News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know how Craig is doing and how is exit from the club is being managed? Seems pretty quiet on that front to me - I hope we (the MFC) haven't made another enemy of a good football person.

I'm thinking because we haven't heard much or seen any negative news articles about Craig leaving that it's a sign of being well handled. Bartlett and PJ made special mention and thanked Craig at the B&F and at Roosy's announcement. Perhaps after the decision was made Craig indicated he didn't want a press conference or grand news release about him leaving, so we've kept it in house. I'm hoping that's roughly the case.

WHACK WHACK WHACK goes Roos

MELBOURNE coaches Paul Satterley, Andrew Nichol and Aaron Greaves have not been offered new coaching contracts for 2014.
The development coaches were at the club for the past two seasons, having joined shortly after former coach Mark Neeld was appointed in September 2011.
Satterley was the forward line development coach, Nichol (backline) and Greaves (midfield).

They join Bulldog great and long time assistant coach Brian Royal, and 2010 Collingwood premiership player Leigh Brown as other Melbourne coaches to recently depart the club.

Satterley, formerly Werribee coach in the VFL, played with the Bulldogs reserves in the mid 1990s. Nichol, who played three matches with the Dogs in 1995, had previously been involved in coaching elite junior teams. Greaves previously coached the Geelong Falcons in 2010-11.

Development has been an epic issue for our players.

Hopefully we can replace them with some names that have better credentials... obviously you can't get big names for dev coaches (less coin) but I reckon we can do much better than what we had.

Getting rid of those development coaches and Royal is a huge step in the right direction. You'll see great improvement in the midfield next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The waxed lyricals about Craig are laughable. He was paid in the region of 400k a year to 'mentor' Neeld, and he didn't do his job.

He was very nice when we met him, so good luck to him.

I enjoyed the Bulldogs win, but lets not get so sappy over a person who landed a cushy job and took us nowhere.

The waxed lyricals about Craig are laughable. He was paid in the region of 400k a year to 'mentor' Neeld, and he didn't do his job.

He was very nice when we met him, so good luck to him.

I enjoyed the Bulldogs win, but lets not get so sappy over a person who landed a cushy job and took us nowhere.

At least he made the players play for themselves and the team again. That's something, in terms of morale.

Don't worry, Roosy knows a guy.

Roos should just hire J Walter Weatherman to teach our players lessons.

"And that's why you don't break structures."
j-walter-weatherman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back