Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely that does not bode well with AK's future at the Wolves then?

We would have to move DWill, Barea/Ridnour to sign him up..and even then we'd be a border line tax team.

AK brings a lot to the table IMO, highly rated by those who play with him, would love to see him back at the T-Wolves, but cant see it happening

AK brings a lot to the table IMO, highly rated by those who play with him, would love to see him back at the T-Wolves, but cant see it happening

I think what'll they need to do to preserve their cap space is get a S&T happening for Martin, but I'm not sure even that opens enough up.

I think we can say farewell to AK.

Latest mumbling a are that they have reached out to Matt Barnes! To make room they will have to trade JJ or Luke. The Mavs are reported to be interested in bringing back JJ but will wait on Dwight Howard's decision. It would be a salary dump for just a 2nd round pick.

Great move to strengthen the perimeter D if it happens.

There is also a strange rumour that Flip has spoken to Billups. This I don't get! Ageing Combo guard that has had 2 injury riddled years in a row. Makes no sense at all.

Latest mumbling a are that they have reached out to Matt Barnes! To make room they will have to trade JJ or Luke. The Mavs are reported to be interested in bringing back JJ but will wait on Dwight Howard's decision. It would be a salary dump for just a 2nd round pick.

Great move to strengthen the perimeter D if it happens.

There is also a strange rumour that Flip has spoken to Billups. This I don't get! Ageing Combo guard that has had 2 injury riddled years in a row. Makes no sense at all.

Billups is cooked. Pass.

Barnes would be excellent but I don't think we'd get him for the exception available (which is the one Stiemsma got last season). He'll be in LA next season.

Coey Brewer is a decent signing, definitely helps the defensive side of things and should be handy for a fourth/fifth option on the scoring ends. Just got to knock down the open looks Rubio will create for him

Coey Brewer is a decent signing, definitely helps the defensive side of things and should be handy for a fourth/fifth option on the scoring ends. Just got to knock down the open looks Rubio will create for him
Corey and his pet goat...those were the days.

With Corey it's going to be a lot of 'good Corey, bad Corey'. But it's going to be fun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump.

Where do we see the starting lineup this year? The best I can see is:
PG: Rubio
SG: Martin
SF: Brewer
PF: Love
C: Pekovic

Small forward is the interesting one for me. Williams or Shabazz are options as well.

Would love Shabazz to grab the starting SF position with both hands and make it his. Real shame about Bud getting injured again. :thumbsdown:

Think we'd be cautious with Shabazz. Give him too much straight out and I'd be a little worried about his attitude and work ethic. As far as I'm concerned we need to make him work for every opportunity.

Agree that I'd love to see him take it with both hands though.

With Martin on the team I'm not sure I'd start Bud as the small forward even if he were fit. I'd probably be more keen to go for someone a bit more solid defensively which is why I've got Brewer there. Certainly a spot up for grabs there though.

Defensive is likely to be all sorts of balls without Kirilenko holding the frontcourt together.

Yeah don't think we'll be a great defensive team. By the sounds of it, Love's 3pt shot is back and Ricky's athleticism is letting him dunk now. So long as everyone can stay fit, we should put up some huge scores.

Bump.

Where do we see the starting lineup this year? The best I can see is:
PG: Rubio
SG: Martin
SF: Brewer
PF: Love
C: Pekovic

Small forward is the interesting one for me. Williams or Shabazz are options as well.

Yeah, that's the lineup. Shabazz is going to be buried deep on the bench.

The consensus at Canis Hoopus is that SHabazz is going to be a Shabust... I tend to agree.... hope to be proved wrong, but still peeved at the complete bungling of the draft.

Brewer has looked good at training camp playing within his role, will be interesting to see what happens come playing time... hello league pass and pre seaosn tomorrow morning :D

The consensus at Canis Hoopus is that SHabazz is going to be a Shabust... I tend to agree.... hope to be proved wrong, but still peeved at the complete bungling of the draft.

Brewer has looked good at training camp playing within his role, will be interesting to see what happens come playing time... hello league pass and pre seaosn tomorrow morning :D

Hoopus is advanced stats central and the stats say that players with his college statistical profile never succeed at pro level. Ever.

If you squinted a bit Johnson kinda looked like he might have resembled a serviceable three and D role player briefly. Yi looked the part before it became apparent that he was scared of his own shadow. Flynn looked ordinary in the NBL and Joe's greatest achievement was nailing a Bucks cheerleader. (this is way less awesome than it sounds)

Anywho super excited to see Rubio and Love reunited. Rubio is so dreamy.

Last season Rubio, Love and Pekovic were on court together for a combined total of about 12 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back