Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

GOALS

Fu_pl8HakAAj5Rn.jpg

TACKLES

COURAGE

image.jpg

This photo is a great example of Jed's 'defensive pressure', because McCluggage has two hands free and will easily get the handball away.

Dougal Howard was worse but people here can't see it because he's tall and no tall player is ever bad in the opinion of this board.
Dougal has already topped McEntee's career high disposal tally by half time today, for the record. From full back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to understand what led to Jed being selected in the mid season draft in the first place, who scouted him and said yes I want more of that.

I honestly suspect he was just friends with the right people or something. The whole situation is weird.

9 disposals in 63% game time is actually pretty decent for a small forward. 78% disposal efficiency too. If he kicked that set shot in the last quarter it would've been a solid game for the great man.
Francis Evans (who is a VFL footballer at best) kicked 4 goals in another showdown we were flogged in last year and they had the audacity to drop him.

I would love to understand what led to Jed being selected in the mid season draft in the first place, who scouted him and said yes I want more of that.

I honestly suspect he was just friends with the right people or something. The whole situation is weird.
Bassett liked him I'm not sure if it was a before or after mid season draft love affair I suspect it was the former, Chadbro initially didn't 'see it' in Jed (his words) however he came around to Bassett's reasoning & now loves him and we are all idiots obviously.

Jug head knows he’s hot trash, he’s just in it for the pay check, just like the rest of the PAFC organisation. Except for Francis & Burgoyne.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm 99% certain he played as a midfielder at SANFL level but we drafted him to be a forward.

Ultimately we picked him because Sam Gray got old and we needed a new one. Sam was much better at finding the goals though.

Jug head knows he’s hot trash, he’s just in it for the pay check, just like the rest of the PAFC organisation. Except for Francis & Burgoyne.

I don't think we can blame Jed, as if he's not trying. He's trying, he's just a limited footballer playing a role that isn't natural to him.

I don't think we can blame Jed, as if he's not trying. He's trying, he's just a limited footballer playing a role that isn't natural to him.
Not like us to put players in positions they know heck all about and then persist with it despite it clearly not working.

Not like us to put players in positions they know * all about and then persist with it despite it clearly not working.

It is working. He's doing what they want him to do. Our forward strategy is complete cactus. It doesn't do anything they think it does, unless we play a poor team we can simply outclass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back