Analysis Members forum night 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

I was gonna suggest someone step up and do that... You're a good guy Ben.

No hard feelings Jäeger.. But a whole states AFL integrity relies on you staying in QLD
If you feel the need to track me down, i wouldn't press charges..
Damn, I'd even let you get 1 back on me with my Mrs.

Spoke with Justin Cordy about how we compared physically to the Bulldogs of last year. One of the main areas he spoke about was that they had 14 or so HARD runners, we have about 8-10 and he's keen to improve that (training, draft or trade). Happy with our speed, but he identified the Melbourne group as pretty ideal body size/strength and seems like he's wanting to get us there sooner rather than later.

I'm glad he realises apart from Jäeger and Swallow were a bunch of sissy skinny little bitches who need to toughen the feck up.
The only player on our team to ever hurt anyone with contact is May, why because he is built like a brick shithouse.
Everyone else goes in to get the ball and gets spat out onto the grass

Then the question is, who is Corkie..?
I really need to go out and take 1 for the team and bang O'Mearas 22yr old gf.

Problem solved
Had a good chat with Ashcroft about our list.

They are planning for a fairly decent overhaul this trades/draft period but the 3yr re-build media rumours are wrong.

We are looking at clearing out all the deadwood on the list.
Guys like Shaw & Matera will be traded. Others delisted.
Even if players are contracted, if they are not in Rocket's plans we will trade them out to clear list spots & cap space to do a mini-makeover.

Rocket has made a list of what types of players he wants recruited for next season.

We will take Bowes (Ashcroft expects him to go top 5) & Scheer (with a late 2nd Rd pick). Possibly another academy kid with a late pick.

We are looking to use a Rd1 pick to recruit a quality player from another club. Ashcroft said we are also likely to "buy" another 2 mature ready made players to fill Rockets list.

All up, we could easily turn over 6-8 players this off season to get the missing talent & depth we need. Rocket is fixing the list to what it should be.

JOM more likely to leave than Prestia. It's the whole girlfriend thing. Not so much wanting to move to Melbourne/change clubs, it's just where she lives and she ain't moving! Bit of a Hickey scenario. No decisions have been made yet from JOM or us, but I could tell Ashcroft was a little peaved JOM was seriously thinking of leaving for his 22yo girlfriend.

Prestia still assessing but things are much brighter. He is settled up here, just wants more wins like all of us and to make sure we are heading in the right direction - and the club coughs up the $$$.

Swallow is not the clubs favourite at the moment. He has visited the Roos medical team twice... The 1st time the Suns knew nothing about it. Pissed off the footy dept big time. But club sat down with him, listened to his reasons (which was basically Swallow's family wanting him better sooner than later & wanted a 2nd opinion from a doc they had history with) and the Suns signed off on his 2nd visit. But that's done & dusted. Not seeing them now. He is a contracted player and will not be traded. Marcus said he will be back playing again in the last half dozen rounds and will be a Sun next season.

About 250 members turned up. Very well organised, hierarchy well spoken. Leadership group in attendance, all in good spirits happy to chat. Thumbs up to the club. They were open, honest and passionate. They crave club success just like us and are doing as much as possible to make it happen.

Answered all my questions in the one hit - great work. Save me 30 mins a day for the next month not having to continually ask the same questions over again.

I imagine when discussing the players to be moved on Ashcroft didn't mention names and you are just reading between the lines, be interesting to see if McKenzie gets moved on as well as although his form has been OK this year he was still part of lazy crew. Glad to hear that the list cloggers will be going and that we will have 100% of the list having a crack at it.

JOM is smarter than that. It certainly makes it easier to play the family/GF card than it is to tell us he wants to be at another club. Whatever... he will do what he will do and we will make the best of the situation.

Rocket also scathing on the Melbourne media - he said they are just out to destabilise our club.

And the video message from Cochrane was awesome. The guy is a bit of a loose cannon but crikey he is passionate about the Suns and won't take s**t from no one. Doesn't apologise for his outbursts and we are to expect more of them :)

Rocket also scathing on the Melbourne media - he said they are just out to destabilise our club.

And the video message from Cochrane was awesome. The guy is a bit of a loose cannon but crikey he is passionate about the Suns and won't take s**t from no one. Doesn't apologise for his outbursts and we are to expect more of them :)
This is how i imagine Cochrane's video message to go down

Lem
He named Matera & Shaw as gone via trade. He mentioned Schade as trade bait. Russell/Tape/Stanley unlikely to get trades so delisted.

McKenzie staying. No other actual names mentioned. Going to be a good shake up.
Lemmens?

He named Matera & Shaw as gone via trade. He mentioned Schade as trade bait. Russell/Tape/Stanley unlikely to get trades so delisted.

Out of all those players the only one that has any sort of trade value is Matera and if Ashcroft is prepared to put his name out there I guess we are not fussed what we get back for him as long as he is off the books.

Hi Corkie

I might have missed something so apologies in advance.

Are your comments serious or taking the mickey?

Who are they attributed to if they are on the money.

The seem rather inflammatory to those players you listed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Straight from Ashcrofts mouth.

Thanks Corkie for reply.

I still find it amazing that the GM would go public about players that are still in contract regarding their future . These guys are presently pulling on the GCS and are putting their bodies on the line.

If this is the environment that is driven from the top down then the GCS will never succeed.

I would hate to be in the trenches with these guys with a fear of getting a bayonet in the back before getting out of the trench!

If Jaeger is as good as gone and nominates a club we will get SFA for him, we have spent a fortune on his rehab. End it now and let his new team sort it out
I hope this is not the case, its extremely tough to deal with a top line 10yr player leaving the club.

Think of Jaeger's Juniors! It's obviously going to have to be renamed Tommy's Tackers, Steve's Squirts, Gary's Guppies....ran out of ideas now...

Thanks Corkie for reply.

I still find it amazing that the GM would go public about players that are still in contract regarding their future . These guys are presently pulling on the GCS and are putting their bodies on the line.

If this is the environment that is driven from the top down then the GCS will never succeed.

I would hate to be in the trenches with these guys with a fear of getting a bayonet in the back before getting out of the trench!
He didn't, Ashcroft said in his main address to the members that no one under contract will be traded

That rubbish. Ether you are lying or Ashcroft lied to us both because he told me no one under contract will be traded whatsoever
Trust in Corkie look what he's managed to do in the space of a week! I expect to see him at the trade table sitting between Ashcroft and Clayton by the end of the year and both of them running their decisions past Corkie just to get 3 votes on their decisions.

Trust in Corkie look what he's managed to do in the space of a week! I expect to see him at the trade table sitting between Ashcroft and Clayton by the end of the year and both of them running their decisions past Corkie just to get 3 votes on their decisions.
It is definitely unconventional though

I spoke with him one on one afterwards for about 15mins. It may be that Shaw has asked for a trade & will be paid out. It could already be agreed. Just passing on what he said. I applaud Marcus for being open with members. Transparency is good for the club.
Did he... Comment on rumours regarding Dangerfield? :p

so what's the consensus for those that went? Is Ashcroft off the s**t list?

Can I still bash Clayton then? I need a scapegoat for 2016... or do I need to revert back to Aaron Hall...
It's just my opinion (and we all now know from our great mate Tony everyone has one) I don't believe a think that come out of Ashcroft mouth, and I've lost all faith in him and Clayton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back