Mod. Notice 'Merry Christmas' and a 'Happy New Year'

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Christmas, on this, the day of peace.

Reckon I hit 20 on the oysters, and am a landowner in Pork-Crackle town!!!!!

Over-indulge people. :thumbsu::rainbow:

Not quite 20 oysters, but definitely got to double figures.
Have eaten way too much, but have had a really good day with my family and my gf's family.
Putting my feet up for a bit and then heading off to the cricket tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Christmas

:eek:

Ahh thread title changed, now i feel more comfortable.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, its been a pleasure!

Not to be pedantic about it, but 'Xmas' is just as valid a word as 'Christmas'. The fact is that the original bible was written in Greek and the word for Christ began with an X. Hence, Christ himself was referred to as X (as a form of shorthand) in a lot of early writings.

Thus, Xmas is valid.

The End.

By ODNBlue. :cool:

Not to be pedantic about it, but 'Xmas' is just as valid a word as 'Christmas'. The fact is that the original bible was written in Greek and the word for Christ began with an X. Hence, Christ himself was referred to as X (as a form of shorthand) in a lot of early writings.

Thus, Xmas is valid.

The End.

By ODNBlue. :cool:

Who said it wasn't valid? Just hate the word.

;)

I am so happy that Xmas and Boxing Day are over, had to take leftovers home except I wasn't allow to take the plum pudding which is my fav thing. Cooked, swam, walked on the beach and took my nephew to the fun fair and my sister and I caught up with a friend who we haven't seen for 20 years. Cleaned my dad's house today drove back up to the city unpack the car and died on the couch whilst watching the last hour of play of the test.

I am so happy that Xmas and Boxing Day are over, had to take leftovers home except I wasn't allow to take the plum pudding which is my fav thing. Cooked, swam, walked on the beach and took my nephew to the fun fair and my sister and I caught up with a friend who we haven't seen for 20 years. Cleaned my dad's house today drove back up to the city unpack the car and died on the couch whilst watching the last hour of play of the test.

Sounds like u where at phillip island...

No down at my dad's place which is a hour's drive south of Perth. I am another one who doesn't really like Christmas. I like buying and wrapping presents and I have a tree but that's about it. There is only five of us and my sister and I end up doing everything for two days and I just find it exhausting. My dad does the dishes though even when we all haven't finished eating.

No down at my dad's place which is a hour's drive south of Perth. I am another one who doesn't really like Christmas. I like buying and wrapping presents and I have a tree but that's about it. There is only five of us and my sister and I end up doing everything for two days and I just find it exhausting. My dad does the dishes though even when we all haven't finished eating.
Typical of a lot of situations I reckon. Not on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back