ... the run behind incentivise was a sign, she'd had enough at the end on saturday ...
i don't think the cup has been her target, i don't rate her ... tralee rose has been set for this, it's almost an old-style campaign, and she gets into the field, on the improve, with no penalty ...
but we'll see ...

T.Rose fell in against Dr.Drill

If that's MC winning form then i'll give up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And people who come on here and abuse long time members who , yes are opinionated and stubborn … but continually put thier hand in thier own pocket for prizes will not be tolerated
Reported
Bye

Tipping on Horse Racing is literally a game of opinion.

If you've come here to have your opinion agreed with 100% then you're in the wrong place.

Does anyone rate Grand promenade? It's the only real horse in the field that has ticked all the boxes from the wack arse system that I use. Also if floating artist gets in he's the same. I know its a different sort of cup this year, and nothing has won with 57kg since the diva, but I keep thinking incentivise is only carrying half a kilo more than protectionist when it won.
I keep going back and forth.

Touch of Persan of last year about it.

Should run top 6 but i doubt it's good enough to knock off the top 2-3 faves.

iluvparis - You are a flog. Your attitude and arrogance on this forum is why alot of members lurk. If someone has a different opinion to yours - you are like an arsonist, can of petrol in hand, in the middle of a National Park on a 45deg Summers day WITH a hot northerly blowing.

We all understand - the Sun shines outta your arse. But theres no need to goatse everyone here. Flog.
If you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Paris and other long term members here have improved my understanding of thorough-bread racing and in turn helped me profit more.

Voleuse De Coeurs. There have been another couple scrubbers as well i think

Questions like this just highlight how cast historical racing data is in this country. FFS you can't even find a simple list of the winners with their SP without trawling through a dozen sights.

Back to the mares though - it is actually pretty rare to have any decent 'Cup' type mares in Europe - the good ones normally retire after there 3yo season or stick to the 2000m/2400m WFA races rather than going on to 3200m+ races as 4yos. ESTIMATE the Queen's horse that won the Gold Cup the only one that springs to mind really.

Don't get me wrong I love the Cup and I love discussion about it, but aren't most are just sitting back chilling with their Incent doubles (paid out) or Spanish Mission 31s? Clutching at straws at straws with GP and tralee rose discussion imo, 3 chances (if VE runs) and even though it seems people are sitting pretty with overs, you could still back Incent rn, i'm leaning toward the Protectionist theory that someone mentioned (only 500grams less) and that he will just be way too strong

Back