Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

why?
He is a good PG on a great contract.
It was a tongue in cheek comment mate. Iv been a big Rubio fan his entire career and believe he is a great PG to have with Wigs and KAT. I follow college ball very closely. Dunn was one I loved from the start. Very happy to have him

Not overally confident in the following but, throwing some cash at Ibaka next offseason could round out our rosters so well.

PG: Rubio/Dunn who starts nobody knows a year down the track/Tyus
SG: Laving/Wiggins/Dunn
SF: Wiggins/Baz/Bjelly
PF: Ibaka/Gourgi/Bjelly
C: Kat/Gourgi/Cole

I reckon that pushes Bjelica to the 3 with Bazz out of the rotation.

Rubio / Dunn / Jones
LaVine / Rush
Wiggins / Bjelica / Muhammad
Dieng / Hill / Garnett / Payne
Towns / Aldrich / Pekovic

If KG returns, waive Payne and sign another guard. If he doesn't, sign another guard...then waive Payne anyway.

Last edited:
Plz keep wolves.

Just new colours.ect would be ok with

Love the hill signing. Needed someone who can rebound. Hill is just that at a really good price.

Pushes Bjelica down a bit. Wiggins HAS to slide to the 3. I see Dunn logging more minutes as a SG because his size

Wiggins needs to turn up with a 3 point shot.

Plz keep wolves.

Just new colours.ect would be ok with

Love the hill signing. Needed someone who can rebound. Hill is just that at a really good price.

Pushes Bjelica down a bit. Wiggins HAS to slide to the 3. I see Dunn logging more minutes as a SG because his size

Wiggins needs to turn up with a 3 point shot.
Mentioned this in the off-season thread but we're paying a total of ~$14.5M for Aldrich, Hill and Rush next season. Insane value looking at other contracts this off-season. Really happy. Bench looking much better.

Mentioned this in the off-season thread but we're paying a total of ~$14.5M for Aldrich, Hill and Rush next season. Insane value looking at other contracts this off-season. Really happy. Bench looking much better.
Any news on Mo Harkless. He would be handy behind Wiggins

Some teams went balls to the wall with bew contracts. Mike conley is a good player but 30m?
Parsons at 24 Million?
Fourniur at 17 Million?
Deng at 15 Million? (4 years guys)
Evan Turner 17.5?
Mozgov at 16 Million?
Mahimi at 17 Million?
Gordon on 13 Million?
Tyler F**kin Johnson at 12.5
Rondo 14 Million

Those are some rank ass contracts which were thrown out at the first couple of days. Those ones like Mozgov/Deng are going to ******* anchor teams down because they've practically paid for bench players at starter prices.

Im glad we're keeping some space to try next year. Think of guys like Griffin/Westbrook/Hayward/Teague/Ibaka/ who if we dont completely suck maybe able to throw them a max to see if they are interested

You'll need to offer over 9 to get him out of Portland as that's what would put them into tax territory

Not sure on available cap room for you guys
About 8 I think.

Would prefer to add a competent shooter anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some teams went balls to the wall with bew contracts. Mike conley is a good player but 30m?
Parsons at 24 Million?
Fourniur at 17 Million?
Deng at 15 Million? (4 years guys)
Evan Turner 17.5?
Mozgov at 16 Million?
Mahimi at 17 Million?
Gordon on 13 Million?
Tyler F**kin Johnson at 12.5
Rondo 14 Million

Those are some rank ass contracts which were thrown out at the first couple of days. Those ones like Mozgov/Deng are going to ******* anchor teams down because they've practically paid for bench players at starter prices.

Im glad we're keeping some space to try next year. Think of guys like Griffin/Westbrook/Hayward/Teague/Ibaka/ who if we dont completely suck maybe able to throw them a max to see if they are interested

Tyler Johnsons is the worst if he doesn't become a star in a hurry. I think 5 mil the first 2 season then 20 the last 2 :/ something like that

Tyler Johnsons is the worst if he doesn't become a star in a hurry. I think 5 mil the first 2 season then 20 the last 2 :/ something like that
Good back up guard in terms of talent. His handles are not great. Not big/strong enough to play his true position of SG.

The same goes for owner Glen Taylor, who said Wednesday in Las Vegas he had dinner with Garnett about a month ago.

"I just asked him, 'Kevin, what are you going to do?' His answer was, 'I'd really like to play next year 'cuz I'd like to go out knowing we got into the playoffs,' " Taylor said.

"Then he said, 'I don't know if I can.'

"I asked him, 'What does that mean?' And he said, 'I don't know.'

"So I asked the question but I didn't get an answer that helped me. Yes, theoretically, he'd like to play. But he has some doubts of his knees holding up. I believe he told me exactly the truth."
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/featur...-retirement-clock/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6a

Watched half of the wolves game this morning.

Tyus Jones looks alright! Step above the rest of the hacks out there, on the offensive end anyway.

Why would we need a backup point with Dunn, Jones and Rubio?
Do you think Rubio will go?
Looking more and more likely we'll play Dunn predominantly at SG I think, at least early days. We're thin on the wings and that was the role he played in Summer League. I don't see Jones getting many minutes.

I think he'll be around when the season starts. Whether he's around at the trade deadline though is another question. I have no idea on that. Probably depends how well Dunn's tracking.

Who do you think we are targeting?

Norris Cole is available

Russ-Troll.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back