Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

There are three candidates and if you don't know them by now then it confirms you have no interest and are being a troll.
Are you going to be consistent and hold every other poster accountable?:mad:

Errr...about 300 players will nominate for the mid season draft.

You are the one telling us how right you always are so often, so I am interested in testing your claim. :)

25 in around two weeks
Take one of the young players with upside....

Not interested in these 25 year olds that would still need a bit of work over a couple years to be decent at AFL level

Davidson's actually only 22.

Here is a writeup on him from our website:

73. Sam DAVIDSON
VFL73.png

13-Dec-2001 (22 years old), 1st year in program, hybrid forward/wing, 190cm

Local club - St Kevins Old Boys (VAFA)

Originally from Melbourne and a St Kevins College alumni but has spent the past few years on medical placement in Gippsland as part of his studies. Has been playing for Maffra in the GFL during this time and impressing with his size, run, clean hands and versatility. Due to return to Melbourne in 2024 for work and to try his hand at VFL football. Is an elite runner with an excellent work rate.

Davidson's actually only 22.

Here is a writeup on him from our website:

73. Sam DAVIDSON
VFL73.png

13-Dec-2001 (22 years old), 1st year in program, hybrid forward/wing, 190cm

Local club - St Kevins Old Boys (VAFA)

Originally from Melbourne and a St Kevins College alumni but has spent the past few years on medical placement in Gippsland as part of his studies. Has been playing for Maffra in the GFL during this time and impressing with his size, run, clean hands and versatility. Due to return to Melbourne in 2024 for work and to try his hand at VFL football. Is an elite runner with an excellent work rate.
The site I went to said 25yo lol. Thanks even better

What role would you see him at afl level ti
I would have him Wing / HFF. It looked like he started forward today , but in the third Kmac went into the guts and he pushed up more. His height is actually deceptive as I thought he was shorter than 190cm. Moves well and beautiful hands.
It will be interesting if we go for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And have them take up list positions of better prospects in the National Draft??

Sean Hayes Wtf GIF by Team Coco
You do know that they are recruited as rookies and don't actually take up a senior list spot.

Well it will be interesting on what we do in the PSD now that MRj has been confirmed with syndesmosis and they usually take 10-12 weeks bringing that to the end of the season and with MRj habits of getting heavier whilst kicking back

Do we take 3 picks and keep which ever players show the most ?

His last 2 games . These are his first 5 rounds of senior footy , not 255 so get some perspective perhaps
I mean it's a pretty good start but would you draft players based on 2 above average games in the vfl? he's doing better than may and people wanted him... so maybe?

Well it will be interesting on what we do in the PSD now that MRj has been confirmed with syndesmosis and they usually take 10-12 weeks bringing that to the end of the season and with MRj habits of getting heavier whilst kicking back

Do we take 3 picks and keep which ever players show the most ?
Problem is you slowly start to fill the list with guys that probably won't make it because you really do need to give them at least an AFL preseason. Then all of a sudden you risk just adding list cloggers to the list, particularly if you've gone mature age.

Hence why I say take young players with upside or don't draft at all. 3 is pushing it, probably filling the list with too many state league level players isn't a great thing.

Problem is you slowly start to fill the list with guys that probably won't make it because you really do need to give them at least an AFL preseason. Then all of a sudden you risk just adding list cloggers to the list, particularly if you've gone mature age.

Hence why I say take young players with upside or don't draft at all. 3 is pushing it, probably filling the list with too many state league level players isn't a great thing.
Really depends on the players you take

Say for example we take Howe with our 1st and Skaife is still available at our 2nd pick and a mid at the 3rd or even a small foward then you get a good look at them for the rest of the season and see them close up
Sure they wont all make it if any but always easier to hit a target if you have 3 shots

Can always delist end of the year if not upto the level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back