Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn’t on Jed. He seems to work hard, his fitness seems good. Can’t blame him for being drafted, for having a crack and for being selected. I don’t think the ‘worst ever player’ crap is kind, fair or warranted.
Can you name a worse one who's played at least 38 games?

Not my point Schulzy.

I don’t think he should be selected or should have got to 38 games and probably 50 by years end. I’m on board with you.

That’s different to people having a go at him. Just don’t think we need to do that. Not Jed’s fault he got drafted and gets selected. If you’re on a list you want to play. I think Jed has tried bloody hard but just isn’t an AFL quality small forward.

Remember when we used to whinge about Sam Gray only getting 17 and 1 a match.

Yeah….those were the days

Remember when we used to whinge about Sam Gray only getting 17 and 1 a match.

Yeah….those were the days
Sam Gray was capable of getting 35 touches on his day.

The problem is they played him as the smallest tall forward target ala Jake Neade.

We should force Jed to watch every GWS, Geelong, Carlton, and Collingwood game until he learns how to play like their small forwards.
Screenshot_20240503_160601_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if Chadbro realises Ken is going to sink his AFL career for him?
I doubt he'd think he'd have an AFL position after ken. He'll hang around drawing a high salary as long as the limpet clings on then either go coach Glenelg or just buy a pub.

You've really set a task on that one, Schulzy.

I don't think I can.

I went recently to Brynn Teakle but he played 6 games.

I went into the memory banks and came up with Ryan Pagan, the son of Denis Pagan but his dad only gifted him 3 games.

I don't even think Nathan Lonie who meets the criteria is even in the same ballpark and that is saying something.

Dougal Howard was worse but people here can't see it because he's tall and no tall player is ever bad in the opinion of this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite thing Jed does is when he gets tackled he refuses to give the first option, then just keeps looking and usually gets pinged htb or give it straight to an opposition player.

It's an interesting way to approach it
He just loves the feel of the leather. Considering he only gets to touch it about 5 times a game he is just making the most of it.

But we're being harsh on the lad. I think we give him a dozen more games to gel with the rest of the team, I reckon he'll come good

Dougal Howard was worse but people here can't see it because he's tall and no tall player is ever bad in the opinion of this board.
Not even a little bit close. Do you think anybody's offering up a first rounder for Jed like the Saints did for Dougal?

Not sure McEntee is the worst player to have played for the Power, as I'm still giving that gong to a bloke named lonie.

Not on ability but for his completely non existent attack on the ball when under even the slightest pressure, a bloke like him wouldn't have lasted long or possibly even have made the list under Fos or Jack.

Eg on the wing during a hawks v bulldogs game at the MCG when he was still playing for the hawkers he very clearly pulled out of a contest, the hook came out and Clarkson ripped him off the field immediately.

Then apparently on Kane Korner's recommendation Port traded for him, and amongst a number of other extremely weak efforts during his time at Alberton he did exactly the SAME thing when playing for Port against Melbourne at the MCG in virtually the same part of the ground. o_O

Not sure McEntee is the worst player to have played for the Power, as I'm still giving that gong to a bloke named lonie.

Not on ability but for his completely non existent attack on the ball when under even the slightest pressure, a bloke like him wouldn't have lasted long or possibly even have made the list under Fos or Jack.

Eg on the wing during a hawks v bulldogs game at the MCG when he was still playing for the hawkers he very clearly pulled out of a contest, the hook came out and Clarkson ripped him off the field immediately.

Then apparently on Kane Korner's recommendation Port traded for him, and amongst a number of other extremely weak efforts during his time at Alberton he did exactly the SAME thing when playing for Port against Melbourne at the MCG in virtually the same part of the ground. o_O
Get your Lonie shots in now, because even if we accept that he was worse (which I don't, he was soft but he at least actually did something on the field), we're only three games away for Jed passing him for games played for the club.

Get your Lonie shots in now, because even if we accept that he was worse (which I don't, he was soft but he at least actually did something on the field), we're only three games away for Jed passing him for games played for the club.
Synchronised with Hinkley passing Bill Stephens. Poetic.

Nathan Lonie was definitely the softest player to play at Alberton.
Jed McEntee is just an average SANFL footballer, nothing more.

It amazes me a guy like Will Snelling is playing SANFL and McEntee is an AFL regular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back