Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...rade-overtures-for-ricky-rubio-224943249.html
There is still time until the 2016 NBA draft’s fifth overall selection, Kris Dunn, takes over as the Minnesota Timberwolves’ point guard – which is why the franchise is still resisting trade overtures for Ricky Rubio, league sources told The Vertical.

The Sacramento Kings are the most determined of several teams expressing interest in finding a pathway to a Rubio deal, league sources said, but Minnesota president and coach Tom Thibodeau is reluctant to move Rubio – outside of bringing back a no-brainer package, of course – until Dunn’s progress illustrates this season that he’s ready to fully take over the team.

Thibodeau doesn’t anticipate Dunn becoming the starter until approximately 20 games into the regular season, league sources said.

Several teams – including Philadelphia and New Orleans – have shown interest in point guard Tyus Jones, 20, whom the Wolves are more open to moving in the short term, league sources said.

What do you think of Tyus Jones and a First Round Pick for Nerlens Noel and a Second Round Pick?

What do you think of Tyus Jones and a First Round Pick for Nerlens Noel and a Second Round Pick?

I'm not giving up any more future firsts. And we need wings, not bigs.

If a deal with Cleveland was possible for Shumpert that's where we should be looking.

So Brandon Rush looks like he will be a very good pick up
Iv been watching since the Micheal Beasley days and we never seem to have a reliable knockdown shooter on the wing spreading out the defense(except maybe Gary Neal for a month). Really helps Rubio pull off those look-away passes too.

Dieng ok offensively sucked defensively. like Rubio Gambled
Kat good
Lavine good
Wiggins Good. He's improved his handles.
Rubio gambled too much on D and was average

Our bench apart from Dunn was absolute trash. Dunn will be a good player.

We should start

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
KAT
Aldrich

Dunn
Not Shabazz
Rush
Bjelica
Dieng

I wasn't too disappointed with the game yesterday. Disappointing to drop the lead (but really the opening wasn't sustainable) and the bench performed way below expectation, but I got out of it about what I expected.

Signs of improvement on a team level (defence in particular; although 3pt D was lax all day) and at player level (Wiggins' handles and effort; LaVine's defence and facilitation, etc) but an indication that there's still some ways to go and that the old issues haven't been completely worked through yet. That said I think a lot of Wolves fans had greater expectations than I did.

I was really frustrated by the bench though. It should be much improved from last year but it probably performed worse in all honesty. Bazz, Belly and Rush all looked much improved throughout pre-season but really, really struggled. Aldrich and Dunn solid. Hopefully see some improvement there against the Kings.

We really need a facilitative wing that can defend (and an actual PF if Bjelica is going to continue to play like he did yesterday). We needed another guy who could move and open up scoring opportunities for others throughout the second half yesterday but we really don't have the option there at the minute.

I wasn't too disappointed with the game yesterday. Disappointing to drop the lead (but really the opening wasn't sustainable) and the bench performed way below expectation, but I got out of it about what I expected.

Signs of improvement on a team level (defence in particular; although 3pt D was lax all day) and at player level (Wiggins' handles and effort; LaVine's defence and facilitation, etc) but an indication that there's still some ways to go and that the old issues haven't been completely worked through yet. That said I think a lot of Wolves fans had greater expectations than I did.

I was really frustrated by the bench though. It should be much improved from last year but it probably performed worse in all honesty. Bazz, Belly and Rush all looked much improved throughout pre-season but really, really struggled. Aldrich and Dunn solid. Hopefully see some improvement there against the Kings.

We really need a facilitative wing that can defend (and an actual PF if Bjelica is going to continue to play like he did yesterday). We needed another guy who could move and open up scoring opportunities for others throughout the second half yesterday but we really don't have the option there at the minute.
What you need is another point guard

Here have mcw and Rondo

What you need is another point guard

Here have mcw and Rondo
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4/64M extension for Dieng.

The two parties are apparently very far apart on a Bazz extension. Deadline is tonight.

Dieng is a reasonable deal; he would have done better in RFA.

I wouldn't be in a rush to sign Shabazz Muhammad.

does an elbow strain sound like an 'indefinite' injury...obviously pretty critical part of the anatomy for bball..but its no jones # / back injury / personal issues

In a cabin in the woods with dicey mobile data. The **** happened today?
A complete shitshow. Neither side played a lick of defence and Brooklyn were just hotter in the end. It was embarrassing.

Tyus and KAT were very good though, and apparently Wiggins is now a genuine threat from 3pt range. He was very good too.

Dieng was atrocious, Belly had no impact and Aldrich wasn't great either - the situation with bigs was so dire that we played the potentially game-winning few minutes in the fourth with a Tyus/LaVine/Wiggins/Shabazz/Towns lineup. Dunn wasn't good either; Rush seemingly out of the rotation; and it wasn't LaVine's best game.

Hopefully better today...

A complete shitshow. Neither side played a lick of defence and Brooklyn were just hotter in the end. It was embarrassing.

Tyus and KAT were very good though, and apparently Wiggins is now a genuine threat from 3pt range. He was very good too.

Dieng was atrocious, Belly had no impact and Aldrich wasn't great either - the situation with bigs was so dire that we played the potentially game-winning few minutes in the fourth with a Tyus/LaVine/Wiggins/Shabazz/Towns lineup. Dunn wasn't good either; Rush seemingly out of the rotation; and it wasn't LaVine's best game.

Hopefully better today...

No Hill?

Yes Wiggins is looking deadly from the 3. He's improving that a lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back